did you order from makeup.com?

thelilprincess

wondering how it went. i read over at MUA that someone received makeup with a department store sticker on it and product looked used.

i thought you aren't suppose to sell used makeup. the site looks legit, but i've never ordered from them.

how has your products looked?

kblakes

My lipsticks, lipglasses, blot powder, eyeshadow, and fluidline looked fine. My blushcreme look like it had a mark on the top almost like a fingerprint. I wiped off the top and called it good though.

astronaut

... oh no! I just ordered from them! I was thinking something was fishy because of the lower prices + 1/2 off prices !!

MACisME

have u gotten ur package yet? the tracking number they gave me didnt work.. ahh gawd i hope this is legit.

AppleDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACisME
have u gotten ur package yet? the tracking number they gave me didnt work.. ahh gawd i hope this is legit.

It takes a couple days for the tracking number to work.

I have received some of my order and the products look just fine.

AppleDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelilprincess
wondering how it went. i read over at MUA that someone received makeup with a department store sticker on it and product looked used.

i thought you aren't suppose to sell used makeup. the site looks legit, but i've never ordered from them.

how has your products looked?

I have seen items @ the CCOs with Nordstrom stickers on them.

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleDiva
I have seen items @ the CCOs with Nordstrom stickers on them.

WHY?! I thought they're supposed to throw everything returned away!

AppleDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
WHY?! I thought they're supposed to throw everything returned away!

Having the Nordstrom tag does NOT mean the item is used. (If that is what you are asking
hmm.gif
)

Rushch6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACisME

I just placed an order through them this morning. I think they are legit because I went through Lucky Magazine to place the order. I don't think they would sponser/ attach their name to something that isn't legit.

thelilprincess

sorry, i didn't mean to freak people out. i had a bunch of stuff in my cart, but when i went to check out, some were sold out already....then i went on another board and read that someone's stuff looked used.

i just did my first purchase of "used" blush from a specktrette, b/c i figured i could sanitize it with alcohol. but lipglasses - i'm just too chicken to buy it used. and i had quite a few lippies in my makeup.com cart. i just assumed when you buy makeup from a company online, that they'd be selling new makeup, not possible used ones.

astronaut

Quote:
Having the Nordstrom tag does mean the item is used. (If that is what you are asking
hmm.gif
)

Yeah but everyone has said on this board that every MAC item returned even if it is used or not, gets thrown away so I don't see why they would ever see the light of day again. Unless... this is what they really do to the returns once the returns get shipped back... Damn... I ordered a shit load of lippies and glosses!!!

oh yeah, can you show me the page where the person said her stuff looked used? Are there pictures?

hunnybun

i don't think it's used. they would definitely have to clearly disclose that and i think it'd be a total health code violation.

but i know that a lot of the stuff is really old -- like left over department store stuff that never got sold. for example, some of the benefit stuff they have right now was from a le line that was released and then discontinued a few years back.

that being said, everything i've received so far looks fine to me.

claresauntie

Quote:
Yeah but everyone has said on this board that every MAC item returned even if it is used or not, gets thrown away so I don't see why they would ever see the light of day again. Unless... this is what they really do to the returns once the returns get shipped back... Damn... I ordered a shit load of lippies and glosses!!!

oh yeah, can you show me the page where the person said her stuff looked used? Are there pictures?

Sometimes I tag stuff at work and the customer decides she doesn't want it while I'm ringing it up. In those cases, back to the shelf it goes.

If someone returns a powder product and the hetchmarks are all still visible (and we check really really really carefully and usually get 2nd and 3rd opinions) and it wasn't sold months and months ago, it goes back on the shelf.

Cream and liquid products are returned to the vendor, as are liners mascaras, etc... If a Studio Tech is returned and the seal is still intact, I'll put it back on the shelf if it was sold recently.

I return all brushes to vendor, and anything at all questionable goes back to the vendor.

duch3ss25

I was a bit worried too as 50% off MAC sounds too good to be true. However, I got my order a few days ago
cheerleader.gif
and I can say that they're all BNIB, never tested nor used. I looked really closely and all hetchmarks were there on all powder products. Aside from the "sweating" of the lippies and the one CCB I got, they looked the same as those bought from the counters/FS stores.

Oh, and yeah, I did compare the boxes of each product to those I own and haven't tossed away and they looked legit
lol.gif
It was paranoia talking in my head but, at least, I can now relax and enjoy my goodies. I must say, being a member of Specktra has a lot of perks
winks.gif

yummy411

Quote:
Having the Nordstrom tag does mean the item is used. (If that is what you are asking
hmm.gif
)

are you sure? the cco's prob just take old stuff from their estee lauder companies that are housed in nordstrom.. they affix the sticker for sale, but they won't necessarily take them off just to sell the merchandise at the cco/ other companies like makeup.com that will sell the old stuff...

AppleDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by yummy411
are you sure? the cco's prob just take old stuff from their estee lauder companies that are housed in nordstrom.. they affix the sticker for sale, but they won't necessarily take them off just to sell the merchandise at the cco/ other companies like makeup.com that will sell the old stuff...

Oops I meant to say DOES NOT... sorry about that!!

AppleDiva

Quote:

Sorry meant to say DOES NOT mean the items are used. When you buy MAC items from Nordie or Macys, they will affix stickers so you cannot return items to the MAC store and must return to where your purchase.

astronaut

Just got this email, which was sent to a bunch of people

Quote:
To Our Valued Customer,

Thank you for your recent order. We regret to inform you that due to a glitch in our inventory system, one or more of your items will not be able to ship to you as they have been over-sold.

Your remaining items have shipped out today and you will receive a tracking number by tomorrow morning.

Your order has been adjusted accordingly, and your credit card will be charged the new amount only. If you paid via PayPal, please check your PayPal account or email by tomorrow morning for your refund.

We apologize for the delay and for your inconvenience.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact [email protected]

Sincerely,

Makeup.com Customer Service

WTFFFF I don't even know what they aren't sending! Gosh, just cancel my whole order >:[

[edit]

Just found out what they refunded. The 219 pencil brush, NOOOO that's the thing I wanted the most!

hunnybun

Hey girls -- after reading these posts today, I got paranoid and decided to ask about the department store stickers and used looking boxes. Here is the reply email I got. hth.

"Thank you for your email. I appreciate your concern.

As mentioned on our site, the items is our Classic Brand Section sometimes have less than perfect packaging. They are largely discontinued items or store overstock & shelf-pulls (not customer returns) and are all new, un-used items and not testers.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance.

Warm regards,

Michelle Habkirk
Customer Care Manager
Makeup.com"

Latest posts