Discontinued 272 Brush vs. 217 Brush

Leven

hey everyone
smiles.gif

I'm in love...with the 272 brush, its perfect for crease work (especially on people with smaller eyes) and its so damn soft. The angle on the brush works very well. i would buy 10 more if i could.

the problem is, Mac discontinued it
nope.gif

Sooooooo, iv'e heard great things about the 217 Brush and that it is similar to the 272. Could anyone confirm or deny this for me? It just looks A LOT bigger and i'm not a fan of big eyeshadow brushes (FYI i absolutely HATE the 224 brush, way to large and clumsy).

Thanks

ThePostcardOrg

In my opinion they are not even the slightest bit similar.. But here are some pictures, and you can be the judge
smiles.gif

Photo10.jpg

Photo17.jpg

217 to the left and 272 to the right
smiles.gif

Hth
smiles.gif

Leven

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePostcardOrg
In my opinion they are not even the slightest bit similar.. But here are some pictures, and you can be the judge
smiles.gif

Photo10.jpg

Photo17.jpg

217 to the left and 272 to the right
smiles.gif

Hth
smiles.gif

Thank you
smiles.gif

Wow, the 217 is hardly even angled
ssad.gif
I guess i might just have to look at other brands brushes to see if i can find any dupes.

erine1881

the 217 doesn't have an angle at all. i wouldn't say they're similar either. but, the 217 is THE BEST BRUSH EVER!!!

i would definately check it out if i were you.

Leven

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePostcardOrg
I'd actually suggest the 239. It has the same basic shape and siza as 272, except it is not angled, but it still does a good job in the crease area.
Another one would be an angled brush from Coastalscents (Coastal Scents: Chisel Angle Fluff Shadow Brush) Its a bit smaller, and a tinsy bit flimsier, but for the price it is a nice alternative
smiles.gif

I have the 239, but haven't tried it in the crease yet. I'm too busy packing shadow on the the lid with it
smiles.gif

And I have been meaning to get the 217 anyways, so i will see about it then.

GlamQueen21

I have the 272 brush and I love it! I'm hoping that my CCO will have it so I can get another one. The 217 has been on my lemmings list for so long!

LMD84

i do like the 217 brush - good for crease work. however as Erine said it's not really like the 272 sadly. i'm sure i have an angled brush from mac though... but with brown hair.... the 275! is that similar to what you'd like?

Leven

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i do like the 217 brush - good for crease work. however as Erine said it's not really like the 272 sadly. i'm sure i have an angled brush from mac though... but with brown hair.... the 275! is that similar to what you'd like?

Good call.

I'm finding that i like angled brushes for the crease nowadays as opposed to a circular on.

Swirlgirl

I find the MAC 272 is almost identical to the Sigma SS 275. The only downfall though is I don't think you can order Just the SS275 by itself - I think it has to be in either an eye kit or their full brush set. Otherwise, they are practically the same brush. If you click on a pic you can see a supersized image.
tong.gif

Leven

Im gonna have to check it out Swirgirl. I appreicate the images
smiles.gif

But i would expect nothing less from a fellow Tori fan
tong.gif

hello_kitty

See if there's a CCO near you... I picked up an extra 272 brush at mine because I love mine as well (but I don't use mine for the crease really... but now I'm intrigued to try it!)

macaddict83

I believe that Enkore has a video on comps for MAC brushes. I think you can find an artist brush that dupes for the 272. I have also seen the 217 on display @ CCO, but were sold out of it for purchase.

Latest posts