Diets?

Isis

I'm 5'1" and used to tip the scales at 145lbs. Right now I'm at a comfy 100ish give or take a few (havn't weighed myself latelly) but I know I like where I'm at, & look & feel healthier. It didn't happen over night, it took about a year to get it all off. I just woke up one morning in HS very disgusted with myself, & made the commitment to ditch the pounds. I'm 25 and have kept it off w/o a problem
greengrin.gif

And here's what I did (and still do):
- Stoped eating fast food completelly. (I'm not counting Chinese Takeout or Papa Johns
tong.gif
)

- Cut back on white starches.

- Up'ed protien & Veggies.

- NO soda.

- Drink plenty of water. But I'm not one of those people that cart around bottles of water.

- Work out for 1 hour EVERY DAY w/o fail - cardio (running, swimming, or whatever, I change it up alot b/c you'll hit a platau if you don't), squats, lunges, pushups, leg presses, & some pilaties.

Christina Victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ
I'm 5'1" and used to tip the scales at 145lbs. Right now I'm at a comfy 100ish give or take a few (havn't weighed myself latelly) but I know I like where I'm at, & look & feel healthier. It didn't happen over night, it took about a year to get it all off. I just woke up one morning in HS very disgusted with myself, & made the commitment to ditch the pounds. I'm 25 and have kept it off w/o a problem
greengrin.gif

And here's what I did (and still do):
- Stoped eating fast food completelly. (I'm not counting Chinese Takeout or Papa Johns
tong.gif
)

- Cut back on white starches.

- Up'ed protien & Veggies.

- NO soda.

- Drink plenty of water. But I'm not one of those people that cart around bottles of water.

- Work out for 1 hour EVERY DAY w/o fail - cardio (running, swimming, or whatever, I change it up alot b/c you'll hit a platau if you don't), squats, lunges, pushups, leg presses, & some pilaties.

Hm, I do all of that, except the hour of working out each day. I'm kind of lazy, but I dance about 3 times a week and try to stretch/crunch at home.

joytheobscure

OH, man I'd love to diet, I've gained weight the last two years- from 115 to 130 and it just sickens me. I want to be at 120. I mainly blame a serious mountain dew addiction and eating in a school cafeteria, but I don't think I can try to give up anything until the holidays pass. I am trying to drink more water. I will start January 2nd. :) I feel fat when I've always been the "tiny" one. blech..... Maybe Santa can bring me a good diet book. LOL

Bexx

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
You current Body Mass Index is 19.7 which is to the lower end of the normal range. At 115 pounds you will be below a healthy weight with a Body Mass Index of 18. Being underweight can cause all sorts of hormonal related gynaecological problems. The lowest weight you can go and still be within the normal range for your height is 118 pounds.

You can calculate your BMI here

Caffn8me: you are always so knowlegable. Lots of research on your part hey? However, just so you all know, BMI is not quite as accurate as ppl think it is. Its a great tool, but there are so many factors involved, that there is room for adjustments. Just thought I'd add my 2 cents, as we studied it in school a bit a few years back. Thats it! You are so nice to help ppl out and look stuff up for them. I notice you are always willing to help!

Pimptress

Bah, bmi is crap. According to BMI my boyfriend is obese because he's 5'7 and 170lbs... but he's not even fat!!! He has a lot of muscle and he's just not a stick... I mean not fat at all, seriously. It doesn't take into consideration your muscle that you have or anything, especially since muscle weighs more than fat.

With that being said, I ballooned from my lowest this year which was 123lbs and 17% body fat (and I didn't even work out) to gaining a boyfriend in June and 142lbs now with god knows how much body fat... Arg. and I know exactly why... fast food, soda, energy drinks... eating with he's hungry even if I just ate...

I know I need to change my habits, and I will... some other day
winks.gif
It's frustrating yet I know it won't be hard... when I moved to Wisconsin last year I was right around the same weight that I am now, and I cut it down to 123 over a year, by doing nothing but eating better and only drinking water, so if I can get myself to start doing that again, and throw in a little exersize, I should hopefully be okay

Here's to hoping that I don't gain any more weight, though *sigh*. Maybe I will start tomorrow, no more fast food. Ok, only Wendy's Chili (220calories, only 50 or so from fat!)

Miss Pumpkin

If you want to start a diet go to a nutritionist or a doctor and ask them to give you a diet appropiate for you. In November 2003 I started a diet and I lost 17 kilos, it was very hard and I was on 1300 calories a day, but the results gave me so much confidence... I still have body issues that's why today I have decided to start the diet again, but if you look at this you will see that it really did work...

September 2003 ............................. April 2005​

diet3xm.png

Christina Victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Pumpkin
If you want to start a diet go to a nutritionist or a doctor and ask them to give you a diet appropiate for you. In November 2003 I started a diet and I lost 17 kilos, it was very hard and I was on 1300 calories a day, but the results gave me so much confidence... I still have body issues that's why today I have decided to start the diet again, but if you look at this you will see that it really did work...

September 2003 ............................. April 2005​

diet3xm.png

Aw, well thank you for the story. I still think you look great in both pictures.
smiles.gif