Do I REALLY Need...

CaveB

Okay, this is my first official Specktra post, and it's something I definitely need help on...Do I really need Lightscapade MSF?!? I am super pale (currently wearing BE in Fair, which is kinda dark) and I am searching for a holy grail highlighter powder, and something to make my skin "glow." I kinda joined the MAC cult a little too late for the Danse collection, and now that I have heard so many wonderful things and seen how gorgeous this product is, I have almost convinced myself that it is worth the crazy eBay price. Is it something I really need or am I just giving in to a crazy obsession with this random product? I also have my eye on Petticoat, but I am worried about it being to warm on my cool and pasty complexion. What do you girls think? For reference, I will add my picture to my profile (just in case) and am really looking forward to any input possible! Thanks so much!

-Chelsea

talste

Nah, it's not the best highlighter out there. I'ved used mine once or twice only, lol. I actually prefer the highlighter that came out with the sculpt & shape duo otherwise I usually reach for Laura Geller blush N Brighten or Nars albatross.

BTW: For reference I'm NW20 so a bit darker than you, I think.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaveB
Okay, this is my first official Specktra post, and it's something I definitely need help on...Do I really need Lightscapade MSF?!? I am super pale (currently wearing BE in Fair, which is kinda dark) and I am searching for a holy grail highlighter powder, and something to make my skin "glow." I kinda joined the MAC cult a little too late for the Danse collection, and now that I have heard so many wonderful things and seen how gorgeous this product is, I have almost convinced myself that it is worth the crazy eBay price. Is it something I really need or am I just giving in to a crazy obsession with this random product? I also have my eye on Petticoat, but I am worried about it being to warm on my cool and pasty complexion. What do you girls think? For reference, I will add my picture to my profile (just in case) and am really looking forward to any input possible! Thanks so much!

-Chelsea

No but if you want it you should check your closest CCO...The one in Allen, TX had it last week and I purchased it for a few people on here. That way you can try it on in the store and only pay $17

girlsaidwhat

I'm super-pale and my go-to highlighter is vanilla pigment. I adore the stuff and use it every day! Maybe buy a sample of it from one of our lovely specktraettes and see if it blows your skirt up like it does mine! :p

Kiss and Makeup

I'm roughly the same coloring as you (hair and eyes included!) and I wear Petticoat over my blush sometimes to highlight. It's a gorgeous color I love it!

I don't have the highlighter you're talking about, but I've seen it, and I found it lackluster (pardon the pun). I use Strobe Cream as highlighter under my foundation. It shows through my foundation AND powder, and gives my cheeks the shimmer they need for highlight. I just put it at the very top of my cheekbones on the outer 1/2 and up toward my temple. It looks really natural and it's my HG highlighter.

jdechant

I also just got petticoat (as my first msf) and I LOVE IT!! I think that everyone should own this!! Its a soft pink, and you can darken it up if you want, or just put it on sparringly to make a nice soft pinky glow...its sooo pretty!!

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdechant
I also just got petticoat (as my first msf) and I LOVE IT!! I think that everyone should own this!! Its a soft pink, and you can darken it up if you want, or just put it on sparringly to make a nice soft pinky glow...its sooo pretty!!

Ditto on the Petticoat...I have this and just bought a back-up...
Petticoat and Warmed are my staples now.

Penn

I've never used lightscapade but I don't think you should fork out the crazy ebay price for it. There's a lot of great highlighters out there, have you tried vanilla pigment? It's an awesome highlighter, sometimes I even use eyeshadow to highlight, it may seem weird but it works pretty great. I've also heard great things about Nars Albatross. HTH
smiles.gif

rachybloom

I'm the only one on here who's gonna say it.. but yes. I use this stuff everyday. It's beautiful, fabulous, and just perfect for me. I'm very fair as well, and I love it because it's the only highlighter that I've found that is not too shimmery but literally just.. glows. I have a ton of other highlighters (Benefit High Beam, Smashbox Soft Lights, etc) and I always reach for Lightscapade. Unfortunately, I am almost out so I try to use it sparingly. If you can afford it, I'd recommend it.. but that's just me.

kimmy

i bought lightscapade when it came out and i was super, super pale. it didn't work for me at all and i ended up selling it here not too long ago. i think nars albatross is probably a better investment; or vanilla pigment like girlsaidwhat has suggested, but only if you like alot of shimmer.

candycane80

I would skip Lightscapade I am super pale (almost albino) and I hate it, it looks chalky on not glowy at all. I have Petticoat I would say you have to have it. It is really beautiful if you are worried about it being too much apply with a really light hand. I love Petticoat it is sooo pretty!

CaveB

Thanks everyone for the responses! I'm still on the fence, but I'm gonna check out some of the alternatives mentioned here for sure! And I am just gonna have to suck it up and drive to Allen (about an hour drive) and see what they have. Hopefully they will still have some in stock, but if not I 'm sure I could find many other things I just have to have! Ha ha ha! Seems like there is always something I just need from MAC. TISH1127, did they have many left last week? Thanks so much ladies! I really appreciate the input!

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaveB
Thanks everyone for the responses! I'm still on the fence, but I'm gonna check out some of the alternatives mentioned here for sure! And I am just gonna have to suck it up and drive to Allen (about an hour drive) and see what they have. Hopefully they will still have some in stock, but if not I 'm sure I could find many other things I just have to have! Ha ha ha! Seems like there is always something I just need from MAC. TISH1127, did they have many left last week? Thanks so much ladies! I really appreciate the input!

You know I don't know because they keep them in drawers behind the counter....But I'm making a run out there tomorrow so I will check

Latest posts