Dior Cosmetics Discussion

awickedshape

Great! Thank you for posting! :)

I think there're too many browns, and some of the color combinations look confusing a first sight, but all in all I like them! I hope they'll make some cooler palettes along the way. Dior has always been a safe haven to cool blondes, and I'd hate to se that go.

Electrify is a sure winner, and so is Shock. Dream could be very interesting in the flesh.

Oh, and Fascinate is a fresh take on khaki. It's not for me, but I like the color combination a lot. :)

No problem! I like Electrify, Fascinate, Embrace and the one above Embrace.

Something is throwing me off with the design/ layout though. Maybe the choice of the center colour, I don't know.
Is it only the pattern in the center that has changed? They look a little bigger but I don't have much experience with the quints, I only have Blue Lagoon

Pippilotta

I don't think the center color is bigger, but it's got the quilt pattern too which it usually didn't.

I like many of them, and I'm sure I'll like them even more when I see them IRL. I just wish there were more cool colors and far less browns.

I read an interview with PP where he said he was aware that the Dior costumers like color. I wish he would go all the way and not try to combine colors with playing it safe (all the earthy tones). There's enough of that around already.

Last edited:

awickedshape

I don't think the center color is bigger, but it's got the quilt pattern too which it usually didn't.

I like many of them, and 'm sure I'll like them even more when I see them IRL. I just wish there were more cool colors and far less browns.

I read an interview with PP where he said he was aware that the Dior costumers like color. I wish he would go all the way and not try to combine colors with playing it safe (all the earthy tones). There's enough of that around already.

I thought the palette itself looked a little bigger somehow.

Something just looks off, aesthetically and I don't know why lol

Do let us know when you see them! I can't wait to see more.

Pippilotta

I thought the palette itself looked a little bigger somehow.

Something just looks off, aesthetically and I don't know why lol

Do let us know when you see them! I can't wait to see more.

Out of 16 palettes only 3 do not contain at least one (run of the mill) brown. It's as if they wanted to make some trendy colors (red and yellow), but thought that the costumers were not brave enough so they better just put a single trendy color in each of otherwise rather ordinary palettes. The palettes lack the harmony and the soft elegance we expect from Dior. I still hope that what looks brown on the screen will turn out to be an array of different deeper colors, but I'm prepared to be disappointed. I am sure they'll sell more this way though.

Sadly I live in an underdeveloped country when it comes to cosmetic so I'm sure, I'll be the last person to see them at the counter, but I'll report when I do. :)

(BTW - I LOVE Blue Lagoon! :))

Last edited:

SlugPower

I had seen the number and colour codes, but not the combos. Finally I get to put "names" with "faces".

I actually think they didn't discontinue any of them (except Candy Shock), they just reformulated and renamed them, at most switched a colour, and the colours look bad because the lighting of these photos is bad.

The very first one on the top left looks like Pied-de-Poule. Either that or there is a dark pslette after all.
156 - Femme Fleur > 157 - Magnify
456 - Jardin > 457 - Fascinate. One colour has switched but this isnt bad. There were two light colours which were too alike in Jardin, one of them was useless.
566 - Versailles > 567 - Adore
646 - Montaigne > 647 - Undress
796 - Cuir > 797 - Feel
876 - Trafalgar > 877 - Shock

Not shown here but on the other pic there were:
066 - Smoky Sequins > 067 - Provoke
276 - Carré Bleu > 277 - Defy (there is actually a single palette that looks like this at the bottom of the screen when the marcara tube is shown).

The old ones are all there, except 096 - Pied-de-Poule (which isn't bad because all the darks were too alike), and 676 - Candy Shock (which was cute but... I felt the colours didn't blend well).

Discounting the two for summer as they must be limited edition:
> 557 - Focus
> 867 - Attract

The new ones are:
> 357 - Electrify
> 547 - Charm
> 657 - Expose
> 757 - Inflame
> 777 - Exalt. If you switch one of the colours it looks like the 886 - Blazing Gold (holiday 2015)

If it goes by like the last re-release, there were 12 palettes, with 8 permanent and 4 limited edition, with one or another plus for different regions. It's that number here as well.

Last edited:

awickedshape

Out of 16 palettes only 3 do not contain at least one (run of the mill) brown. It's as if they wanted to make some trendy colors (red and yellow), but thought that the costumers were not brave enough so they better just put a single trendy color in each of otherwise rather ordinary palettes. The palettes lack the harmony and the soft elegance we expect from Dior. I still hope that what looks brown on the screen will turn out to be an array of different deeper colors, but I'm prepared to be disappointed. I am sure they'll sell more this way though.

Sadly I live in an underdeveloped country when it comes to cosmetic so I'm sure, I'll be the last person to see them at the counter, but I'll report when I do. :)

(BTW - I LOVE Blue Lagoon! :))

Ah, I get you with the harmony of the palette!

We only have 3 MAC counters here and a new Inglot store.
I recently saw a store advertising on IG that had some YSL items so that will be the first store that carries makeup like that.

Yes, Blue Lagoon is so pretty! I will have to compare the blues to the new palette lol

awickedshape

I had seen the number and colour codes, but not the combos. Finally I get to put "names" with "faces".

I actually think they didn't discontinue any of them (except Candy Shock), they just reformulated and renamed them, at most switched a colour, and the colours look bad because the lighting of these photos is bad.

The very first one on the top left looks like Pied-de-Poule. Either that or there is a dark pslette after all.
156 - Femme Fleur > 157 - Magnify
456 - Jardin > 457 - Fascinate. One colour has switched but this isnt bad. There were two light colours which were too alike in Jardin, one of them was useless.
566 - Versailles > 567 - Adore
646 - Montaigne > 647 - Undress
796 - Cuir > 797 - Feel
876 - Trafalgar > 877 - Shock

Not shown here but on the other pic there were:
066 - Smoky Sequins > 067 - Provoke
276 - Carré Bleu > 277 - Defy (there is actually a single palette that looks like this at the bottom of the screen when the marcara tube is shown).

The old ones are all there, except 096 - Pied-de-Poule (which isn't bad because all the darks were too alike), and 676 - Candy Shock (which was cute but... I felt the colours didn't blend well).

Discounting the two for summer as they must be limited edition:
> 557 - Focus
> 867 - Attract

The new ones are:
> 357 - Electrify
> 547 - Charm
> 657 - Expose
> 757 - Inflame
> 777 - Exalt. If you switch one of the colours it looks like the 886 - Blazing Gold (holiday 2015)

If it goes by like the last re-release, there were 12 palettes, with 8 permanent and 4 limited edition, with one or another plus for different regions. It's that number here as well.

Thank you!!

Ah, so Undress is the one above Embrace! I was wondering what it was; I could only make out "Und" and there were no attractive words that came to mind lol

[MENTION=92341]Pippilotta[/MENTION] so Defy is the one at the bottom you were looking at?

Latest posts