Dior Cosmetics Discussion

elegant-one

I checked the Saks site, even if I can't buy (us can't ship nail polish to europe without issues from what i've been told and plus, shipping costs would kill me), and... everything is so much cheaper (like 10€ cheaper) and I spy with my little eye mini versions of the Dior mascara... Oh... I feel like raging a little about the last one. I've been lamenting not having that option here for so long.

I love that cannage coral blush colour, very lovely. Congratulations to everyone who has bought it.

I heard so many good things about the DreamSkin. The Dior counter I go to loaded me with free samples of it everytime I go there to see if the new collections are up. I am pretty sure if I sum all of them, I have about half a bottle already. I haven't tried them yet, because I have like a million creams to finish first. Isn't DreamSkin for older ladies though? I'm 25, do I really need DS?

I checked the eyeshadows too, like I said I would. They're very beautiful, but a bit too glittery. Since they aren't even that glittery by normal standards, I guess it's a product that isn't for me. What I noticed is that they're so easily buildable. Like, one pass is just a sheer like colour, but then two passes and it's extremely pigmented. Still, I am getting Millenium and Nocturne, to see if it forces my hand to try the rest. I'll venture into the normal eyeshadow monos though. They seem simple enough to start.
No, DreamSkin is for everyone. It makes the skin look diffused, its a redness & spot corrector which actually works almost instantly before your eyes. It also has anti-aging properties.

MissTania

My Coral blush will be here Saturday
icon_eek.gif
Fastest shipping ever.

Where you able to get the Proenza blushes or just the lipsticks?
Looking forward to your thoughts on it!

I am waiting for Proenza on Nordies- I want to get Pinkfringe (2) and Sunset Beach. Maybe Mangrove too. I saw your post in the Proenza thread, you have secured your goods via undercover dealings it seems- well done!!!

The Chanel Dentelle blush has come to Australia and I am tempted to get that too.

So many beautiful things atm!!
icon_eek.gif

elegant-one

Looking forward to your thoughts on it!

I am waiting for Proenza on Nordies- I want to get Pinkfringe (2) and Sunset Beach. Maybe Mangrove too. I saw your post in the Proenza thread, you have secured your goods via undercover dealings it seems- well done!!!

The Chanel Dentelle blush has come to Australia and I am tempted to get that too.

So many beautiful things atm!!
icon_eek.gif
So true! It seems like its all coming out at one time. Oh wow - Dentelle. Let us know if you get it.

MissTania

So true! It seems like its all coming out at one time. Oh wow - Dentelle. Let us know if you get it.
Will do!! I wish I had known it was out earlier as I work in the Sydney CBD and could have tested it during the week. I will have to call the city tomorrow and check the price. If you ever need an Australia sleeper agent to assist you in purchases- let me know :)

I just bought both the Cannange edition blushes- I didn't even look for swatches of the pink one until after I bought it!

Some nice swatches here:

http://retailtherapy.onsugar.com/Dior-My-Lady-Blush-Palettes-002-003-34222307

elegant-one

Will do!! I wish I had known it was out earlier as I work in the Sydney CBD and could have tested it during the week. I will have to call the city tomorrow and check the price. If you ever need an Australia sleeper agent to assist you in purchases- let me know :)

I just bought both the Cannange edition blushes- I didn't even look for swatches of the pink one until after I bought it!

Some nice swatches here:

http://retailtherapy.onsugar.com/Dior-My-Lady-Blush-Palettes-002-003-34222307
Aww, you are SO sweet! I will definitely keep you in mind dear friend ;)

girlhaha.gif
Of course you got both. They are so pretty. I know I will end up with the pink one too. I'm going to call one of my stores to see if they got them in.

