Desperate Stage Makeup Help Needed!

Lia

Please please helpe me..........I'm having so much trouble with my stage makeup and I don't know what to do. I started off using Face & Body, Studio Finish, Studio Fix & Blot then changed over to Studio Fix Fluid, Select Cover Up, Studio Fix & Blot.

Unfortunately my foundation base looks uneven after a little while and when I try to fix it up it cakes on my cheekbones which then looks a shade darker then the rest of my foundation base. Then along the top of my hairline and under my eyes will lighten up. It's not a good look up close but on stage it's looks okay.

I've had it done by a MAC MA and it was perfect, I've even taken classes in a group environment and then a one on one. So I know it's not the makeup products it has to be my makeup application. I have one more bodybuilding competition coming up and I don't want to go through any more money or disappointment if I can avoid it again.

Any suggestions at this point in time would be appreciated as I have no idea what I'm supposedly doing wrong.

ssad.gif

maxcat

It's probably the studio fix powder that is screwing you up. It doesn't play well with other products and it has a tendancy to oxidate (change color) in certain conditions... I still occasionally have to use it for TV but I put it on in a thin layer with a brush. What are you using it for? can you go without it?

Lia

Oh okay, now that makes sense as it was the only product I was touching up with on the day. What about using Full Coverage or Studio Tech, have you had experience with either of those?

I used it for touch ups and yes I can afford not to use it after the original application opting for blot instead to remove any facial shine.

maxcat

It's Fix's big downfall - once you've got it on you can't use it to touch up.
Tech Vs. Full Coverage... I prefer Full Coverage but that's because I've got to camoflage a lot of nasties on-the-fly. Tech doesn't give the same coverage. But Tech is a bit "dryer" because it has a water base - you have to use more blot with full coverage to keep the klieg lights from flaring on your forehead. So - it depends how much coverage you want.
Also - are you using loose blot or pressed blot? Try using it loose with huge powder brush.

Lia

I'm currently have the MAC Blot/Pressed. Just curious, is it just your personal preference to use MAC Blot/Loose or is it the better of the two products and if so why if you don't mind my asking?
smiles.gif