• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Do it Yourself: Primer Potion

Blueeyesangel18

Yes this got me excited too
greengrin.gif
I had to share, I seen this in a video on youtube I don't remember who but credit goes to them anyway
thmbup.gif

You only need two ingredients:
1. Your everyday moisturiser
2. A concealer stick or liquid

A jar to keep some of the mixture in

Method:

1. Smash up a small amount of concealer into the jar or if using liquid concealer pour a small amount into the jar.
2. Pour in one or two small pumps of moisturiser (never mix more than twice the amount of concealer it will be too greasy.
3. Mix together and tada diy primer potion
yahoo.gif

I have made mine up but I will wear it tomorrow under my shadow and see how it holds up, I'm so excited (sad huh?)
choochoo.gif

Hope you enjoyed this tutorial, thanks dolls
specktra_rocks.gif

heidik

have your tried your homemade primer yet? just curious to how it worked out for you
smiles.gif

Azul

I read on another board that this really works, haven't tried it my self but hey it wouldn't hurt.

feeorin

I don't understand, it's just like putting concealer or foundation on the lid, what's the point of mixing when you can use your foundation? using foundation isn't even wasteful because you need very little for both eyes

xxainixx

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeorin
I don't understand, it's just like putting concealer or foundation on the lid, what's the point of mixing when you can use your foundation? using foundation isn't even wasteful because you need very little for both eyes

same sentiment. i really dont get the theory.
th_confused_new.gif

astarael7

i saw something similar to this on youtube, except the girl on youtube used body butter...?? wouldn't this have a kind of opposite effect i.e. make your lids very greasy and thus make your shadow move/slip off completely?

Almond_Eyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxainixx
same sentiment. i really dont get the theory.
th_confused_new.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by astarael7
i saw something similar to this on youtube, except the girl on youtube used body butter...?? wouldn't this have a kind of opposite effect i.e. make your lids very greasy and thus make your shadow move/slip off completely?

Yeah... it would seem to depend on the type of moisturizer you use, you couldn't just use anything. I use Nivea Creme when my skin is really dry but that would be much too greasy to use as a primer.

User38

what is the cost of your moisturizer and concealer? and does it really pay to save a few dollars by using these up in lieu of purchasing eyelid primer?

doesn't add up to me.

Kragey

Personally, I recommend you just try a good concealer or foundation. Add the moisturizer if your lids are dry. Works for me!
winks.gif

Vixxan

This does not work. I have tried to make homemade eye primer potion using several different concealers and moisturizers and they worked sometimes but most of the time they did not hold up. This week I tested ELF $1 eye primer and it lasted 19 hours. This primer has one small problem. If you use it alone your eyeshadow will not be very vibrant. When used with paint pots and shadow sticks the combination lasted 19 hours without creasing. The Glam Shack: Homeade - Eye Shadow Primer

Geraldine

There is a girl in youtube which makes one using stick concealer, lipgloss (the sticky the better) and liquid foundation and now she uses her home made primer in her tutorials.

I did this same "recipe" and it works. the consistency is more heavy than UDPP or TFSI, but it holds my e/s for more than 9 hours (I took off my make at that point), and I gave some to my housekeeper and she told me she even slept with make up on and the next day the e/s were still in place. I'll post the link of the video here in case you are interested, but it is in spanish.

I would say, compare to UDPP or TFSI, I think these two are best ones I have tried, but the home made primer is a great alternative if you are on a budget, or if you live in places where you cannot find high end brands like UD, TF, Mac, etc. In severl places of Latin America, is very hard to get these products, and the girl in the video gives this "recipe" for those who can't find/afford a high end brand primer. At the end of the video she compares the home made primer with the UDPP:

YouTube - Increible pero Cierto...Cómo Hacer tu Primer para Sombras

Latest posts