Depotting Lancome Eyeshadows?

makeupD0LL

So this is my first thread...hopefully I placed it in the right section. :)

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has or knows how to depot Lancome eyeshadows?

Thanks in advance.

mizuki~

I used the candle method to depot mine. First I ripped out the clear part. If I recall correctly, the black part has 2 pieces and you have to rip off the bottom before holding the part that holds the eyeshadow above the candle. Then I used the back of a tweezer to push the pan out from the hot bottom. It was really hard because the plastic is VERY thick! And just FYI, the Lancome shadows a a wee bit bigger than MACs pans so if you want to put it in MAC palettes, you kinda have to squeeze em in and they are a PAIN to take back out of the palette. good luck!

BestRx

I actually just stuck a small paring knife into a space between the pan and the black plastic and slowly popped it out. I depotted two this way...one cracked a little and the other I moved more carefully and it was just fine.

Dahlia_Rayn

I just depotted five this weekend (ahhh, my first Lancome) and I used the candle method. I removed the sticker on the bottom by getting it warm a little and using a small metal nail file to pull it off. I opened the lid and used it as a handle to hold the pot over the candle, I let it burn a hold completely through the bottom plastic (there are two layers), then I took a nut driver (any blunted tool will work) and pressed gently on the inner plastic. It should be warm and a little soft since you burned through the whole bottom layer of plastic, and three of them popped right out. The two that didn't just needed a little more time above the flame, and they popped out enough for me to get the file on the side of the pan and pry them up a bit. Be careful not to burn yourself, and I did mine on the stove so I could have the fan running, burning plastic is nasty! Also, this is all at your own risk!

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki~
I used the candle method to depot mine. First I ripped out the clear part. If I recall correctly, the black part has 2 pieces and you have to rip off the bottom before holding the part that holds the eyeshadow above the candle. Then I used the back of a tweezer to push the pan out from the hot bottom. It was really hard because the plastic is VERY thick! And just FYI, the Lancome shadows a a wee bit bigger than MACs pans so if you want to put it in MAC palettes, you kinda have to squeeze em in and they are a PAIN to take back out of the palette. good luck!

I do that exactly. Good luck!