DIY palette?

lilibat

I have been very disappointed in palette options I have found. I want a bigger one for shadows but so far the quality of all the palettes I have found with 20+ slots for eyeshadows have been crap. 15 just isn't enough for me & I'd rather have a bigger one that juggle 2.

As a result I am going to work on making a nice solid one to hold 40 eyeshadows & 6 blushes (I only just started wearing blush). It's not that big, actually. only 10 inches by 8 inches.

I plan to make it out of thin wood, one for the bottom, then a magnetic sheet, then the layer with holes for the pots, and finally a lid. We have wood working tools. I plan to make it a bit steampunk, actually, with brass hardware and filigree. I hope to make 2, one for everyday use and one for travel.

Has anyone else ever made their own?

thelimabean

No, although i've always wanted to de-palette the shadows from my book of shadows 1&2. But that's good you're so creative
greengrin.gif
Good luck!

nullified

Beyond just pulling the divider out of a MAC palette (I do this for other brands that dont fit in the slots like MUFE, Urban Decay, etc) I havent made my own palettes, so itd be interesting to see what you come up with. Sounds beautiful!
greengrin.gif