Disguising lip cracks? Smoother lips

Septemba

I've recently noticed that I've got more lip cracks/lines on my lips than I thought I did. No biggie, but it makes some lippies look a bit dry/tired...
ssad.gif

Is there any way to fill them in or disguise them?

Gloss helps a bit... I was thinking of maybe a lip primer? Any recs or ideas?

TIA guys
smiles.gif

kimmy

sally hansen makes a thing called line fix that should help.
smiles.gif
you can get it at walgreens, cvs, pretty much any durgstore that has a cosmetics department.

your lips might just be dry, so you might want to try moisturizing and exfloliating them. sleeping with vaseline on them is good, and for daytime you can use something like rosebud salve (i just got the brambleberry rose one at sephora and it is AMAZING) to keep them moisturized...that should help cut down on those fine lines.
winks.gif

kariii

I use MAC lip prep+prime, only thing though if you're lining your lips, line first, then prep and prime then lipstick! HTH

Simply Elegant

If the lines just seemed to happen out of nowhere, your lips are probably just dry. If they've deepened and gotten more noticable, then it's more than just dryness. I always use lipbalm at night and my lips are never dry.

GlamQueen21

If my lips are really dry and chapped, I use my L'oreal H.I.P. Jelly Balm and apply them on my lips and brush my lips with a toothbrush and I apply lipgloss afterwards. It really works.

Kuuipo

I use Lip Fusion XL overnight and Lip Fusion over my lipstick. It swells the lips and the lines on them and around them without burning, it has collagen that transfers into your lips via microspheres, and hyaluronic acid.It works better for me than balm, and I have been using it for three years now and I have bigger, softer, smoother lips. If you don't believe me, check the reviews on MakeUp Alley. It works, big time.

MissMochaXOXO

Lanolin based lip products are suppose to be best. I wouldn't touch my skin with lanolin, but I have to admit it's true that it smooths lips like no other! It's just a really heavy moistrurizer and it's too much unless ur skin is like really really dry but for lips, it's a miracle! I use a lip balm that is lanolin based and it keeps my lips in perfect condition! Even better then expensive stuff I've tried.

j_absinthe

It's important to keep your lips constantly moisturized, especially during the fall/winter.

Face Atelier makes this stuff called Lip Putty which is supposedly amazing at filing in cracks and lines before putting on lipstick.

kittykit

I always keep my lips moisturised all year round. Before putting on lipstick/lipgloss, I always apply lipbalm first. I use Vichy Intensive Care For Dried Out Lips.

macfan1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septemba
I've recently noticed that I've got more lip cracks/lines on my lips than I thought I did. No biggie, but it makes some lippies look a bit dry/tired...
ssad.gif

Is there any way to fill them in or disguise them?

Gloss helps a bit... I was thinking of maybe a lip primer? Any recs or ideas?

TIA guys
smiles.gif

I have had eczema all my life and my lips crack easily (especially on either side of my mouth). What has worked for me is MAC Lip Balm. I slather a generous amount before going to bed and put a coat on in the morning while I am putting on my makeup. During the day, I reapply a small amount every time I need to touch up my lipstick. I can guarantee that if you do this for 2 days, you'll be good.

Let me know how it goes.
thmbup.gif

Septemba

Thank you for all your help, everyone
smiles.gif

I bought p+p lip but it didn't seem to fill in much for me, really focusing on moisturizing my lips has been helping. It's not chronic, but I'm a perfectionist!!

Frosts and lippies with shimmer were giving me the most trouble but I found a way to help it. I apply a small amount of glass *before* the lipstick and it really seems diffuse all the cracks and make it more flattering. I think glasses are the best because of the stickiness, the lippies really cling/mix with them and sit on top of the gloss rather than pooling in the lines! I was so happy to discover that, had a bunch of frosts and shimmers I was going to give away but now I can keep them and enjoy them!

Blushbaby

I apply Carmex religiously. Burts Bees lipbalm's good too. Make sure you apply before going to bed as your lips can dry out as you're sleeping.

VDUB*BELLA

I have super dry lips in the winter time and at night I slather on Polysporin Lip Therapy. It comes in a little pot and its medicated for chapped lips. In the morning I wake up with baby soft lips. During the day Carmex is my best friend
polysporin-lip-therapy_1208807151_LRG.png

Latest posts