Did I Buy Counterfeit MAC?

Bella Mac

This may not be the right place for this but, I've never posted a thread before. I bought Daft Pink mineralize blush from a girl. I noticed that the name "Daft Pink" was printed on the top of the box...I thought there was usually a sticker with the name. I don't have a lot of MAC so, I'm not really sure. Do any of you have the mineralized blushes still in the box? Is there a sticker or is the name printed on the box? I would appreciate any help. Thanks!!!

saizine

I don't think that this is the correct forum (I believe that there is a sub-forum for identifying counterfeit MAC products) but I do know that with my Moon River mineralized blush (bought from a CCO) has a sticker on the top of the box with the name.

angi

Daft pink came out with the colour craft collection in 2009 - we started to see the printed rather than sticker labels come through the collection before (naked honey), but there was a mix of printing/ stickering for quite a while. I would say that it is perfectly possible that your blush is genuine with a printed name. It would be good to hear from someone who brought a blush from this collection to confirm - as I passed on these.

Bella Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by angi
Daft pink came out with the colour craft collection in 2009 - we started to see the printed rather than sticker labels come through the collection before (naked honey), but there was a mix of printing/ stickering for quite a while. I would say that it is perfectly possible that your blush is genuine with a printed name. It would be good to hear from someone who brought a blush from this collection to confirm - as I passed on these.

Thanks! I looked on E-bay at a few that were guaranteed authentic and the name seems to be printed on the box so, I feel better.

PinkBasset

I have couple of blushes from Colour Craft and the names are printed on the box, so don't worry!
smiles.gif
Like angi said, last year Mac gave up the stickers and now prints the names straight to the boxes.

chickatthegym

Quote:
Originally Posted by saizine
I don't think that this is the correct forum (I believe that there is a sub-forum for identifying counterfeit MAC products) but I do know that with my Moon River mineralized blush (bought from a CCO) has a sticker on the top of the box with the name.

Sounds like it's legit... I don't think Mineral Blushes are faked very often (but that doesn't mean that they aren't, just not as much as pigments and shadows). As the others said, MAC started printing the names on right on the boxes in early 2009
smiles.gif

svetkey2

i wasnt even aware that they were faking mineralized products now...i have seen some of the mes shadows they fake but they look nothing like real ones color wise.

marusia

Daft pink comes printed on the box. I've had three and they were all like that. I had a customer think that a blacktrack fluidline I sold her was fake because the barcode was printed on the box. Since I bought it straight from MacPro, I knew it was real. It's just what MAC is starting to do.
smiles.gif

Kirsty

The new lipglasses from the Dare to Wear collection, have name stickers on them just to add to the confusion
th_dunno.gif