Those swatches are the best ones!
eyelove.gif
Yep, I'll have to get the pink one. I love that lilac undertone! Thanks

elegant-one

Dior Nude Shimmer 001 - a very very pretty baby pale rose & nude with subtle shimmer

^ A bit washed out in color but you can see the shimmer

Dominique33

Dior Nude Shimmer 001 - a very very pretty baby pale rose & nude with subtle shimmer

^ A bit washed out in color but you can see the shimmer
Thank you Elegant, yes it's a baby pink ( rather than a shell pink, maybe in-between ) but if you build it up, it looks very very pretty indeed, I was able to test it ( the amber one too ) I hope the Transat collection arrives next week !

jebogewf

They look gorgeous! Have you seen any swatches of the pink? Here's a review of the coral, which I love the looks of:

http://silverkis.com/2014/02/10/dior-my-lady-blush-002-soft-coral/
I JUST saw the Cannage (My Lady) blushes on Saks!!! I am SO excited!!! I had to order them both! I am so glad I didn't buy them off ebay.
cheerleader.gif
What a awesome start to the weekend. Sorry, really excited here, lol.

elegant-one

I JUST saw the Cannage (My Lady) blushes on Saks!!! I am SO excited!!! I had to order them both! I am so glad I didn't buy them off ebay.
cheerleader.gif
What a awesome start to the weekend. Sorry, really excited here, lol.
pompom.gif
You should be excited - they are both so beautiful!!!! I have the pink one in my cart
girlhaha.gif
My coral one is going to be here tomorrow already!!! WOOT

I hope you love them on.

sungelly87

I just ordered both Cannage blushes, it was really a no brainer. I never thought they would come to the US. They look gorgeous! Such a great collectors item even though I know I'm gonna put them to good use. I'm skipping the mac proenza schouler collection for these blushes.

elegant-one

Is there anyone who has old shimmer powders and will be buying new ones to compare them?
I'm not sure how the shades will compare between old & new but the shimmer in the new is more like a very subtle MAC msf. The old ones for me at least was a lot of shimmer. These are subtle, but you still get the highlight. Its going to be beautiful over other blushes, but I am really loving it by itself. It looks so sweet with Mac's new Playland Sweet Experience lipstick. I'm wearing them together today.

Starlight77

I just got the Diorshow Brow Styler pencil. Its AWESOME! I have very dark thick eyebrows natural that I think grow overnight
sigh.gif
but as you get older *cough* you get some sparse areas. It works so beautiful & looks incredibly natural. I have hated EVERY other eyebrow anything pencil/gel etc. that I've tried. This is the best imho
Dior is just awesome all around LOL. I have the same eyebrow issues. since I had my daughter they grow even faster. I don't use an eyebrow pencil but I just love all of their stuff. I'm looking into the Dior powder foundation. I don't use foundation currently but whenever I went "out" i'd use the MAC studio fix powder. It's about 14 years old and still looks and smells the same. I compared it to new ones in the store. It just can't be healthy to use LOL
every time i ask MAC to match me, I get tons of different answers. NC15, NC25(umm no way), NW18, NC10 etc it's never the same. My powder I have (from 1997) is an N4 but i'm more yellow now. I believe NC15 works best so I need to figure out what Dior matches that. The Macy's lighting is awful so I can never tell.

BTW i bought both blushes.. i'm weak. I tried so hard to not get pink but I don't have that shade at all. I did try to get ethereal glow but it didn't show up on me as a blush. I wonder how the pink blush compares to Nars Sex Fantasy. SO EXCITED!! Now to just try and get my hands on that Chanel dentelle precieuse
heart.gif
after that I will go on a no buy [SUP][SUB](pssttt i'm so lying lol) [/SUB][/SUP]

elegant-one

Dior is just awesome all around LOL. I have the same eyebrow issues. since I had my daughter they grow even faster. I don't use an eyebrow pencil but I just love all of their stuff. I'm looking into the Dior powder foundation. I don't use foundation currently but whenever I went "out" i'd use the MAC studio fix powder. It's about 14 years old and still looks and smells the same. I compared it to new ones in the store. It just can't be healthy to use LOL
every time i ask MAC to match me, I get tons of different answers. NC15, NC25(umm no way), NW18, NC10 etc it's never the same. My powder I have (from 1997) is an N4 but i'm more yellow now. I believe NC15 works best so I need to figure out what Dior matches that. The Macy's lighting is awful so I can never tell.

