Dior Cosmetics Discussion

elegant-one

pompom.gif
Great Elegant !
Is Pandore an orange red? You love it? I'm going to order that shade in the new fluid sticks too

elegant-one

And then, I ordered the Dior Cleansing Water from Sephora. They were offering a cute mini sample of the Meteorites Pearls & I've always wanted to try them

Dominique33

Is Pandore an orange red? You love it? I'm going to order that shade in the new fluid sticks too
I would say it's a red with subtle undertones, Trafalgar is more an orange red but Pandore, well it's a red ( quite unique in fact ). The new fluid sticks are not very intense I think, nothing in common with the np which is so bright. The texture is a "lightweight" one, easy to wear, but it is more a " glossy stain", I have Pandore and Wonderland I think both are go-to lippies perfect for the office, but clearly not as long wearing as it should be. It's not sticky at all, it's like wearing nothing on the lips ( hence lightweight ), if I should rate it, it would be B- as we say " peut mieux faire "^^ but it's still pretty.

elegant-one

I would say it's a red with subtle undertones, Trafalgar is more an orange red but Pandore, well it's a red ( quite unique in fact ). The new fluid sticks are not very intense I think, nothing in common with the np which is so bright. The texture is a "lightweight" one, easy to wear, but it is more a " glossy stain", I have Pandore and Wonderland I think both are go-to lippies perfect for the office, but clearly not as long wearing as it should be. It's not sticky at all, it's like wearing nothing on the lips ( hence lightweight ), if I should rate it, it would be B- as we say " peut mieux faire "^^ but it's still pretty.
Thank you my dear that is very helpful. I was hoping Pandore would be different than Trafalgar. Some of the pictures & swatches I saw made them look similar. You are SO helpful & I greatly appreciate it
bouquet.gif

Wonderland was the other shade I was going to get in the fluid stick
amuse.gif

Monsy

Well, I swatched one of the sets in Saks one time (not sure which ones) & it was very glittery.

Geesh thanks...I need something else to be addicted to
lol.gif
Nope you have to experience them on your face. Properly applied. Swatches do not work for these. Btw I heard new reformulated ones are more glittery than the old ones. But the old ones man... you get photoshoped skin in an instant. they are the best makeup product ever out there. Smooth the skin, evens out makeup, if you overdo blush or anything else it just makes everything more subtle, mattifies but at the same time gives beautiful photoshop glow. I have so many of them and absolutely love them. can't imagine doing my makeup without them

elegant-one

Nope you have to experience them on your face. Properly applied. Swatches do not work for these. Btw I heard new reformulated ones are more glittery than the old ones. But the old ones man... you get photoshoped skin in an instant. they are the best makeup product ever out there. Smooth the skin, evens out makeup, if you overdo blush or anything else it just makes everything more subtle, mattifies but at the same time gives beautiful photoshop glow. I have so many of them and absolutely love them. can't imagine doing my makeup without them
Properly applied - do you have a special method? Which ones would you recommend for me? lol

Monsy

Just a nice big fluffy powder brush. I like to buff it in, in a circle motion
It does wonders over liquid foundation before your blush

MissTania

Junon is already sold out? They haven't even arrived here and they're already sold out! I've got to go check tomorrow, but they weren't here last week! Well, since it's a colour that is permanent, it will eventually come back once the crazy fades... I have no patience for 'sold outs'.

I've decided on my lineup. Palais Royale, Junon, Victoire, Front Row and Metal Montaigne. I'm on the fence for Wonderland for now. If it's too close to Rosy Bow, I'm going to pass. I don't particularly like Rosy Bow (my mother uses it instead).
I'm not sure where you are, but I'm in Australia and went to a Counter at the Sydney City store - I was a bit skeptical that it sold out- I had a feeling maybe they just didn't get much of that shade to start with lol. They told me they'd been out for a week.

Wonderland is nothing like Rosy Bow.
flower.gif

SlugPower

Thank you! I got Junon and Palais Royale. :) I liked Wonderland as well, I'll have tow ear Rosy Bow next time I go to the store to see how it compares.

I got some perfume spraying since I was at the store and urgh, I have a massive headache now. I knew Miss Dior Parfum gave me grief, so I was trying out Dolce Vita and Dune as alternatives, turns out at least one of them gives me grief as well. Is it the vanilla? I'm not sure.

I got the pink smoky pallete. I also checked out the mono eyeshadows, both the powder and the cream ones, and I'm very tempted in buying some. I'd prefer the mono fusion ones, but will they go bad quickly? Powder eyeshadow doesn't really go bad, shelf life is extended if one is careful with the tools, but what about cream eyeshadows? I'm really ignorant on eyeshadows in general, I never used them much, but I've liked the appeal of them lately. I know that Dior's have been around for little time, but they are similar to other types of eyeshadows on the market. Can someone confirm me if they have a short shelf life? How short exactly? :(

Dominique33

Thank you! I got Junon and Palais Royale. :) I liked Wonderland as well, I'll have tow ear Rosy Bow next time I go to the store to see how it compares.

I got some perfume spraying since I was at the store and urgh, I have a massive headache now. I knew Miss Dior Parfum gave me grief, so I was trying out Dolce Vita and Dune as alternatives, turns out at least one of them gives me grief as well. Is it the vanilla? I'm not sure.

I got the pink smoky pallete. I also checked out the mono eyeshadows, both the powder and the cream ones, and I'm very tempted in buying some. I'd prefer the mono fusion ones, but will they go bad quickly? Powder eyeshadow doesn't really go bad, shelf life is extended if one is careful with the tools, but what about cream eyeshadows? I'm really ignorant on eyeshadows in general, I never used them much, but I've liked the appeal of them lately. I know that Dior's have been around for little time, but they are similar to other types of eyeshadows on the market. Can someone confirm me if they have a short shelf life? How short exactly? :(
The mono es ( cream or better say hybrid texture ) are good, they wear quite long if you use a good primer.

Here are swatches from 4 hybrid textures :

Dior " Cosmos " I purchased it maybe 6 months ago
Givenchy " Rose Illusion " matte ( spring 2014 )
Chanel " Mirifique " a long time ago, 2 years ? Still ok
Kiko 107 ( spring 2014, emerald )

The Dior ones are not overwhelming, compared to the Chanel and Kiko ones which are truly beautiful but very intense indeed.

I would say Dior cream eyeshadows are good on the whole.

As for the palettes ( powder es), it dépends on the pattern on it. Some are bad, because of the pattern ( very chalky ), some ( the regular ones ) are good.

Hope this is useful :)