Depotting Insomniac

rt66chix

I couldnt sleep. I just depotted 21 eyeshadows and an Emote blush. Does anyone else get crazy like this or am I the only one???

TISH1124

I am a depotting whore....I love it...My husband swears it's the buzz I am getting from the glue
th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif

joojoobss

i did that with all my shadows in one day, its so much fun!

im debating if i should depot my blushes,, but, im liking the individual packaging.

Blushbaby

Hmmm I'd leave the blushes alone personally. I like the optiion of being able to carry my blusher of choice around with me.

M.A.C. head.

I'm the same way. Once I start depotting and organizing it's like I must do it for EVERYTHING.

Oh and...I DO get a bit of a high from the glue...LMAO

MsButterfli

i need to depot...and press some piggies too, i got my empty pallette from coastal scents and ready to get to work lol

rt66chix

I totally got on a roll and next thing I know I had an assembly line going.
Blushes are hard though, and when I nicked the palm of my hand with the knife, I realized I was delirious.
I got 2 new palettes today and popped all the colors in. I just hate having to rearrange ALL the colors in the palettes to make em look organized in their color families.

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushbaby
That will be me as soon as I get my friggin pans!!

You don't need empty pans to depot...? The shadow is already in pans.

anita22

Not so much on the depotting (as I tend to depot stuff as soon as I get it), but have definitely spent some late nights rearranging the colours in my 15-pan palettes... I like to have them in colour themes, but as soon as I get new eyeshadows it messes up my themes so I have to re-organize!

X4biddenxLustX

Depotting is like crack, especially when you have a bunch of eyeshadows or blushes to depot! It's so fun. It just sucks when your all done though and realize that theres no more things to depot
ssad.gif
lol.

hello_kitty

My husband calls it "cooking crack" because of how I huddle over a candle holding the eyeshadow like some addict.

I have 8 to do... I should get on it... I like having a bunch to do at once
th_DANCE.gif

NatalieMT

I'm so sad, I like keep a little bag which I have named my depotting kit. There's like a camping knife and fork in there, bottles of surgical spirit, little screwdrivers, pliers and all my magnets. Anyone that looked in it would be like WTF weirdo.

I have like 7 shadows that need depotting at the moment, one night I'm going to be in my absolute element. I swear I get a high off having all the empty little pots and then joyously rearranging all my shadows in a new order and labelling. Oh and the B2M just gets better! I usually start depotting late at night aswell, it just seems a natural thing for me to do at midnight or something.

I obviously need help ha ha!

X4biddenxLustX

I seriously think theres something in the glue that holds the pan to the container. Like the fumes from it being heated up and melting probably gives us a "depotting high" lmfao.

leenybeeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushbaby
Hmmm I'd leave the blushes alone personally. I like the optiion of being able to carry my blusher of choice around with me.

I can't wait for the day they bring out a two pan blush palette. When I travel, I like to take one warm and one cool blush.

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by leenybeeny
I can't wait for the day they bring out a two pan blush palette. When I travel, I like to take one warm and one cool blush.

I've seen people put all there depotted eyeshadows into cd cases by sticking magnets to the bottom of the pan and on the cd case. You could probably do the same for blushes after depotting them.

leenybeeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4biddenxLustX
I've seen people put all there depotted eyeshadows into cd cases by sticking magnets to the bottom of the pan and on the cd case. You could probably do the same for blushes after depotting them.

That is a great idea!!! Thank you!!!
thmbup.gif

anita22

I'd love to depot my blushes (I have about a dozen MAC ones) but I always like to carry my blush around to touch up if needed and I don't want to carry a whole 6-pan palette. In that sense, I love the Stila blush pans as they come in singles too so I can just pop one out of my blush palette into a magnetised single. I wish MAC did the same!

Rennah

I did this the other night... I think I depotted 12 eyeshadows.

I haven't experienced the fumes... I always use alcohol to dissolve the glue rather than melt the glue with heat.

Latest posts