Depotting Cargo eyeshadow?

bellaetoile

what palettes do cargo shadows fit into, if any? do they sell palettes? i've never thought to de-pot them, because i've always thought they were the wrong size..

bellaetoile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Kitten
they're the same size as Stila, 35mm

oooh, thanks so much!
i wish i could help in the depotting category.
i'll play with mine tomorrow, and let you know if i figure anything out.

Cool Kitten

yeah, they would fit into Stila or Mod palette, the question is how to get them out of their metal casing?

Lalli

if you look in the tutorial section theres a few techniques on how to de-pot, using hot irons/candel/microwave etc etc, hope that helps
smiles.gif

Cool Kitten

Cargo doesn't a have plastic insert, it's just metal pan in metal container, so there's nothing to melt.

carol

Quote:
Cargo doesn't a have plastic insert, it's just metal pan in metal container, so there's nothing to melt.

Is there some sort of glue holding the inner pan to the outer container? I think heating it would just melt the glue and make it easier to pull out the pan with the shadow in it.

Lalli

Quote:

well it must be glued down somehow otherwise it would fall out right? try one of those little knife thingys and see if you can pry it out

bellaetoile

ok, i'll try to get pics up as soon as possible.

i got one out.
take an exacto knife, or something small, flat, and sharp.
there was a tiny space between the pan, and the wall of the tin.
stick the knife down, tryi to kind of wiggle ut under,
and put pressure on the side of the tin, to give yourself leverage.
my pan came out quite easily.
there is very little margin for error, though.
the pan is glued to the bottom, that's it.
i put mine back in, as i don't currently have stila pan space for it,
but it did come out, quickly and easily.
hope this helps.

Cool Kitten

thank you so much! I have MOD palettes on the way for Cargo and Stila. You didn't heat them up at all, just pried them out?

bellaetoile

yeah..i'm charging my camera battery right now, i'll try to get pictures up tonight. it was really easy to get them out, but just go slowly. its easier to kind of bend the cargo tin, since they're really thin, and then be able to get under the pan more with the point of the knife.
sorry, i suck at describing. good luck, though!

Latest posts