Depotting products other than eyeshadows

lovelyweapon

I just got off the phone with MAC and contrary to what I thought, the only things they offer in pro-palette form are eyeshadows and blushes. I am soon going to be purchasing a palette from another brand that pretty much allows me to attach any product that has a magnet.

Is it possible to depot things such as the Studio Finish concealer, the current mineralize skinfinishes, or sculpt/shape duos? If so, can I just use the regular freezing or heating method without affecting the product? I would appreciate any input and thanks in advance!
smiles.gif

erine1881

studio finish concealer would dry out, so i wouldn't recommend depotting it.

you CAN NOT depot the MSF. they are baked into the container. there are grooves on the bottom of the pan that keep the product in the container.

you could depot the sculpt and shapes, but they are also sold in blush-size pro pans individually thru the 800#/pro store. they fit in the blush palettes.

you can pretty much depot anything in a metal pan (studio fix, select sheer, blot, etc.). you just need to take into account the formula. cream foundations will dry out (they are specially packaged so they won't), but blushcremes (also sold in pro pans) and ccb dry out.

good luck depotting!
thmbup.gif

lovelyweapon

^^

Unfortunately when I called yesterday I asked if they offered the Sculpt/Shape Duo in pro-pan form and they said no, only blushes and eyeshadows.
ssad.gif

By "individually", did you mean the sculpt section as a whole and the shape section as another whole?

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelyweapon
^^

Unfortunately when I called yesterday I asked if they offered the Sculpt/Shape Duo in pro-pan form and they said no, only blushes and eyeshadows.
ssad.gif

By "individually", did you mean the sculpt section as a whole and the shape section as another whole?

Exactly. For example, Accentuate is sold in a full pan, and Sculpt is sold in a full pan. Both are sold in a pot, as well as just in the pan for blush pallettes.

Here are links to the MACPro.com website for more details
MAC PRO | Sculpting Powder
and
MAC PRO | Shaping Powder

lovelyweapon

lol.

Thank you guys so much for the help. I'm really putting my creative skills to the test since I bought that palette. I've heard something about removing the divider in MAC palettes but am too afraid to try it. Now, I'm just trying to depot everything and put it in the new palette! lol Going crazy over here

trollydolly

i thought id add a question of mine to this thread. so if i wanted to depot one of my fafi ipp and put a face powder in like blot powder or select sheer, how would i depot without damaging the packaging??