Derm Appointment

kimmae17

ok i am freaking out. I went to the dermatologist two weeks ago becuase my skin was freaking out. in addition to looking at my face he did a full body check for abnormal freckles and all that. he removed a freckle on my back that he said looked a little darker than normal, and sent it away to be examined. I just got a phone call from his office that he wants me to come INTO the office to discuss the results. but then they said the next available appointment isnt until nov 18? I am confused, I mean if i have to go in it cant be good right? but if its bad why am i waiting two weeks? they wouldnt tell me anything over the phone. how am i supposed to wait 2 weeks?!

MsChrys79

Don't worry! Doctors of any kind will tell you to come into the office to talk about your results because they aren't allowed to tell you over the phone. they do that so they can verify it's you that they're really speaking too...HTH!

xxManBeaterxx

If it was an emergency they would have brought you in asap. Yeah, sometimes they do not like to discuss results over the phone because of confidentiality, but maybe you can call them up and ask if the results were good or bad that way it will put your mind to rest.

aleksis210

If you go back and it was benign, the doctor just wants you to pay for the visit(unless it's covered by ins.)...you need to be very careful with derms they are money grubbing whores.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleksis210
If you go back and it was benign, the doctor just wants you to pay for the visit(unless it's covered by ins.)...you need to be very careful with derms they are money grubbing whores.

Tell us how you really feel about them
th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif

*KT*

If it was an emergency situation, he'd get you in sooner. Just about every doctor's schedule template has slots that are left open for emergency consults, etc.

He might want to discuss having you return yearly as a preventative measure if you're prone to moles/freckles and stress the importance of being aware of any changes in color or shape of the ones you have. If you're self-pay for all of this, you can always call and ask how much the appointment will cost (follow-up or standard office visit) and insist for your results verbally.

pink_lily002

Most doctors prefer to discuss biopsy results, whether normal or abnormal, in-person. I agree with others that if it was something to be concerned about, they likely would be getting you in sooner. Also, at an in-person visit, they can talk to you more in-depth about what to look out for, changes, etc. in your freckles or moles that could be a sign of a problem.

aleksis210

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KT*
If it was an emergency situation, he'd get you in sooner. Just about every doctor's schedule template has slots that are left open for emergency consults, etc.

He might want to discuss having you return yearly as a preventative measure if you're prone to moles/freckles and stress the importance of being aware of any changes in color or shape of the ones you have. If you're self-pay for all of this, you can always call and ask how much the appointment will cost (follow-up or standard office visit) and insist for your results verbally.

absolutely!

kimmae17

i called to explain that i would really like to know the results now and not in three weeks. and the nurse said that the doctor never makes phone calls, and to find out the results i HAVE to go in person for an appointment. i guess I am going to have to check with my insurance company to see if a second appointment this soon is covered. I am getting quite annoyed with the whole thing.