Depotting NARS -- what palettes do you use?

allThingsGirl

Hi all,

I don't think there are many of us that depot NARS. Anyone else out there?

I just wanted to share the palettes that I use:

- Trish McEvoy Silver Luxury Compact: Fits 4 NARS singles perfectly across.
- Trish McEvoy Petite Page: Fits 3 duos (6 pans) or 3 singles pretty well.
- Trish McEvoy Deluxe Charger: Essentially two petite pages on top of each other
- MAC 15 e/s pan palette: Remove the insert and fits 12 duos (24 pans) perfectly but you'll need to either glue or put down a magnet strip
- Shu Uemura Silver Boutique Palette: Not so well..

Also, did you know you can make a duo of your own using an old compact and removing the insert and putting 2 depotted singles in there, it fits PERFECT.

Hope that helps anyone, and I'd love to know if anyone else is depotting and what palettes you guys are using -- and if you like depotting them or hate it.

th_LMAO.gif

panda0410

I depot mine too
smiles.gif
And I use the MAC 15 pan palettes! Never had to put in a magent strip, but I do make sure the metal base is firmly glued to the floor of the palette though! I have depotted most of my blushes, but I destroyed the compacts doing that - got any tips for saving my compacts??

allThingsGirl

Well, I actually destroy all my compacts too because I am super paranoid about cracking the pans so I pretty much melt them all.

This other girl that I swapped with, she would pry them out with a sharp pointy object. I think she got pretty good at it though -- and I swapped for her empty compacts. If you are brave enough to try prying, maybe with the flat iron method? I used to use candle, so, it would melt everything very unevenly.

TheClara

I also use a Z-palette for my Nars, but I only depot the single shadows and the blushes. I managed to break both the two duos I tried to depot, so I gave up on that.

EngineerBarbie

Another Z-palette user here. I've depoted NARS blushes, shadow duos, trios and singles. I'd recommend that when depoting NARS products for the Z-palette to let the bottoms cool on wax paper then put them in the palette. I didn't do that and now, uh, I've got a few NARS depots that are stuck where they are in the Zpalette.

m0rg3nst3rn

I also use a z pallette. I have one that I put my random single eyeshadows from nars, bobbi brown and ud

laa_cat

I depot all my NARS duos, blushes and singles. As much as I love the look and feel of rubberized compact, I need to put my gigantic collection into palettes. I'm using MAC palettes (with the seperator removed) to store my depotted NARS goodies. When I travel, I travel with Unii palette because it's a lot sturdier.

I made a short video on depotting NARS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lea8pcWNlPQ

ling07

Will any of you sell me your unused Nars blush compact? I wiped mine using a disinfecting wipes and it ruined it. Please let me know the price and shipping also. Thanks.

Eisleyan

I have my small NARS collection in a Unii palette. it's the most luxe and sturdy freestyle palette I've been able to find!

Latest posts