dilemma finding lipstick color

gohgoomah

hello specktra-ers
wavey.gif

i've heard everyone rave and rant about how great hug me l/s is and the pictures that i've seen on many of the girls' FOTD's with it on are absolutely gorgeous! the subtle baby pink (yet very natural) that it adds sold me
eyelove.gif
, so i went to the MAC counter to try it. to my dismay, it didn't come up as pink on me but it just completely blended in with my lipcolor and almost gave it a tint of brown? :confused:
hmm.gif
:whattha:

i've read some other women have this problem if their lips are too pigmented(?). would you guys have any other lipstick recommendations for me that would provide the same look hug me l/s has on other girls? i'm guesstimating that i'm around and NC-30,
th_dunno.gif
(i've never bought foundations from MAC but that's what my concealer is), medium beige skin tone.

thanks a lot!
smiles.gif
th_wiggle2.gif

(sorry i went smilie crazy) :jump:
dothewave.gif

mariecinder

If you're not into putting foudation on your lips you could try picking up Benefit's Lip Plump. It's a skin colored lip primer and it works really well for me. Maybe if you use that under Hug Me the color will show up better.

gohgoomah

ooo i've never thought about that!

but is it safe to put concealer/foundation on your lips?

i guess what i was asking though is for other lipstick color suggestions that would give the hug me l/s look!

claresauntie

Look at Viva Glam V and Sweetie. Not sure how pigmented your lips are, so they will give pretty different looks.

It's ok to use foundation or concealer on your lips. No problem at all.

me_jelly

I'm NC35 with pigmented lips and most nudes make me look like a zombie out of day of the dead lol

I, however, LOVE hug me - on me, it's definitely my lips but better, but it seems to tone down the natural pinky-mauvy color of my lips.
If you are finding that its true colors are not quite showing because of the pigmentation of your natural lips, try the following:

Dab a tiny bit of foundation on lips to prep (or use a primer)
Line with subculture l/l (this is a very nudey beige with a hint of pink, it'll really tone down the pigment in your lips)
Apply Hug me l/s
Top with Viva Glam V

This combo is my fav way of achieving that perfect pinky nude lip with hug me - give it a try and let me know how it goes!

iiifugaziii

well, lipstick is tricky if you're a little pickier, because you could put hug me lipstick on 10 people who wear nc30, and it would look different on them all.
it's more about the pigmentation of your lips. do you have a picture of yourself? I could give you some good rec's!

Robin

You might want to check out MAC's slimshine in Bare. I don't wear MAC foundation either, but like you, I would guess that I'm NC 30. I had the same exact experience with Hug Me...it blended into my lips (which are quite pigmented) too much and looked like I didn't put anything on. I also tried Jubilee, which looked too beige and not pink enough on me. Bare gave me the look that I wanted--sort of that pinky nude look--more on the pink side than the beige/nude side. I usually have a hard time with paler pinks looking too cool on me, but Bare is great because it has a bit of gold to it, which helps make it look warmer.

gohgoomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiifugaziii
well, lipstick is tricky if you're a little pickier, because you could put hug me lipstick on 10 people who wear nc30, and it would look different on them all.
it's more about the pigmentation of your lips. do you have a picture of yourself? I could give you some good rec's!

oo thanks! there's a picture of myself in my profile!
smiles.gif
any feedback would be greatly appreciated! ^^

gohgoomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin
You might want to check out MAC's slimshine in Bare. I don't wear MAC foundation either, but like you, I would guess that I'm NC 30. I had the same exact experience with Hug Me...it blended into my lips (which are quite pigmented) too much and looked like I didn't put anything on. I also tried Jubilee, which looked too beige and not pink enough on me. Bare gave me the look that I wanted--sort of that pinky nude look--more on the pink side than the beige/nude side. I usually have a hard time with paler pinks looking too cool on me, but Bare is great because it has a bit of gold to it, which helps make it look warmer.

that's pretty interesting cuz it's exactly what happened to me!! i mentioned it to the MA and she suggested some colors for me. i ended up walking away with Plink! but honestly, it's very nudish pinkish. not really pink either, but i have come to like it quite a bit~ i am quite worried myself about the pinks maybe washing me out, but honestly.. it looks SO pretty on other girls! boo!
ssad.gif

Latest posts