Discontinued Meltdown...

Ladydee91500

So I've been going through my Mac collection trying to rotate in some new old stuff of mine and I'm doing a small comparison of what I can still get and what I can't ... So I'm just upset over and over - I know I spend a considerable amount of time collecting LE stuff but in my beginnings in 2002 and 2003 I wasn't so obsessed with LEs and thought I bought a bunch of perm stuff that would be around FOREVER - so not the case.

SnowGirl l/g
Gold Charm l/g
Impish l/g

Brill e/s

Bee Dust iridescent powder ( i thought was perm )

and my new OOO (object of obsession) the Lip Lacquers which I'm tracking down

And I'm still going through things - Ugh I'm so upset... I was just wondering if anyone else has items that are GONE but not forgotten or have just figured they can no longer purchase once perm items....

anita22

I really liked La La Libertine and Poetique lipglasses, which were both discontinued. Also I really wanted to get Quite Natural Paint Pot (which I now see has the triangle of death next to it on the MAC UK site). But you know, other products will always come around... there are sooo many makeup products in the world, and MAC is always launching new stuff, I just console myself that I will find other stuff I love. (Plus, I have so much stuff already, I have a hard enough time rotating through it all as it is.. I have to make an effort to give everything enough love as it is!). I have several backups of items, but you know what, I have never once opened any of them!

xxManBeaterxx

oh.gif
i thought you were talking about meltdown the lipstick :p

TISH1124

I get so much of my DC'd and LE's at the CCO I really don't give it much thought anymore....

boudoirblonde

I LOVE llama e/s
ssad.gif
I don't know if it was part of the perm collection, but I think it was. It the PERFECT match to my skintone, so its fantastic as a non-shimmer highlight/all over wash to neutralise my lids. Brule e/s is similar, but not the same
ssad.gif

I also wish I never got Sweet & Single l/s from Barbie, its like THE BEST l/s ever, I've found an ok dupe in Hot Gossip l/s but, again, its not the same
ssad.gif

Spikesmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by boudoirblonde
I LOVE llama e/s
ssad.gif
I don't know if it was part of the perm collection, but I think it was. It the PERFECT match to my skintone, so its fantastic as a non-shimmer highlight/all over wash to neutralise my lids. Brule e/s is similar, but not the same
ssad.gif

I love Llama e/s too.
ssad.gif

Ladydee91500

Yea brill is totally one of my favs ever - I actually just got my mom to relinquish hers to me since she never uses it. YAY!!!

My other one I miss terribly is Wuss l/s - the mac chat ppl said that Eden Rocks is similar but I still miss it
ssad.gif

I totally remember Llama - it was on my wish list and I just never had a chance to grab it.

Ladydee91500

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomkitteh
They discontinued premeditated ccb and I never thought they'd do it.
ssad.gif

Damn man - that was also on my list
ssad.gif
btw - love the avatar of the piggie!!

Oh and I found another thing thats long gone

MAC's pro longwear lustre lippie in Luv-4-Ever its this pinkyish coral-y color - which I love so sooo soooo much. booooo. lol I don't really see any of the others out there that are similar

redwhiteblue

I absolutely adore orangedecence. ( I probably misspelled it but whatever)
I am hoping that queen bee from naked honey will be a decent sub and I can buy like 10 of them

abbyquack

I've been lemming for some of the old fluidlines like lithograph and nightfish. I'd pick em up on ebay but they're kinda over priced imo! But it has been fun to check out the cco, because they've got some htf products that have been great finds for me! Especially since I've not really been into the "mac hype" for too long.

glasswillow

Just one for me, but it's a big one.... Mineralism e/s. Out of my entire e/s collection, that one is my favorite. It's the one I wear most often. It's the perfect color for a neutral look. And it's gone
ssad.gif
I'm sure it was part of the regular line at one point b/c I've seen pro pans. I've still got one untouched back-up, but when I hit pan on that, the freaking out will officially begin
wtff.gif

Ladydee91500

the CCOs are great! Just found the N lippies in one of mine and picked up 2 l/g and l/s.

The really really really old stuff though - I wish they'd repromote - it's like new to those who are newer to MAC and its de ja yum to those of us that miss the old loves of our lives.

Mineralize - not sure I remember this one much - how long ago did they discontinue it?

glasswillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladydee91500
Mineralize - not sure I remember this one much - how long ago did they discontinue it?

You mean Mineralism? It would have to have been discontinued in '06 at least, but probably earlier. It was a lustre e/s (but one w/ good color payoff and a nice soft texture). Kind of a shimmery light taupe with silver sparkles

Ladydee91500

oh it sounds so pretty - I was so hard core into MAC then that I almost wonder if I've got it - doesn't sound too familiar but I might - i just have soo many.

Latest posts