Diet Recipes & Tips?

Trashley

Okay I am dead serious about losing weight these days. Schools right around the corner... Kind of want to lose around 25 lbs since I'm nearly 140 right now.

What are some great practicle recipes and tips for weight loss? I probably will not be able to get to the gym 3 times a week. But I DO have some workout tapes from slim in 6, the firm and pilates.

I have a GOOD foods list I got from a trainer but I don't know how to put all the good foods together for a filling meal.

WEBSITES would be very helpfull!

Janice

http://www.3fatchicks.com/

http://www.dwlz.com/recipeTOC.html

Just a couple, but I enjoy both of them!
smiles.gif
HTHS

nphernetton

Here are some tips/little things you can do to curb your appetite...I pulled these off a friends xanga, and some of them are a bit silly/weird

k i l l * y o u r * c r a v i n g s

x. Get a big bowl of crushed ice or small ice cubes to suck on and crunch. It feels like you're eating fritos or chips, but no calories. Try freezing water with a dash of fruit juice in it to add taste.

x. Eat celery. It's a negative calorie food and won't have a big impact on your caloric intake even if you snack on it often. Same goes for lettuce leaves or carrot sticks.

x. Chew gum. Get two or three different flavors of sugarless gum and alternate, spitting them out when the flavor vanishes.

x. Dip a spoon in Hershey's syrup (it's fat free) and set it on a strip of wax paper in the freezer. When it's frozen, take it out and lick it like a popsicle. It'll last a half hour if you lick is slowly. Or take a spoonful of whipped cream and eat slowly. If you buy the light kind it's only 15 calories for two tablespoons, so you can do this a couple times.

x. Chew on a straw. You can move it around your mouth and play with it, but you aren't actually eating anything so it's cool.

x. Buy a baby pacifier and dip the plastic nipple part in juice or diet soda. Chew or suck on it. When you snack while zoning out, you're seeking comfort; that'll supply it.

x. Instead of potato chips, have pita crisps. Cut a pita pocket into two sections, take one half and spray with a little fat free cooking spray, sprinkle with basil and oregano and microwave for a few seconds until crispy. Cut it into wedges and you'll have "chips" for about 100-110 calories and no fat if you buy the fat free pocket bread/pita.

x. Crunch on veggies and fruits instead. Slice an apple and sprinkle it with a little cinnamon, have cold broccoli and cauliflower or some carrot sticks. It's the same crunch, but far lower in calories. If you really crave salt and vinegar chips, sprinkle a little vinegar on some lettuce leaves.

x. Eat ice. Seriously, the crunch factor is the same.

x. Instead of chips or crackers, have one cup of toasted rice or corn cereal. It's usually 100 calories or so for a cup and tastes just as good as chips.

x. Rice cakes come in lots of different flavors, including cheese, ranch and bbq. Usually, a single cake is 30-40 calories, or you can buy the mini kind in a serving size bag.

x. Spray a small pan with nonstick spray and "fry" one or two eggroll or wanton wrappers. Sprinkle with fat free butter or cheese powders and cut into bite size pieces. You can also have them plain with salsa if you're craving tortilla chips. Depending on the brand you buy, they range from 30-100 calories.

x. On very low heat, bake a piece of rye or pumpernickle bread until it becomes crunchy and dry. Spray with a little nonstick spray and add your favourite herbs for a bunch of croutons.

x. Make air popped or microwave fat free, low cal popcorn without butter on it. Add calorie free flavor sprinkles in whatever flavor you like. One cup is usually 25-40 calories. Just make sure you actually measure it, because one bag usually has many servings in it.

x. Make potato chips in your oven. Slice a small potato into thin slices, spray with non-stick spray and lightly coat with spices or calorie free flavor sprinkles. Bake until golden brown. If you want dip, take 4 ounces of plain flavored yogurt and mix in some non-caloric popcorn flavoring in ranch, cheese or italian. You can also use that dip for veggies or pretzels.

x. Have just a taste. If you want cake, have two bites and no more; if it's chips you want, put two or three in a napkin or on a plate, leave the kitchen and then have the snack. Usually a taste satiates.

x. Put the food in your mouth, chew and spit into a napkin. It's super gross, but if you're still craving more of the same food, put the chewed, spit out bits back in your mouth. You won't be hungry anymore.

x. Play eat. Put ice water and ice cubes in a bowl and "eat" this with a spoon. Do the same with diet soda. It makes you feel like you've eaten since you're going through the motions.

x. Have broth or boullion. Warm and filling like soup, it's usually between 5-40 calories for a cup full.

x. Mix up some Crystal Light or other non-carbonated diet beverage and freeze in the ice cube tray with a stick. Instant popsicles make you feel like you're having a real treat.

x. Bake your favourite treat for someone else. The smells make you feel like you're joining in the eating experience but since you give the food away you can't binge on it.

Shawna

One of the biggest problems people have is that they feel hungry when they are actually dehydrated. If you feel hungry, try drinking some water first and then see if you are still hungry. Most of us are chronically dehydrated and don't realize it. Good luck.

Latest posts