DIY haircoloring

misslexuh

Hello- I posted before about changing my now blonde locks to brown. I am still not sure on what shade of brown, but definately not something too dark on my fair skin. I really dont want to spend the money to get it done in a salon and want to *cringes* do-it-myself at home.

Could someone recommend a long lasting, non fading, nice box hair color??

Ive had the trouble with at home colors fading really fast... if I applied the color now and again in a few weeks.. would that help its staying power???

thank you thank you in advance =)

kayla

great post!!! well i could give you advice on which ones not to buy. lol. i just used the garnier 100% color in a dark brown to put underneath my blonde. i did it last week and it has already faded and you can barely tell the contrast
ssad.gif
nice and easy also fades fast. i did have good luck with herbal essences. it was more $$$ so you pretty much get what you pay for. i would recommend going with a more expensive one b/c in the end it will be worth it. good luck and dont forget to post pics!!!!

Dreamergirl3

I've tried only two box hair colors, but here's been my experience with both: Revlon Color Silk...I hated. Color was a bit unpredictable, and faded FAST and it was very flat...my hair was matte for the longest time, but it was ok cuz it washed out easily. Then I used Clairol Textures & Tones...I loved it! Though its marketed toward "women of color" I used it just fine and my hair felt better after I colored it than before, and I lightened it too! It also has no ammonia, and extra conditioners...my hair came out exactly like it was on the box. It was cheap too, at target it was only 3.99. The colors are also intermixable so you can make your own shade if you like. Here's a link:http://www.thecreativestudio.com/mai...olor/tt_family
and you can buy them here
http://www.cachebeauty.com/african_american.htm
but the ones I used were in the new looking boxes. I used Light Golden Brown.
The color didn't fade for the LONGEST time and my hair was soft and shiny after. HTH

so_siqqq

If the color is fading fast (well semi-perm only lasts a month or two) try doing a hot oil treatment the day before you dye it. By doing this it'll help the hair shaft to hold the color better.