Devastated: my Perfect Topping MSF has Shattered.

Funtabulous

I can't believe it. I was doing my makeup for this evening (9 year anniversary with my bf!) and as I put down PT it slid off of the unstable pile of makeup I had going on on my makeup shelf, fell to the ground, and shattered. It fell face-first onto the clear plastic dome, which popped right out of the black casing and dug a huge chunk out of the dome of the product. There are still pieces all over my floor; I don't have the heart to pick it up just yet.

I was this close to buying the product originally when it came out with Sugar Sweet, but decided against it to save money. I regretted it ever since and just last month I bought one off AllCosmeticsWholesale. I posted about how happy I was with it in the Sugar Sweet thread. It became my ultimate favourite highlighting powder.

Sure, I can still use it, but the magic is gone now. I really think I am going to place another order off the site.

...and it's sold out. F**K!!!

Sorry, just had to vent. I figure some of you will understand.

Oops, posted this in the wrong forum! Can a mod move it to mac chat? Sorry!

GlamQueen21

Oh no!! So sorry about your Perfect Topping! Hopefully that someone has it for sale in the Clearance Bin. Also, ACW has a tendency of having Perfect Topping available again so keep checking back on that site until you see it on there again. :support:

Fiberluver

Oh Fun,

So sorry to hear about your PT msf. Man, if mine broke I'd be ticked too!

I remember when I dropped my studio fix powder and it shattered all over the place.

At least that was easy to replace.

Perhaps someone can cp it for you?? if they are near a cco?

LMD84

dont worry, Susanne will move this to mac chat for you :)

i'm sorry your perfect topping has shattered :( at leats it's not a super rare msf so you should be able to find another one if you can afford to.

Funtabulous

Thanks guys.

Good to know they occasionally restock the item, I'll definitely keep my eye out for it. I feel a bit silly buying a new one because technically mine is still functional, just not as pretty. I would frequently take it out to admire, even when not using it. I guess that sounds silly!

martiangurll

You can probably buy these from the Clearance Bin or get them at your CCO---mine was chock full of them. HTH

Funtabulous

I don't think I have a CCO anywhere near me, or else I'd practically live there, believe me.

Is there some kind of master list of CCOs?

TeresitaMC

Yes!

http://www.outletbound.com/cgi-bin/stores_by_name.cgi?StoreName=Cosmetics%20Company%20/%20Estee%20Lauder

hello_kitty

Aww, sorry to hear :( I had the same thing happen to my Perfect Topping, but luckily I was able to find a replacement at a CCO (got the last one at the store). I even sold off the shattered one for $10 I think. A lot of mine spilled out on the bathroom floor and got mushed into the grout between the tile. I bet some of it is still there!

Makes me wish I had carpet in the bathroom sometimes... so I wouldn't have to worry about makeup accidents!

Good luck finding a new one :)

katiekatxoxo

that sucks.. I love my perfect topping.. I havent seen one with too little veining0 it's always gorgeous.. I'm sure you'll be able to get one for a good price though... good luck with your search!

User38

crap.. that's the one thing I truly hate about MSFs.. they crack and break like fine china.

martiangurll

Hmmm. I don't know if they ship to Canada, but it could be worthwhile to check. If you would like I can get you the number to the CCO in Colorado Springs. They have quite a few Perfect Topping MSF left and if they ship, it would probably be less expensive than buying one from e-bay. If not, and you really want one, I can snag one the next time I go shop there. It may be a few weeks before I go again, but I can CP for you.

adruci

FIX IT!!!
When I worked at MAC (back in the day) we would tell people that you can add water, reform and it will dry hard and ready to use!
You have to be very gentle with the reformed product - it's much more delicate (and not quite as good as new) but at least you don't have to throw away your fav MSF!
I've done it myself and can vouch that it works!!
Good luck repairing!
xo
I can't believe it. I was doing my makeup for this evening (9 year anniversary with my bf!) and as I put down PT it slid off of the unstable pile of makeup I had going on on my makeup shelf, fell to the ground, and shattered. It fell face-first onto the clear plastic dome, which popped right out of the black casing and dug a huge chunk out of the dome of the product. There are still pieces all over my floor; I don't have the heart to pick it up just yet.

I was this close to buying the product originally when it came out with Sugar Sweet, but decided against it to save money. I regretted it ever since and just last month I bought one off AllCosmeticsWholesale. I posted about how happy I was with it in the Sugar Sweet thread. It became my ultimate favourite highlighting powder.

Sure, I can still use it, but the magic is gone now. I really think I am going to place another order off the site.

...and it's sold out. F**K!!!

Sorry, just had to vent. I figure some of you will understand.

Oops, posted this in the wrong forum! Can a mod move it to mac chat? Sorry!

Amber714

Oh no!!! That's terrible:-( I love my PT MSF and would also be heart broken if anything happen to it. That's great to hear you might be able to fix it though

vanilla_addict

oh dear!! i feel for you and so sorry that happens :(
it happened with me last month when i was getting ready to meet my guests, oh dear my fav. MSF and most loved one "by candlelight" broke or rather shattered! because i was clumsy enough to carry it while i was trying to left a huge box from the ground!!
also my friend dropped her PT a few months back and i managed to get her a replacement via the same site you mentioned. Now i am awaiting my new by candlelight in a swap :) fingers crossed it will arrive safe!

lilysaville

Aww, that sucks! Good to know that there are ways of fixing it though... I have 4 MSFs in the mail to me, now I'm imagining them arriving all shattered haha
shockt.gif

VDUB*BELLA

Been there done that :( (see sig)

Keep checking the clearance bin someone is sure to be selling sooner or later

Latest posts