despression during pregnancy.

xmrsvindieselx

Hi all,

So I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, but I don't really have anyone to talk to.

I feel like lately I've been so depressed. I lost my job 2 weeks ago ( and no one wants to hire me 8 months pregnant. I know its illegal,, but I'm sure they will use another excuse), and that hasn't helped at all. Since I got pregnant, I've been nothing but upset all the time, and I cry every night. I'm so worried that I won't be able to afford anything for the baby. I just don't know what to do anymore. The baby's father is NOT and will NOT be apart of the baby's life ( since he threatened to kil us) and I am feel like I'm losing it.

I just moved to Jacksonville from NY, so I have no friends to talk to either, which is why I hope my fellow specktra ladies & gents can help. Have you gone through this? Any ideas on how I can help overcome this feeling?

Meisje

Do you have friends and family members you could schedule phone dates with? That will definitely ease the feeling of loneliness, and give you contact to look forward to.

You need to consult with a doctor to see if there's something they can do for you. In the meantime, you need to make sure you get enough sleep and exercise, eat properly and stay hydrated. Sometimes depression can make you forget to take care of yourself, which can make you feel even worse.

Simply Elegant

Is there any way you can make him pay without him knowing where you live? Even if you don't have friends there yet, could you go to a breathing/relaxation class and meet other moms? Or staying in contact with your old friends would help too.Be positive, your baby will sense there is something wrong.

2browneyes

First off, I wanna say that I am sorry you're going thru this depression. Having a baby takes a toll on your emotions/ hormones and is enough of a roller coaster ride without the added stress of financial instability and a lunatic BF. I think the other suggestions are good tho....seek out family, try to find support groups (must be plenty out there) and call your state's family court. Your BF can still pay child support without having to know where you and the baby are. My son's father has yet to know our home address. We meet in a public place when he decides to pick him up.
I don't know if you're very religious, but the best thing that has worked for me in all of my drama is PRAYER! Talking to your doctor about your feelings will help.... Stress for you= stress for your baby= no good. I really hope it gets better for you...really.

joanbrent

I'm sorry you to know you are going through all this. I would look for pregnancy support groups there are many out there for various ages. And talk to your doctor he can offer you some counseling references for yourself or meds if needed

xmrsvindieselx

Thank you all for your great suggestions. I feel like it has just been so hard for me, and all of my friends have shown their true colors once I moved, and basically ignore my phone calls and everything. I found a mother/mother to be group here, but I just joined the other day, so I hope that will help. I'm going to speak to my doctor about it at the next appointment, hopefully she can help too. Thank you all so much again.

Girl about town

Hi im so sorry your having a hard time, pregnancy is a really emotional time never mind lots of personal issues going on. Can you join an ante natal class or group and maybe meet other pregnant women in your area. It will be hard to get a job at 8 months pregnant but once you have baby it shouldn't be problem so just to to keep going until then. Babies aren't as expensive as you think, there are a lot of things you don't really need. I hope things get better for you. xxxxxx

Latest posts