Didn't know who else to turn to :[

kittycatliss

You might have seen me post here before i don't do it much - ive kind of lurked reading all your kind help and suggestions. Lately we have been having some family issues and its all beginning to get a bit much for me and evryone knows me as the person who can handle anything, i want to tell my friends but i don't think i can i just really need some advice.

Ok so all the issues started when my nan died of cancer after 6 years of fighting it. it was an emotional time for our whole family, but we all stuck together. My uncle was always the person who looked after my nan but i know this sounds horrible but we all know he did it so he didn't need to work very much even though he loved her and they did evrything togeher and even worked together in the ski chalet our family own, he still could live off my nan and granddads money. So then when she was gone he was left living with my granddad. They started to argue, he became aggressive towards me and my brother and sister sometimes making us cry (he once had a go at me because i suggested he should go to this car-park in town because it normally had spaces but he got angry and called me stupid because he couldn't fit the car in the spot and shouted at me quite alot) but thats wasn't as worse as its been but thats just the one that came to mind. So yeah anyway my uncle decided to go to thailand (he goes to alot of exotic countries with their money) he met a girl out their. So my gramps was at home and we were all getting on fine and my uncle would come back occasionally to visit and all was good, but then my grandad met someone, she was quite young we never got to meet her but we know he bought her a car and spent £300-£400 a night when they went out together, that ended soon enough. but my mum and my uncle started to get angry with him because we all thought she was after him for his money but he just couldnt see it. ok so i then found that my uncle smokes weed (this was in the time he was back in england visiting) - i found some in a box under the sofa when i was looking for a lighter as the the sofa is next to the fire. No one else knows he smokes weed apart from me and i dont know weather to confront him or not. About a year ago my grandad went to thailand to see my uncle. he seemed to like it there so stayed for a while he then found another girl who was friends with my uncles girlfriend. after 2 months of knowing her they are married. Ok now to the main problem my nan trusted me grandad to give us our inheritance - but now 3 years after she has died he has spent all our inheritance money but its not so much the money is the fact it was money given to us from her yet he felt he could just abuse her wishes. But as she didnt write a will there is nothing that we can do about it. He wants to sell the house that my uncle comes and visits in and the house that was also supposed to be given to me and my brother and sister when we are old enough but my grandad wants to sell it to pay for a new house for his "wife". I know this doesnt seem bad but however when he owns 2 other houses that he rents out that he could sell instead it seems malicious. it is also the house that we have christmas in and the house that my mum and uncle have all their memories in including my brain damaged auntie that is part time looked after by my uncle. He also wants to sell the chalet even though it actually belongs equally to all of us. i used to look up to my grandad now i dont know what to think of.
Im feeling that its my uncles fault and that they are now trying to squat in the house to stop him stilling it changing the locks i dont know and theres this big pressure on whos side to be on

Also one of my best friends has been admitted to a rehabilitation center for attempting to commit suicide and severe self harm. i recently had to keep this a secret and help her re-bandage and keep her wounds clean and eventually had to tell someone when i noticed she had a big chunk missing from her arm that was very close to her bone.

Its all getting hard to keep on top off and i dont know if im being a drama queen or not but ive been so stressed and upset over all these things that seem to be throwing themselves at me and im doing stupid things to cope

Any advice would be so helpful
Thanks for bothering to read this :]

Sorry its so long i havent included all the details its very complicated and theres so much more too it but it would take too long to write

SkylarV217

Honey I'm sorry you are going through this. The bad thing is that since your grandmother died without a will, everything that she left is your grandfathers to do with as he pleases. The property that your family owns equally is another story. You may get your entire family together to talk the situation out and then talk to your grandfather.

I really hope things get better soon !

dmenchi

Oh please you are not being a drama-queen! This is some serious stuff your dealing with...I'm in a very similar situation with my dad, who loves to get involved with "gold-diggers" - and everytime he'll just believe the lady-friend is really in love or what ever. But i'm worried that all those 'ladies' will bankrupt him and he's so hard working i feel he deseves so much better , but let's talk about you...
smiles.gif
I think at one point this whole situation might really get worse before it gets better...family issues are always so sensitive and it's wrong being forced into the middle. I don't think you need to decide whos side your on, but look out for your-self and your own well-being. i know this sounds selfish, but it seems like your dealing with a lot of selfish people who really don't care! As far as the whole money issues go you should speak to a legal expert as in all countries/staates the laws differ. Please try and not be to involved unless you have to because it will eat you up.Other's stress over extended periods of time will hurt you in the end! As the previous person said ,you might have to have a family-meeting and talk about issues without blaming/arguing...and trust me i've been there and it's very uncomfertable..but at least my husbands family agreed to have a meeting- most traditional families choose to pretend that nothing is wrong...
I feel horrible for you being stuck there with all those issues ,but you can always come here and talk about it. Sometimes just getting it out helps =) Feel free to PM me if you need to talk **hug** Best wishes!

snowflakelashes

No advice here, but a touch of sympathy, I definitely wouldn't know how to deal with any of this so I don't think you're being ridiculous that this bothers you!

Latest posts