Did anyone hear of these Ebay sellers?? Please read..help

trob708

Hello everyone. I am new on here. It is taking me awhile to get the hang of this website. Before I say the importance of this thread, I saw the post about trusted ebay sellers and mua sellers.Because that thread is super long,I cannot get pass 3 pages.To speed up the process,I decided to start a new thread.You know, to cut right to the chase.

I am interested in buying Mac Surf the Ocean metallic pigments.Because I received fake items from ebay in the past,which caused me to be very leery and lead me to be paranoid and unable to trust anyone.Im not going to continue on with this because I am sure you all experienced the horror of buying from only your trusted and repeated sellers, or top rated sellers,but to find out they all sent you fake Mac items at one point. Like I said I am interested in buying Surf the Ocean. Sellers, such as mahans7, laurelbeauty10, makeup4u2010, beautyandglam4less, buyyugiohonline have that item, but I dont know who to trust.I've bought items before from buyyugiohonline but since she has a picture of only two crushed pigments and no box I am skeptical about her. So tell me what do you think about these sellers? Have you ever dealt with one of them? Who can be trusted? Thank you for your time.

buyyugiohonline:http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAC-CRUSHED-METALLIC-PIGMENT-SURF-OCEAN-NWOB-6g-/190618339066?_trksid=p4340.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC.NPJS%26its%3DI%252BC%26itu%3DUA%26otn%3D5%26pmod%3D260893447736%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D5647942467845850921#ht_1960wt_936

laurelbeauty10:http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAC-Crushed-Metallic-Pigment-Surf-Ocean-/260923577519?_trksid=p4340.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC.NPJS%26its%3DI%252BC%26itu%3DUA%26otn%3D5%26pmod%3D260893447736%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D5647998322189987164#ht_500wt_717

makeup4u2010:http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAC-Surf-Baby-Crushed-Metallic-Pigment-SURF-OCEAN-/190542048545?_trksid=p4340.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC.NPJS%26its%3DI%252BC%26itu%3DUA%26otn%3D5%26pmod%3D260893447736%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D5648007696631260498#ht_500wt_951

beautyandglam4less:http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAC-Surf-Ocean-Crushed-Metallic-Pigment-Stack-Limited-Edition-/190626813691?_trksid=p4340.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC.NPJS%26its%3DI%252BC%26itu%3DUA%26otn%3D5%26pmod%3D260893447736%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D5648019436922047506#ht_573wt_936

mahans7:http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAC-Surf-Ocean-Crushed-Metallic-Pigment-Surf-Baby-/230731362667?_trksid=p4340.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC.NPJS%26its%3DI%252BC%26itu%3DUA%26otn%3D5%26pmod%3D260893447736%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D5648036370768706775#ht_760wt_702

BlahWah

Don't know how much I can help but as someone who has bought a lot of MAC from eBay in the past, I usually go with sellers who have taken pictures of the product rather than using stock photos and if possible, ask for pictures of the box(es) and labels at the bottom of the item(s). I also check their latest feedback and the types of items they've recently sold; I feel better if they're similar to mine and the buyers had positive experiences.

If you're not sure about what the auction includes, email the seller and ask them to clarify. Be specific; don't just ask "Is what's in the picture what you're selling?", but "The stack mentioned in the title comes with 4 pots but the listing picture shows only two. Is the whole stack of 4 pots being sold, and if so, would you kindly send a picture of the 4 pots?".

All that being said, you might be able to swap for samples on here on Make Up Alley, or there might be some on sale here. Members are more trustworthy and you most likely won't need the whole pot of each pigment anyway so you can save $$ towards a future collection.

