Do Indian Women Want Lighter Skin?

cupcake_x

*Sigh*

It was a very interesting article- Although it saddens me that women can't love themselves for who they are! I think ALL skin colors are absolutely beautiful.

I do understand the whole "fairer staying inside/darker being outside in the fields" thing, but I feel like it should have never mattered to begin with.

Shadowy Lady

I haven't been to India but I do have two Indian friends and they have been there many times and have told me stories of ppl wanting to be lighter. One of these girls' moms even told me years ago that I should go to India as Indian men will love me coz I'm fair and lovely!!! (btw, I'm not even that fair, but I guess it's a relative term)

sedated_xtc

Quote:
Originally Posted by tottycat
So, it's not just pale redheads that have tons of freckles! I have just as many, but they are not as noticeable because I am not extremely pale

Me too!!! I've got Asian skin with slight yellow undertones but around my cheekbones, I have some spotty freckles and they really annoy me. I admit to buying some of these whitening creams/masks before but it's because I use them to try to even out my skin tone and imo, I feel that a slightly fairer complexion works better with the makeup I put on.
th_dunno.gif

And as a side note, I flipped through my Maclean's from last week (I think it was last week) and came upon this article, which is imo, similar to the first article and it scares me that it's so common for advertisers to demean other people based on the colour of their skin to promote their product.

I'm all for capitalism in some respects, but when this happens it just makes me sad.
thmbdn.gif

Here's the online link to the article I was talking about if anybody's interested!!!
Macleans.ca » Blog Archive The quest for a lighter shade of pale «

Latest posts