Disinfecting Lip Gloss Pot?

_tiffany

I just got Pink Fish Lip Conditioner and have been applying it with my fingers. Is there a way to disinfect the lip gloss without ruining it? T.I.A.

L1LMAMAJ

I don't have the lip gloss but depending on the consistency of it, u might be able to run some alcohol on it. I've seen videos on youtube about disinfecting lipsticks by dipping it in alcohol but lip gloss is different. I would say use alcohol on it if it's thick lip gloss, not the runny kind. If the lip gloss is runny, then i don't know. Sorry. Good luck!

Zoffe

There's no way of disinfecting a gloss.

Using alcohol on the top will not help since the bacteria isn't just at the top when it's a gloss.

anita22

Isn't the point of having preservatives in makeup to help prevent things from growing in there anyway? Perhaps you could just remove any part you have touched with your fingers, and then apply using a clean applicator from now on?

xxManBeaterxx

^ Yup the preservatives in the gloss should slow down bacterial growth so that you get a good long use of the product before it goes bad. I think the only way to disenfect it is to remove a good portion of the top layer in the jar, alcohol kills bacteria but it could ruin the product. If you want to preserve your lipgloss for a long time i would invest in a lip brush
smiles.gif