Do I want to be Perky? ;)

iheartangE

Okay so everyone I know is like, stark raving mad about Perky Paint Pot from the Fafi collection. It's really pretty, and I keep thinking I should just go ahead and buy it because I love how it looks, but here are my two main concerns:

1. I have Canton Candy paint and I'm making up that Perky would look really close to that, or at least, since I use my Paint Pots as bases, it wouldn't alter the colors of my shadows so much from Canton Candy that I can't really justify owning both.

2. I don't really know what I would use it for, like what shadows to put over it or to combine it with, etc...it just seems tricky to me.

Okay so this is where all of you absolutely incredible Spektrettes come in. Should I get Perky? If you have it, what do you think of it? If you have both Perky and Canton Candy, do you use enough of them both independently?

This is all bearing in mind that I am a poor college student who just leased her first car, of course. Haha! THANK YOU all in advance-you wonderfully gorgeous human beings, you
smiles.gif

nunu

I passed on perky because i have fresco rose paint pot.

i am sorry as i am no help to you at all but that's exactly how i feel about rollickin paint pot, i have otherwordly paint pot and that is why i passed on rolickin but now i am in two minds, should i get it or not
th_dunno.gif

glam8babe

well im actually glad i got perky it looks like a salmon colour in the pot with a tint of pink but when you apply it .. it goes on like a frosty pale pink its soo pretty!!! plus i reckon paint pots work MUCH better than paints, when i got my first paint i thought it was amazing but then i moved to UDPP and paint pots and i dont know what i was thinking with the paints, paint pots make colours more vibrant and i find that normal paints dont do that

so i say go for it! plus if u find you dont like it you could always sell it or do a swap?

gigglegirl

i only have the paintpots (not Canton Candy) and here'll be my rationale.

Perky is very pretty coral-y--and I swatched similar pp's i have on my hand. IMO Fresco Rose is very pinky, then perky is between fresco and rubenesque (a more peachy colour). It definitely looks like a colour b/w these two perm. ones but I do wish perhaps I had passed on perky as Fresco and Rubenesque can satisfy my colour base cravings (Fresco for more pink colours, Rubenesque for peachy-golds).

IMO if you miss this, I'm sure there will be more paintpots to come, and MAC has definitely made them creamier/better formulations so I can only imagine they will improve.

That said I love me paintpots and the ones from Fafi rock (I bought Girl Friendly which is the more matte version of Fresco) but as I love pinks/neutrals all these paintpots rock!

revinn

The great thing about Perky is that you can also use it as a cream blush (super pretty).

iheartangE

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
I passed on perky because i have fresco rose paint pot.

i am sorry as i am no help to you at all but that's exactly how i feel about rollickin paint pot, i have otherwordly paint pot and that is why i passed on rolickin but now i am in two minds, should i get it or not
th_dunno.gif

I feel ya, girlie! I don't have a blue or teal p/p yet but I think I'm gonna go with Delft when I have some extra cash, if that ever happens, haha! I think rollickin is shimmery whereas otherworldly isn't, right? So I guess that might affect the outcome...I don't know, I don't envy your decision though haha
winks.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by revinn
The great thing about Perky is that you can also use it as a cream blush (super pretty).

That is an excellent point!

browneyedbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartangE
...Okay I just got back from the mall and I totally bought Perky. Whew!

Good choice! My quick and easy look atm is perky all over the lid, nylon to highlight, smoulder eye pencil, mascara and I'm good to go!

drebaby

i have been debating on perky or rubenesque paint pot..i keep seeing reviews that perky doesnt really show up and if thats the case im wondering if it will show up on my nc50 skin. i have peppier e/s so im looking for something to go under that and whatever other coral like colors i come across!

iheartangE

Quote:
Originally Posted by drebaby
i have been debating on perky or rubenesque paint pot..i keep seeing reviews that perky doesnt really show up and if thats the case im wondering if it will show up on my nc50 skin. i have peppier e/s so im looking for something to go under that and whatever other coral like colors i come across!

I have Peppier too and Perky looks like a less pink version of Peppier in my opinion. I think with all Paint Pots, they go on fairly sheer but you can layer to your liking. If you use a brush like the 242 or the 252 they go on more opaque than if you use something like the 217 or your finger.

But I would say if you're using it as a base under coral shadows like Peppier, it will definitely show up on you...if you are looking to use it by itself though you might not get it to be bright enough. It will still make the powder shadow pop, in my opinion
smiles.gif
HTH!

drebaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartangE
I have Peppier too and Perky looks like a less pink version of Peppier in my opinion. I think with all Paint Pots, they go on fairly sheer but you can layer to your liking. If you use a brush like the 242 or the 252 they go on more opaque than if you use something like the 217 or your finger.

But I would say if you're using it as a base under coral shadows like Peppier, it will definitely show up on you...if you are looking to use it by itself though you might not get it to be bright enough. It will still make the powder shadow pop, in my opinion
smiles.gif
HTH!

Thanks...i went and got the perky!

Jello89

I was about to buy fresco rose, and at the cash, randomly decided on perky. Than I was a bit skeptical but now I dont regret it at all. It goes on as a nice pinky color and you can match it with greys, purples, other pinks, cream colors and redish colors kinda like cranberry

mreichert

I love my Perky p/p- it's a gorgeous color, goes on so smoothly, and is much more versatile than Fresco Rose or Rubanesque
smiles.gif