Developing Good Habits and Losing some lbs.

calliestar

Hello! I decided to start a fitness journal because I've been struggling with my weight my whole life and have recently really started trying to buckle down and get healthy. I've done pretty well but I just started senior year of high school and I don't have as much time and have been falling into some bad habits again. I went off of soda for a good portion of last year and started getting at least 64 oz of water a day. Well, Dr. Pepper is my stress reliever, and it's now gotten to be a big part of my diet again. I've decided that I'm going to have to go off of it again permanently and start drinking tea and water. The main reason I want to start a journal here is because I know you guys will be supportive AND I think it will help me SO much to know that I have to log on every night and fess up if I had a bad eating day.

So anyway, this time last year I weighed 175-180ish and wore a size 16. Right now I weigh 150-155 and wear a size 12. I am 5'2, and 17 years old. I would like to be down to 130 and a size 8-10 by this time next year, when I will be starting college. I know it's a very attainable goal, and I want to reach it by changing my lifestyle. I exercise moderately, but not near regularly enough.

And on to my first "entry"
greengrin.gif

September 7, 2006 - I didn't eat breakfast. BAD ME! I had a midmorning snack to make up for my lack of breakfast. And then a school lunch...they were serving tacos today. A little on the greasy side. For supper I had fishsticks, baked fries, and cauliflower because that's what my mom cooked. This evening I made some sweet tea so that I wouldn't drink as much dr. pepper. I had a snack that consisted of a piece of whole wheat bread with some peanut butter. Ok, ok, today was a horrible day as far as nutrition goes. I know that tacos and fishsticks are TERRIBLE because the tacos are greasy and the fishsticks are not only greasy, but also battered and fried. It isn't usually this bad. I think that the badness of today is what motivated me to start this...I need to be honest with myself! Oh, and I had 1 Dr. Pepper. Which is pretty good for me! That's pretty much the only thing that went right...lol. I also did about 20 minutes of pilates and I'm about to do a bit of free-weight training.

kaliraksha

Awesome! I'm glad you started this. I had to drop sodas cold turkey... and I haven't had one in 3 yrs... it just worked for me to not even take a sip. You should be so proud of your current weight loss and keep it up!

Latest posts