Depotting Shu Uemura - what compacts fit the depotted shadows?

ratmist

Help me out Shu Uemura fans. I'm really getting into Shu and there's finally a counter in my town. I heard somewhere that if you take the plastic insert out of the MAC 4 pan palettes you can fit the depotted Shu shadows in. Can anyone confirm? Or am I doomed to buy the super-expensive empty Shu palettes?

ratmist

Quote:
Originally Posted by concertina
Yep! The plastic insert just pops right out! Koren has a 'tut' on YouTube for it if you're nervous. But honestly, its so rediculously easy to pop that sucker out!

I have an empty 4 pan palette coming in a few days in the post and I can't wait to try this out on my Shu Uemura shadows. I'm going on holiday for a few weeks and I'm travelling by train, so I can't haul all my makeup around with me. Also, some of those Shu shadows don't close properly and I don't want to risk them getting damaged!

It's the geek in me that likes fiddling with stuff and playing around with gadgets.
smiles.gif

okeedokeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmist
I have an empty 4 pan palette coming in a few days in the post and I can't wait to try this out on my Shu Uemura shadows.

How did it work out? How many Shu shadows were you able to fit in there, and how much wobble room do they have?

ratmist

Quote:
Originally Posted by okeedokeee
How did it work out? How many Shu shadows were you able to fit in there, and how much wobble room do they have?

Four, and there's a lot of wobble room. It's not bad if you use sticky tack on the back of the shadows but I'm not pleased with the result. I'm saving up for a proper Shu compact.