Discolourations on blushcremes

lianna

Today I checked my Blossoming blushcreme and was really surprised to see patches of yellow discolouration on it. I also checked my Sweet William and it had the same problem, except there were fewer patches on it. I can't figure out why they've turned out like that; my makeup is kept in a drawer away from the sun so it can't be that. They smell ok though but I'm not sure whether I should use them again even though I've wiped off the top already.

Anyone else have the same problem?

libra14

My Sweet William is doing the same thing. it looks and smells fine so I keep using it. What brush do you use? I use my 187 and I think I might have gotten some SFF in the blushcreme, from the 187 of course. I clean it between foundation and blush but maybe I missed some? I don't know.

pinkfeet

Gross...but I think you both should start emailing MAC asap with these problems so they can be aware of any problems with the product just in case its not you ....you never know it might be a production issue or not...

roxybc

** Edit: I guess I missed the "creams" part and only saw the blush in the title, but I guess I might as well ask if anyone has had any discolorations with their regular blushes too**

I've only ever had 2 MAC blushes before, and I won't buy anymore becasue both of them have formed darker discolorations on the top that turn into kind of a hard coating on the top (if that makes sense - it's not really a coating as much as it is a barrier) but once the blush gets discolored like that my blush brush doesn't pick up very much product at all, you really have to rub your brush around quite hard to pick up color.

I told my MA about this the first time it happened and she said it was oil from my face that had transferred from my brushes onto the blush, and that I should scrap off the hard film with a knife (which would waste a ton of product)

The thing is, I wash my powder brushes every week, and this has never happend to me before with any other blushes, so now I won't buy anymore MAC ones even though there are a few I want.

lianna

libra14, I don't use any brushes but I use my fingers with them. But I'm really careful to make sure that they're clean before I touch my blushcremes though.

And I don't think it's the shimmer, the base colour itself seems yellow....

bellaetoile

it could be exposure to certain bacteria? since its a wet product, bacteria could grow in a heartbeat, and moisture usually cultures it. temperature change is another possible contributor. i would definately e-mail mac, perhaps even attach a picture? it sounds like something that could potentially be a problem, especially if its happening to more than one person..

lipgl055

ROXYBC: instead of using a knife to scrape off the film, place scotch tape over the film, works wonders.

roxybc

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipgl055
ROXYBC: instead of using a knife to scrape off the film, place scotch tape over the film, works wonders.

Ohh, thanks for the tip! So I guess you've had this happen too? I think it's kinda wierd that it only happens to my MAC blushes though. Has this happened to anyone else???:confused:

lianna

Yeah maybe I'll email MAC to try and sort this out. The weird thing is that even if it's bacteria, it's strange how it popped up so fast, my blush is less than 2 months old and I've barely touched it...

roxybc

I had a CCB that I only used a couple of times, I didn't like it at all, so I never used it. A few months after not using it I found it in my makeup case and there was this nasty fungusy stuff (like little raised dots) on it. I was telling my MA about how I didn't like the CCB, and it turned all nasty so she told me to bring it in and exchange it for something else...........

I'll never use a cream like product like that again........

libra14

This is the only Mac blush I own. It's also the only cream Mac product I own. I thought this problem was just me doing something wrong. I don't see how it could be moisture because of the way my products are stored. I've only ever used a brush to apply it too. I think I will email Mac about this.I'll let you know what they say.

glittergoddess27

Roxybc,.. I have had that happen to some of my MAC blushes,. but usually as a result of using regular blush on top of a cream product or something,.. but it isnt just MAC,.. My NARS Orgasm got that kind of stuff on the top of it. I use that a lot over my body glow which is cream.

Liz

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxybc
Ohh, thanks for the tip! So I guess you've had this happen too? I think it's kinda wierd that it only happens to my MAC blushes though. Has this happened to anyone else???:confused:

it actually happens when products are used wet or if there is some oil on whatever you're using to apply it. it happens with pressed powders like studio fix when you use a brush wet or a sponge that you have used a lot because of the oils.

72Cosmo

Quote:

Yep, it's happened to me on other brands too. I remember it happened on an Estee Lauder face powder when I first bought it and I returned it.

queenofdisaster

Quote:

yeah it does happen from oil from your face getting onto the blush... especially if you have ever used your fingers... kinda icky it seems but it has happened to some of my eyeshadows b4 too

lianna

Quote:
I had a CCB that I only used a couple of times, I didn't like it at all, so I never used it. A few months after not using it I found it in my makeup case and there was this nasty fungusy stuff (like little raised dots) on it. I was telling my MA about how I didn't like the CCB, and it turned all nasty so she told me to bring it in and exchange it for something else...........

I'll never use a cream like product like that again........

Oh I know because that's happened to some other products of mine which were too old but this isn't fungus, it's just yellow patches which I thought was really weird since my Blossoming is fairly new.

lianna

Nope, and I wiped off the yellow patches so yeah, I'll just have to wait for MAC to get back to me.