Dissapointed in Vanilla Pigment ... Does a true white pigment exist?

Nej

So I finally bought my first pigment and decided upon Vanilla as it usually gets the most votes for a must-have pigment. I bought it to be used as an everyday highlighter and after a few wears I'm dissapointed
ssad.gif
I think as a inner eye highlighter it's just too golden for my taste and it was the only one I found that seemed neutral enough to be used for my purposes ...

Am I missing something here? Or are there just no true 'white' pigments available from Mac?

Odette

You can get pure white (matte) or white (pearl) pigments from MAC pro.
Not sure if you have a MAC Pro in Alberta but you could always place an order over the phone.

LMD84

pure white is a nice white pigment which is actually just white! but yes it's pro only but i picked mine up at a cco in florida
smiles.gif

Nej

Are the pro stores the same as the free standing (non-dept) stores? I always thought they were the same thing .... Actually now that you mention it they probably aren't as the free-standing store on Robson in Vancouver has a TON of crazy products I've never seen in any of the free standing stores here. I'll have to pop by that one when I'm in Van next week and check it out!

sleepyhead

white is probably what you are looking for. or maybe even white gold.

Frost is a really frosty/sparkly white, but i think it might have been discontinued.

InspiredBlue

Pro stores and regular freestanding stores are not the same. There is a search function on macpro.com where you can find pro locations in each country.
winks.gif

HOTasFCUK

Have you tried White Frost? I know it was LE but i'm sure you can still find it. Its pure white but like the name, very frosty as opposed to matte.

ETA: Sorry i just looked at what i wrote and its actually supposed to be Quick Frost. I think it was from the Rushmetal collection i few years ago and when i checked my pigments yesterday, i realized i gave you the wrong name.

rhondavancouver

Didn't love vanilla? Glad I'm not the only one here! It was my first pigment as well... I knew it was golden and had some shimmer. But for me, it just has too much shimmer. I only use it in the inner corner now. Really wish I had purchased a sample of it first, before spending money on a full jar which I'll barely use..
ssad.gif

Have you thought about getting Gesso e/s instead of a pigment? It's white and has great pigmentation since it's a matte finish! I know it's not shimmery, but shimmer can always be added, never taken away!

lipglossdiaries

I just bought Vanilla a couple of days ago, and didn't even know it had a gold undertone to it! I was impulse buying, lol.

Anyways, to answer your question, I believe that Frozen White is just white.

MACATTAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipglossdiaries
I just bought Vanilla a couple of days ago, and didn't even know it had a gold undertone to it! I was impulse buying, lol.

Anyways, to answer your question, I believe that Frozen White is just white.

Frozen White has a blue undertone/sheen to it.

DarkGlamourXO

It's not a pigment but White Frost e/s is really beautiful and white. Vanilla is more on the yellowy side. It will last you forever it's so pigmented.

Nej

I need to remember to try things WHERE I'm going to be using them
smiles.gif
I think Vanilla will be gorgeous on my lids but I was looking to use to specifically as in inner eye highlighter. It looked way different on my hands than it did by my tearducts ... more like misplaced shadow haha

martiangurll

You can get Pro white which is matte white probably on ebay. Frost is a beautiful white with blue reflects.

If you are not set on your pigment being white, check out Coastal Scents, I am betting they have a white matte piggie...