Discount MAC, Fakes?

Paramnesia

I noticed the other day there was MAC lipsticks for $15 at one of those discount perfume places. I don't normally wear lipstick so I won't be buying any but just thought I'd mention it to you girls and hear your opinions. This was in Geelong.

Paramnesia

It was a discount perfume stand in one of the malls. I just noticed them the other day, I don't want to buy any was just surprised they'd be selling MAC.

panda0410

discount perfume... I have a Homer Simpson moment each time I hear those two words together
drools.gif
LOL!!

I prob would have staye away from the MAC too, though I'm sure I would have had a good look too - curiosity and all that jazz
sneaky.gif

rockin26

If you see them again I'd quiz the stand owner as to where they came from and then scrutinize the product. You know heaps about MAC so you'd surely be able to spot a fake, then I'd report them to MAC HQ Australia.

Fakes really piss me off
angry.gif

Jade M

If you want you can p/message me with the details and I will pass them on. Last week I reported a 'MAC' sale that was being promoted on a facebook group to HO and it got forwarded to the authorities for investigation - as it was most likely either stolen or counterfeit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade M
If you want you can p/message me with the details and I will pass them on. Last week I reported a 'MAC' sale that was being promoted on a facebook group to HO and it got forwarded to the authorities for investigation - as it was most likely either stolen or counterfeit.

Hahah, I did this too, probably for the same group!

Basically unless you buy from a department store counter or MAC store or MAC website, you are taking a risk, as 90% of the 'MAC' elsewhere is counterfeit. MAC does not wholesale.

Paramnesia

Hey Jade M I'll pm you when I get more details on the place, I can't even remember what its called.

I assumed they'd be fake, I wouldn't buy from those stands anyway.

iluvmakeup7

its disappointing many places sell FAKE MAC and other cosmetics when others actually do sell the real stuff.
i had it happen to me once and it wasn't nice. got my money back afterall.