Did I get scammed?

ImMACnificent

I wanted to order some china glaze holographic nail polishes as I couldn't find them in my local Sally Beauty.

I found a website called Beauty Xperts Home Page and ordered DV8 and OMG nail polishes on New Years Eve.

They charged my credit card almost immediately, coming to about 12 dollars.

I received an email notification with a receipt right after my order was placed, but nothing since. There is a place on the website where you put in a confirmation code to see the status of your order and it has still not shipped. There is no email or anything on my receipt that says they are out of stock.

I have emailed the company twice in the last week about my order, no response. I finally called their customer service line today, I got an automatic message "we aren't available" and then it just hangs up (very generic, no name of the company or anything)!!! I finally got an answer earlier and some lady with a very strange accent answered and said the owner was out and would call me right back and took my name and number. That was almost 6 hours ago, no call back and I am now getting the answering machine.

At this point, I just want them to refund my money and I would prefer to get these nailpolishes on head2toe.com or somewhere else.

I just don't know what to do. I tried looking into filing a complaint on better business bureau and when I try to search their company, I don't get anything. So how do you do this if their business is not found? They won't respond to my emails or phone calls. NOW what?! Has anyone ever heard of this site?
What should I do now?!?!

I have NEVER had a company charge you and not send your items TWO WEEKS later. And now I feel like Im being avoided completely. I cant even leave a voicemail or a message, their machine hangs up and they wont respond to my emails.

gildedangel

Try to contact them again and straight up ask for a full refund. If they don't give it to you in 24 hours, file a claim. If you paid through Paypal, file a claim through them, otherwise file a claim through your credit card company. I hope that you get your money back!
th_hug.gif

obscuria

Like the above poster, I believe your best option would be to contact paypal or your credit card company and explain to them the problem and that you have not received the items that they charged you for.

JENJ5001

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImMACnificent
I wanted to order some china glaze holographic nail polishes as I couldn't find them in my local Sally Beauty.

I found a website called Beauty Xperts Home Page and ordered DV8 and OMG nail polishes on New Years Eve.

I received an email notification with a receipt right after my order was placed, but nothing since. There is a place on the website where you put in a confirmation code to see the status of your order and it has still not shipped. There is no email or anything on my receipt that says they are out of stock.

I have emailed the company twice in the last week about my order, no response. I finally called their customer service line today, I got an automatic message "we aren't available" and then it just hangs up (very generic, no name of the company or anything)!!! I finally got an answer earlier and some lady with a very strange accent answered and said the owner was out and would call me right back and took my name and number. That was almost 6 hours ago, no call back and I am now getting the answering machine.

At this point, I just want them to refund my money and I would prefer to get these nailpolishes on head2toe.com or somewhere else.

I just don't know what to do. I tried looking into filing a complaint on better business bureau and when I try to search their company, I don't get anything. So how do you do this if their business is not found? They won't respond to my emails or phone calls. NOW what?! Has anyone ever heard of this site?
What should I do now?!?!

I have NEVER had a company charge you and not send your items TWO WEEKS later. And now I feel like Im being avoided completely. I cant even leave a voicemail or a message, their machine hangs up and they wont respond to my emails.

There must be something you can do. Did you try to contact your credit/ or debit card company? sometimes they can help you... even to take a charge off that is proven fraudulent.

JENJ5001

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImMACnificent

What should I do now?!?!

Also, I wanted to ask. when you checked out did you notice the lock in the right hand corner that insures the website is secure.

I ordered some hairspray off of beautymart and when it didn't come for a month. I kept trying to call their customer service with the same results that you had. Mostly i would get an answering machine...but one time i got a live person who took my name and number and said someone would get back to me. After 3 months I forgot about it and then out of the blue I got an email saying there were unable to send and that they credited back my credit card (which they actually did0

LMD84

i would try calling the company again. if they don't answer or won't speak to you either file a claim with paypal or contact your credit card company and get your money back. even though it's only $12 of products there is no need for such crappy service!

roLLerGrrL

ImMACnificent, I realise this thread is a couple of months old but I'm curious. What ended up happening? Did you get your products, or a refund?

12 days is a long time to wait for products these days. Most companies (and even eBay sellers) post ASAP, but of course not all companies are Customer Service oriented & are tardy in communication & post. 2 weeks waiting should be a thing of the past in 2010!

ruthless

FYI I read on a few nail blogs that this website (and it's twins) are indeed scams. They will charge your credit card and you will never see one single item

Latest posts