MACina

Happy Cherry, Cosmos and Aventure are finally mine
th_thstars.gif

Have only played with Happy Cherry yet and loveeeeeeeeee it
eyelove.gif

Elegant....as always you were so right! It is stunning
heart.gif

Monsy

no pics or swatches of the new holiday powder/blushes? i am so curious about rose gold one (i know i sound like a broken record)

Darby

I just found a short clip of a couple of the holiday items on Instagram. But I am new here and I don't know how to post it and give credit etc. it looked like a nail polish and a quick glimpse at eyeshadows.

elkaknits

last years swatches starting showing up mid sept. By this time last year we had bloggers swatches of the lipsticks. I am actually getting frustrated with google because I type in dior holiday and they take me to the revamped dior lipsticks instead of the actual holiday collection and diorific takes me to last years offerings.... how do you gals with google fu find your swatches? And please work your google fu magic cus I want to see if some of the holiday colors are repromotes or just a lack of creative naming. Namely Diva lipstick and Marilyn Nail Polish {which I will stash more of if it is a repromote cus hello
eyelove.gif
} Thank goodness I am not a powder or eye gal cus the 6 lipsticks and 3 nail polishes are already killing my budget

elkaknits

not swatches but blogger [not dior promo] photos ... le sigh please please please I am planning on making my nordies shopping day the day dior comes out with the holiday collection. I have been saving it up all fracking year!!!

http://theobsessedblog.com/2013/10/09/dior-golden-winter/

Darby

I am dying to see swatches of this collection! I am having the same troubles when googling it. I stopped by my local dior counter yesterday. When I approached the mua and asked her when the holiday collection was going to come out, she just looked at me and goes 'which one.' I explained further and she hands me her card and says, 'I have no idea, haven't heard anything of it. But here is my card. I am the counter assistant manager here and call around Nov first for me details. That's when the collections normally come out.' It's like what??? You don't even know what collection I'm talking about?!?

elkaknits

diorific lipsticks run $36 regularly and I forget what the polishes were last year. I don't expect any special holiday pricing nonsense for the lipsticks since diorifics are part of their permanent line. Just nobody around here carries it! More's the pity. It looks like gypsy has disappeared offline and I have had it on my to buy list.

Darby

I only have ever purchased a few dior products. So I don't know much about the line. I want to get into a little higher end makeup. So when you say these lipsticks are a part of the perm line, do you say that because the formula is the same as the perm line or the shades of the lipsticks are part of the perm?

elkaknits

if you go to dior.com you will find diorifics under their permanent line. These colors are not part of their permanent line so would be limited edition or maybe in the case of diva a new addition to the line. I have yet to see diorific lipsticks at any counter except for the holiday specials even tho other colors of them are available year round online. My mother is a huge dior fan and I have several dior cosmetic bags that she has been gifted over the years {she gave me 3 or 4 of them last year} and I can ask her if she has seen the diorifics carried in her area. She is in Miami and I am in St Louis so there are often things carried in one city that are not carried in another.

digression: for years I had her pick me up the Borghese holiday gift box since no counter in Missouri carries Borghese at all. Now Borghese doesn't even make the holiday gift boxes but until about 10 yrs ago Estee Lauder, Elizabeth Arden, Borghese etc used to have these huge 6 nail polish 6 lipsticks 18 eye shadows mascara a couple of liners etc in a nice box for oh $50-75 with so much of a purchase. Sometimes even more colors. They were absolutely fabulous and I used to buy them from various brands and now you are lucky to get a lipstick and eyeshadow trio or a palette for gifting. Gah I am so old!! Anyway she used to pick me up the Borghese boxes for holidays and now they only have the skin care 'spa" stuff available. I am not even sure they do colors anymore. :C

I will be talking to her this weekend. Just got off the phone with her after an hour of chatting so not going to call her for a few days

PS I totally miss the metal hexagonal lipstick cases. What in the world were they thinking? I am not tempted by their uber generic new cases. Sorry. OMG I really am old.

elkaknits

I just did my nails in Marilyn to commemorate the re-release of the color. Please don't let the bloggers be wrong!

and to be extra obnoxious Diorific in 038 Diva

Darby

I just did my nails in Marilyn to commemorate the re-release of the color.  Please don't let the bloggers be wrong! and to be extra obnoxious Diorific in 038 Diva
The Marilyn nail color looks amazing. I literally want everything in this collection. I am so anxious to see that rose gold powder! I just cannot believe there isn't more info out on this collection then what's already out

elkaknits

it is almost a jelly... I seem to recall one blogger calling it a crelly last year because it was a hybrid. Another blogger put me over the edge {I have something like 100 red nail polishes so I initially was feh about it} when she said it reminded her of something her mother would wear. I know that isn't normally a woo hoo but it does have this really classic elegant feel to it. I think it was mostly sunny's post : http://mostlysunnyblog.com/2012/11/02/dior-marilyn-diorific-vernis-reminds-me-of-my-mom-in-the-best-possible-way/ I do have a weakness for jellys tho. I like how squishy they feel. Which reminds me of my so far this year best beauty purchase: Dior Gel Coat. It makes everything look so cushy. I love it. Perhaps even my number one beauty buy of the past 3 years o.0