Good luck!

nikkimichelle

ive bought stuff in the past from buyyugiohonline and no problems....
heres just a little of my two cents when it comes to ebay sellers/buying mac...first and foremost- look at their rating - top rated sellers usually are trustworthy..it took them a while to earn that status and it means they are serious in supplying their customers with grade A products/authentic ones...
also...check out feedback..see if others purchased some of the same products or products in the same category (ex- lipsticks, blush) ect....and see what they say...its a tad bit time consuming but research always benefits
also another bit of advice - sellers who dont put up pictures of the item - or maybe use the promo pic/a generic photo of the product - be weary of...i like to see a few pictures of the product - especially the label - like bottom of an e/s or lipstick...
finally....items from mac that were REALLY popular...like hello kitty , style warriors, ect...are the most at risk items of being faked...and if an item seems to good to be true - like reallyyyy cheap - it probably is.
oh...and always go through paypal - even if you dont have an account - use the "pay as guest" option...
i know its daunting...but really...they are some wonderful sellers who do provide amazing products that are real...so good luck in buying.and hope that helps a little.
mac_addict.gif

martiangurll

Good advice about buying from sellers, looking at the photos and batch numbers, etc. Many sellers have a no return policy on make up, but they should be willing to advise where they bought the product, be willing to answer questions about batch numbers or take photos for you. If they get defensive about those types of questions, then that should be a red flag. Seeing if the batch numbers are same as batch numbers in swatches you know are the real thing helps too.

Just like good treasury agents know how to spot counterfeit dollars, because they study the real ones--you have to study the real thing from MAC to spot it from the fake. The best is to really study the real thing if possible, or photos from what you know are genuine products, and compare to the photo on the ebay. It actually becomes pretty easy to spot the fakes that way.

chihullomac

Good advice about buying from sellers, looking at the photos and batch numbers, etc. Many sellers have a no return policy on make up, but they should be willing to advise where they bought the product, be willing to answer questions about batch numbers or take photos for you. If they get defensive about those types of questions, then that should be a red flag. Seeing if the batch numbers are same as batch numbers in swatches you know are the real thing helps too.

Just like good treasury agents know how to spot counterfeit dollars, because they study the real ones--you have to study the real thing from MAC to spot it from the fake. The best is to really study the real thing if possible, or photos from what you know are genuine products, and compare to the photo on the ebay. It actually becomes pretty easy to spot the fakes that way.
True...thanks for the info...very helpful!!!

chihullomac

heres just a little of my two cents when it comes to ebay sellers/buying mac...first and foremost- look at their rating - top rated sellers usually are trustworthy..it took them a while to earn that status and it means they are serious in supplying their customers with grade A products/authentic ones...
also...check out feedback..see if others purchased some of the same products or products in the same category (ex- lipsticks, blush) ect....and see what they say...its a tad bit time consuming but research always benefits
also another bit of advice - sellers who dont put up pictures of the item - or maybe use the promo pic/a generic photo of the product - be weary of...i like to see a few pictures of the product - especially the label - like bottom of an e/s or lipstick...
finally....items from mac that were REALLY popular...like hello kitty , style warriors, ect...are the most at risk items of being faked...and if an item seems to good to be true - like reallyyyy cheap - it probably is.
oh...and always go through paypal - even if you dont have an account - use the "pay as guest" option...
i know its daunting...but really...they are some wonderful sellers who do provide amazing products that are real...so good luck in buying.and hope that helps a little.
mac_addict.gif
As an ebayer...my first and only consideration is to check the sellers rating and i only buy products in the U.S. I have bought what i thought was an MAC mascara and it was awesome but come to find out not a MAC item...live & learn

bluestar

As an ebayer...my first and only consideration is to check the sellers rating and i only buy products in the U.S. I have bought what i thought was an MAC mascara and it was awesome but come to find out not a MAC item...live & learn
I actually think Canadians are the least likely to have any fake products. After all, MAC was founded in Toronto... They have a lot of distribution centers there...

KMQE716

Well i thought that too, until one day i went looking for the Cool Heat Eyeshadows and i got 3, two from one seller and one from another and they all 3 were FAKE :(

The 2 in particular came from a "malibubarbieandfriends" and she had almost 4K amount of feedback.

Idk where exactly people get their shipments or stuff from but they should examine all of it before selling it.

That made me sad that day because i really was hoping to have those shadows again!

bluestar

I've never bought from "malibubarbieandfriends" so I can't comment on your experience. Also, don't be fooled by low prices - if it's too good to be true, it usually is.