Dior Fall 2015- Cosmopolite

GreenEyedAllie

RIP Cosmopolite Pink Stick Blush....it really didn't perform for me. I'm pretty fair, and it did not show very well. It wore off in a couple hours (versus the all-day wear from Coral and Rosewood), and the texture was just off. Disappointed because I was liking the color a lot and didn't have anything like it in my stash. Back to Sephora it went. :(

Meanwhile, still crushing on Rosewood. It's just so easy to wear.

Medgal07

RIP Cosmopolite Pink Stick Blush....it really didn't perform for me. I'm pretty fair, and it did not show very well. It wore off in a couple hours (versus the all-day wear from Coral and Rosewood), and the texture was just off. Disappointed because I was liking the color a lot and didn't have anything like it in my stash. Back to Sephora it went. :(

Meanwhile, still crushing on Rosewood. It's just so easy to wear.
Oh that's too bad. Well at least you have Rosewood & the Coral one
sigh.gif
and they seem to be perfect for you.

Ernie

RIP Cosmopolite Pink Stick Blush....it really didn't perform for me.  I'm pretty fair, and it did not show very well.  It wore off in a couple hours (versus the all-day wear from Coral and Rosewood), and the texture was just off.  Disappointed because I was liking the color a lot and didn't have anything like it in my stash.  Back to Sephora it went. :( Meanwhile, still crushing on Rosewood.  It's just so easy to wear.
That's too bad.
  [COLOR=0000FF]Oh that's too bad.  Well at least you have Rosewood & the Coral one:sigh: [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]and they seem to be perfect for you.[/COLOR]
I need to get Rosewood!

ashievic

I keep checking my bank balance, the that darn money fairy has yet to make a deposit. If I had the funds, I would so had already purchased it....

JerseyGirl

Money fairy is MIA here as well. If anybody catches sight of her let her know she's desperately needed. The pace of these collections is brutal.

ashievic

It was the one, two ht from Chanel. The incredible fall collection, then Blue Notes right afterwards. Toss in Mr. Ford, and my low supply of skin care products. I hope Mr. Ford sticks to his I think it is October or maybe November for the Nior release. As in the navy eyeshadow cream and stuff. I rechecked the release date posted on the product sheets from Chanel for the Holiday. It says November, but we have come to know that means sometime in October, usually.

Any word what is being released for Fashion Night Out??? Last year Armani did the one day only sale of the plum lipstick. In the past Chanel did the liquid liner black with silver sparkles. Got mine in Singapore. Chanel finally released in the States a year (give or take) later. I am guessing that the two Chanel blushes might be a FNO. Pure guessing on my part. Reve d"orient was last years FNO from Chanel.

ashievic

Remember Dior is releasing like 44 shades of the Dior Addict lip product soon. I hate the container, so unless Black Tie is among them, I should be safe.

ashievic

Oh no, you will not get off that easy. Of course there will be incredible vamps, just to taunt me even more.

starletta8

I finally caved and wore my Rouge Dior in Continental yesterday. What am incredible shade!! Perfect late summer to fall transitional shade. And the first Rouge Dior that has worked on me, so finally enjoying the formula.

MissTania

Quote: Originally Posted by Medgal07
girlhaha.gif

Sis you hounded talked me into getting Rosewood and I'm so glad you did. I wore it for Friday date night w/hubs---I absolutely love it!!!

Yay Meddy!
cheerleader.gif
So happy to hear you love it!

I wore mine today for the first time, loved it too! I used Transat to highlight with it, of course, perfect combo
pretty.gif

Medgal07

Yay Meddy!
cheerleader.gif
So happy to hear you love it!

I wore mine today for the first time, loved it too! I used Transat to highlight with it, of course, perfect combo
pretty.gif
That sounds like a beautiful combo. I wore Estée Lauder Illum. Powder Gelée, Modern Mercury, another favorite of mine that was feeling a little neglected.
It looked lovely with Rosewood.

MakeupAli

So pretty, did you try rosewood yet?
Originally Posted by GreenEyedAllie

Has anyone bought metropolis or cosmopolite nail colors? I'm debating it...After a terrible time with an OPI sample from their Venice collection, I took it all off and replaced with CD Lady from the spring...forgot how much I love the formula. Was a dream compared to the OPI.

Yes, I love Dior and Lady is one of their best. Thanks to a beauty angel here in Specktra, I was able to get a back up for my half used bottle of it. I tried Cosmopolite and understood the raves, but even though they are not identical I figured Chanel April would do in a pinch. And I did get Miroir-- better brush, better formula for me than the Chanel.

Medgal07

Originally Posted by GreenEyedAllie

Has anyone bought metropolis or cosmopolite nail colors? I'm debating it...After a terrible time with an OPI sample from their Venice collection, I took it all off and replaced with CD Lady from the spring...forgot how much I love the formula. Was a dream compared to the OPI.

Yes, I love Dior and Lady is one of their best. Thanks to a beauty angel here in Specktra, I was able to get a back up for my half used bottle of it. I tried Cosmopolite and understood the raves, but even though they are not identical I figured Chanel April would do in a pinch. And I did get Miroir-- better brush, better formula for me than the Chanel.
I picked up Metropolis, 701---the green one but I've not yet used it. I have several Dior NPs and I do enjoy the formula.

ashievic

I got the green one too. Great wear time. On me, this was more grey/green then khaki/green if that makes sense. I love the Dior formula for the polish. The base coat I am not thrilled with. If they had more funky colors, I would go bat sh** for this line. As for the other colors in this collection. The silver mirror I have a Chanel that could pass as a twin. The other colors to me are really dupable. But if it the actual formula is your top priority yes, go for it.

Latest posts