BTW i bought both blushes.. i'm weak. I tried so hard to not get pink but I don't have that shade at all. I did try to get ethereal glow but it didn't show up on me as a blush. I wonder how the pink blush compares to Nars Sex Fantasy. SO EXCITED!! Now to just try and get my hands on that Chanel dentelle precieuse
heart.gif
after that I will go on a no buy [SUP][SUB](pssttt i'm so lying lol) [/SUB][/SUP]
girlhaha.gif
Your post is so cute!

Hey, I have older products too & they're just fine. I agree every Macys that I've ever been in has terrible lighting. Do you live near a Nordies or Dillards? Maybe they would be better. Actually, a Sephora lady helped my daughter in law get matched perfectly in Dior nude foundation & she really had a hard time getting matched before. I think she has both warm & cool tones.

I think it will be different than SF. They both look so beautiful. I will probably cave & order the pink one tonight :) I agree with you that Dior is so awesome! Well, I'll want to know what you think of the blushes when you get them
friends.gif

elegant-one

I know that you use Dreamskin, cleansing water and a serum (trying to remember which one). Are you using anything else from Dior skincare that you would recommend?

I am thinking about changing up my skincare routine.
Have you tried the Peter Thomas Roth Unwrinkle pads? You MUST if you haven't. Seriously they are amazing for your skin. I was afraid to try them thinking they would irritate or break my skin out, but everyone talked me into them during the Sephora sale. They make your skin look & feel like a baby's bottom - soft smooth & clear. LOVE them.

sarabeautime

Dior My Lady Blushers are beautiful,
I would recommend everyone :))

Linda has reviewed (and compared) both of the blushes:
Pink:
http://silverkis.com/2014/03/12/dior-my-lady-blush-003-pink/
Coral:
http://silverkis.com/2014/02/10/dior-my-lady-blush-002-soft-coral/

I just reviewed Coral one:
http://www.colormeloud.com/2014/04/dior-my-lady-glowing-colour-blush.html

Coral one is really rather cool, not that much of a coral.
Pink one seems to be even cooler.

Starlight77

girlhaha.gif
Your post is so cute!

Hey, I have older products too & they're just fine. I agree every Macys that I've ever been in has terrible lighting. Do you live near a Nordies or Dillards? Maybe they would be better. Actually, a Sephora lady helped my daughter in law get matched perfectly in Dior nude foundation & she really had a hard time getting matched before. I think she has both warm & cool tones.

I think it will be different than SF. They both look so beautiful. I will probably cave & order the pink one tonight :) I agree with you that Dior is so awesome! Well, I'll want to know what you think of the blushes when you get them
friends.gif
I get excited and hyper when I talk about Dior because no one else I know likes it LOL I live in NY, no dillards here. Nordies is way too far. Saks would be my best bet but I hate dragging the kids to the city just for makeup. A Sephora girl used some camera thingy on my face that is supposed to show you all the products in store that will match you. It takes 4 separate pictures against your skin in different places. It worked and was awesome and she said it would show up on my account but it didn't so I have to go back and do it again. It pulled a list of all the foundations that matched my skin. I was in between on the Dior powder so I had to try it on. I remember the Dior airflash I was shade "linen" but I don't like liquid. The baby started fussing for food and my 5 year old was hopping & yelling 'i gotta pee now mommy' ughhhh see why i shop online? LOL

Monsy

I get excited and hyper when I talk about Dior because no one else I know likes it LOL I live in NY, no dillards here. Nordies is way too far. Saks would be my best bet but I hate dragging the kids to the city just for makeup. A Sephora girl used some camera thingy on my face that is supposed to show you all the products in store that will match you. It takes 4 separate pictures against your skin in different places. It worked and was awesome and she said it would show up on my account but it didn't so I have to go back and do it again. It pulled a list of all the foundations that matched my skin. I was in between on the Dior powder so I had to try it on. I remember the Dior airflash I was shade "linen" but I don't like liquid. The baby started fussing for food and my 5 year old was hopping & yelling 'i gotta pee now mommy' ughhhh see why i shop online? LOL
that little thing is so stupid and never matches correctly