Dior Cosmetics Discussion

sugarberry

I saw the blush in store last week. It did look absolutely beautiful in the pan, but I ran my finger over it (lightly!) and powder went everywhere. Could have just been the tester, but it felt like the product hadn't been properly pressed.
Yup, I had the same results. One swatch and I knew it wasn't for me!

delicatewhimsy

While purchasing the new Illuminating Neutrals palette, I saw new nail polish shades are available on dior.com. They look very pretty and perfect for Spring. I can't wait until next week when I can snag all three!

Medgal07

Yeah I mean I like the idea of "illuminating" neutrals, but light mattes just disappear into my skin. And I'm not sure what the finish is on the shades in this palette yet. A lot of neutral palettes out there so I'll be curious to see some reviews on how this one fares!
Well I already have the Dior Montaigne & Cuir Cannage quints, both of which make lovely neutral eye looks. Montaigne actually reminds me of the Valentine's Day palette.
Dior did a great job with both IMHO.

Dior Montaigne. Note, the top left shade is a much deeper peach color IRL

Dior Cuir Cannage. Note, the bottom right shade is a rich brown, not black as it appears here.

charismafulltv

Here ya go ladies! I tagged Specktra on IG as well. They are both gorgeous in person!
b52525a2_image.jpeg
f5892953_image.jpeg

sugarberry

Thank you!!

Is the lower right shade of the quint a deep plum? My screen is off sometimes, and it's reading as a really deep cool toned purple. The quint looks a little warmer in the promo images than it does in your photos. Very pretty! I can see it producing a soft romantic look.

EllaS

Well I already have the Dior Montaigne & Cuir Cannage quints, both of which make lovely neutral eye looks. Montaigne actually reminds me of the Valentine's Day palette.
Dior did a great job with both IMHO.

Dior Montaigne. Note, the top left shade is a much deeper peach color IRL

Dior Cuir Cannage. Note, the bottom right shade is a rich brown, not black as it appears here.
Well proof here again that I put off buying perm products until there's a break in the LE action. The only new Dior quint I have bought is Jardin (then I bought 2 (now 3 with Tangerine Dreams) additional LE quints - House of Greens and Golden Reflections). Cuir Cannage is on my list and looks to be the perfect neutral palette! I've heard nothing but good about it. And you're right that Montaigne does have that similar peach and brown combo as the V-day palette. So I commend your self-control in not buying more of the same! I'm not always that strong LOL.

Medgal07

Well proof here again that I put off buying perm products until there's a break in the LE action. The only new Dior quint I have bought is Jardin (then I bought 2 (now 3 with Tangerine Dreams) additional LE quints - House of Greens and Golden Reflections). Cuir Cannage is on my list and looks to be the perfect neutral palette! I've heard nothing but good about it. And you're right that Montaigne does have that similar peach and brown combo as the V-day palette. So I commend your self-control in not buying more of the same! I'm not always that strong LOL.
girlhaha.gif
It's interesting how we gravitate to 'like' products. One of my new Givenchy e/s quads, Caresse has two shades of peach similar to Dior Tangerine Dream.

EllaS

girlhaha.gif
It's interesting how we gravitate to 'like' products. One of my new Givenchy e/s quads, Caresse has two shades of peach similar to Dior Tangerine Dream.
We really do, don't we?!
friends.gif
I couldn't tell if Caresse was peach or pink. But now that you're saying it's peach I'm even more attracted to it LOL. Overall I'm very drawn to the Givenchy quads. I got #7 Tentation and it's beautiful
heart.gif

Medgal07

We really do, don't we?!
friends.gif
I couldn't tell if Caresse was peach or pink. But now that you're saying it's peach I'm even more attracted to it LOL. Overall I'm very drawn to the Givenchy quads. I got #7 Tentation and it's beautiful
heart.gif
OMG!!!!! Tentation & Impertinence are on my list & I'll probably order one or the other tonight!!!
friends.gif
I think
Tentation is a MUST HAVE!!!!

EllaS

OMG!!!!! Tentation & Impertinence are on my list & I'll probably order one or the other tonight!!!
friends.gif
I think
Tentation is a MUST HAVE!!!!
LOL we have a serious makeup vibe going on! I agree Tentation is a must have. I have a 10% VIB Rouge coupon code that will expire soon so I think I'm going to pick up a few more any day now. I'm having a hard time ruling any out!

Medgal07

LOL we have a serious makeup vibe going on! I agree Tentation is a must have. I have a 10% VIB Rouge coupon code that will expire soon so I think I'm going to pick up a few more any day now. I'm having a hard time ruling any out!
girlhaha.gif
Tentation and Impertinence were my idea of exercising a little self control, giving me 4 out of a potential 9
palettes
th_DANCE.gif
That's good right?

EllaS

girlhaha.gif
Tentation and Impertinence were my idea of exercising a little self control, giving me 4 out of a potential 9
palettes
th_DANCE.gif
That's good right?
That's TOTALLY good! I'm not sure I'll be that good when all is said and done! Since I have 10% off, somehow I think that justifies buying 100% more palettes than I would have otherwise. This is called "makeup math".
girlhaha.gif

charismafulltv

Thank you!! Is the lower right shade of the quint a deep plum?  My screen is off sometimes, and it's reading as a really deep cool toned purple.  The quint looks a little warmer in the promo images than it does in your photos.  Very pretty!  I can see it producing a soft romantic look.
Yes! It's a blackened plum. I love that the colors are not Ombres or complimentary colors. It be fun to play with. The glitter in the middle is more like a little bit bronze than pure silver.
#7 is what the SA suggested for a woc.
Is the rouge dior in 399 a blue based pink in real life? Thanks:)
It's not blue based it is a cool pastel pink. Like Colourpop pony or Mac St Germaine