Disappointment w/ swaplifting

samtaro

I've been swaplifted twice this month...once on LJ, and once on MUA. I'm really quite depressed, both these girls only had positive feedback before this, and now the negatives are rolling in...it's so depressing!

The one that I paid for, I filed with paypal, but the swap I made, I think I'm just screwed. It's depressing, I swapped a brand new UD face case, and I have nothing to show for it.

What do all of you think about this? Have you had it happen? What action did you take?

Thanks for reading.

Raquel

What's swaplifting? What's LJ and MUA?
th_dunno.gif

Sorry..lol, have no idea what these terms mean.

mac_obsession

Swaplifting is basically stealing from a member of one of the boards, or lj or whatever. Basically people like ********* take your money, or product and send nothing instead of what you agreed on sending. Someone did it to me very recently. Being swaplifted is worse to me than being scammed on ebay, because swapping is based on trust and honesty...These disgusting scabs of wanna be humans are lower than pigshit.
They prey on innocent or new people, or people that dont know the rules of the game, whatever. They should be drawn and quartered. imho of course.

martygreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raquel
What's swaplifting? What's LJ and MUA?
th_dunno.gif

Sorry..lol, have no idea what these terms mean.

I know others have already defined these slang terms for you, but for future reference, if you encounter a lingo term that you don't know, there is a FAQ just for this in the FAQ forum. If something someone posted isn't listed there, feel free to reply to the FAQ with the query, and we'll answer it and add it to the list.

KJam

That really stinks. So sorry to hear about it - I would be highly peeved too!

mrskloo

Have you guys posted this on swaptawk? It's a good way to let people know not to deal with these people. Speaking of knowing, I'm not trying to be nosy, but could you please PM me with their names. I have a few swaps/purchases going on that I'm starting to feel that I might have been swaplifted also, so I just want to double check.

You also might want to file Mail Fraud complaints with this people, if you haven't done so already.

glittergoddess27

This seems to be going on more and more. I posted on here that I had something a member listed in their want ads and thankfully another lovely member who had been swaplifted by this person gave me a heads up. It almost makes me afraid to swap. I know I personally make sure to send a little something extra as well as what was promised. It is a shame that some people are that dishonest. And even sadder that they will ruin it for the rest of us who enjoy swapping.

Latest posts