Detrivore Cosmetics

daphneM

I just want to recommend a new MMU maker whom I think is fabulous. Her line is called Detrivore Cosmetics.

From Detrivore, you can get over 30 colors of eyeshadow, most of which are very rich, saturated tones, and all have great color payoff. She also sells a primer that I like even better than UDPP. It takes a bit of a learning curve to use it just right, but when you apply it nicely, it's brilliant.

On her website, you can get 5g jars for just $5 per color. These jars are FULL TO THE BRIM. The one downside is she does not care for sifters, so the jars do not have them and thus you have to be very, very careful because you will make a lot of mess. I recommend getting sifters. You can also get generous sample baggies for $1. I honestly think these bags easily contain 1/4 teaspoon.

But the secret is that you can actually get the 5g full jars of eyeshadow in the Detrivore eBay store for only $3, with free shipping. $5 for these is a pretty good deal, but $3 is an unheard-of steal. Again, these eyeshadows are great - beautiful colors, great payoff.

I currently have over a dozen colors between my sample baggies and my five 5g jars. I haven't taken swatch photos yet, but I'm happy to do so, especially if members on here are interested. Definitely check it out!

daphneM

Oh, two more things:

I said over 30 colors because this seller has probably close to a dozen shades that are available in her eBay store that haven't yet been released on the website. I hope she'll update soon!

Also, you'll notice that these shadows are described as "glitter" in the eBay descriptions. Honestly, I don't find that's an accurate statement; they are not glitter at all (like, say, MAC Reflects Glitter). They have the same sheen as your typical mineral makeup, not too different from, say, a MAC veluxe pearl eyeshadow.

Flowitu

Hi, here. I'm more interested in their eye primer-it's unlike anything I've seen before! Do they last a good 10 hours or so. I have oily lids and I bought one from Silk naturals, but it creased on me under four hours.. Please tell me how Detrivore's primer compares to UDPP and how to properly use it. thanks
smiles.gif

daphneM

I don't know if it would be ideal for oily lids. Mine are dry. It is creamy, and doesn't completely dry. It stays just the tiniest bit tacky. Because of this, it's *great* for grabbing shadows and staying power, but you have to use the tiniest amount and spread it quite thin over your lid, or else you will get patchiness and possible creasing. Once I mastered the application, though, it's brilliant. Lasts all day, and doesn't make my lids feel tight and shriveled like UDPP does (which is the only thing I disliked about that product).

Flowitu

Hi, Daphne. I've got my primer and a free sample - beetle. Her pigment seemed to be original and go on nicely, which I like. (I dislike buying from re-sellers for the same damn thing)

Her primer is creamy and I only need little. The only complaint of this is that it does not stay long enough. Sometime I get it right, sometime it started creasing quickly (at inner corner of my eyes, folded part) The max staying time is 6 hrs (before I took it off) on my RIGHT eye. My left started creasing around 5. Overall, for big jar size, good product and natural-as-possible ingredients. NOT bad! It does grab colors well and I went to Sephora thinking whether I should buy UDPP for over 20 bucks, I said NAH! (I'm intl) I've tried some natural ingredient based primer and they don't fare as well, some suck.

Her communication, however, is questionable. The first two times she answered me within few days and my third went unanswered for a week business day now..

Thanks for your suggestion and if you could give me some advice on how to apply it right, do say so!

IDontKnowMomo

I own all of the colors and I love them all. I use them wet because if I don't the color seems to fade by the end of the day. I also got the primer for free, I didn't really like it though.