do people fall for this?

dollbabybex

although i may be incorrect

the puntuality spelling and claims on this site make me very wary

http://www.freewebs.com/thisismodels/index.htm

someone messaged me on myspace asking me to model

i always ignore messages like this cos they are usually rubbish/dodgy/fake

also this line concerns me u have to pay for the training which u will need if u havent done this before but we do offer to do it on webcam for free the training is for 4 weeks 2 times a week or maybe 3 depends
hmm.gif

then they say how you cant see them on the camera due to confidentiality,so i imagine its gonna be some old man telling them how to pose over the cam...and no doubt lingerie modelling training will be suggested!

ive left comments in the guest book (all deleted) and it makes me panic that girls seem interested in working with 'her'!!

plus in the 'models we have got' (lol) section... the model named jasmine is actually a british glamour model called michelle marsh!!!!

what u think about this? or am i horribly wrong for thinking its a scam!

wolfsong

Gross! Its either - as you say - a dirty old man, or its a money scam. No reputable model agency asks for money (at least straight up). They also dont randomly ask people over the net to join - you ask them.
Edit:
The 'txt' spelling and the freebie half-an-hour-in-the-making website is further proof - no professional business would have either of those.

moonsugar7

1. Free website
2. Spelling mistakes
3. Sounds too good to be true (we give you money just for spending on yourself)
4. Anytime you have to PAY to be a model:

SCAM.

So many people prey off of people that have the dream to be a model. It's insane. I got a view of this 'behind the scenes' with a job I was offered. It was advertised as a recruiter for a new modeling agency. But turns out, they would have completely bogus contests for models (winner wins a contract and some money).

I never saw a winner. In fact there were no contracts. They would use the entries as leads and set appointments with them (that is where the 'recruiting' comes in) and then try to sell them modeling packages for headshots, comp cards, and classes. There was NO agency. After about my 3'rd day I caught on and I quit.

It's sad when people prey on people who follow their dreams. Jerks. =(

Lisa J

Oh wow, that is scary. I also can't believe the girls who seem so interested! I can only hope that they realize it's a scam to and are just trying to play along.

wolfsong

LOL! They dont seem to have heard of the full stop:

"hi well im helen from a agency called this is models we are based in scotland and we look for new models any where in the world we are a gd company to work with we do have a lot of girls cum to us wanting to be models and we make it happen for them every time a new girl cumes we always make then happy with doing this modeling we have a couple of rules aswell in this we do do training aswell we do it at office but u have to pay for the training which u will need if u havent done this before but we do offer to do it on webcam for free the training is for 4 weeks 2 times a week or maybe 3 depends and if u make it though training we pay 12 grand a week and also we take u to london and give u 500 pounds spending money to spend on yourself and we use the cloths and underwear u buy in photo shots we do how u get on but we dont provide cams to see us it is the confidental of the bussiness so i think that is it so hope u here from u soon"

lipstickandhate

When I was in college, one of my roommates got scammed on the street by a guy who claimed to be a modeling scout. She was very wealthy and he talked her out of $1,000 for her "headshots and start up fees." He even called her a couple of times to seem legitimate but about a week later he vanished.

My other roommates and I were immediately skeptical b/c although she was very pretty, she was certainly not built like your average fashion model and it seemed fishy she would have to pay to get started. Unfortunately we were right and she got scammed.

I don't even want to know what goes on these days online. Every once in a while I still get the Nigerian businessman asking for my bank account email so he get escape civil war or whatever the hell that thing says. LOL.

SparklingWaves

:bigpimp:That picture of Carol says it all to me. The majority of the girls were almost in their underwear and/or sticking out their behind. One of the photographers has a thing for women's behinds. Yes, everyone can recognize that's Carol.

as_cute_as_pie

diana
isnt that her off hope and faith/mean girls forgot her name!
if not its her twin lol
hmm yeh a propa agency would say 'the models we have got'
lol wtf
lmao.gif

as_cute_as_pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsong
LOL! They dont seem to have heard of the full stop:

"hi well im helen from a agency called this is models we are based in scotland and we look for new models any where in the world we are a gd company to work with we do have a lot of girls cum to us wanting to be models and we make it happen for them every time a new girl cumes we always make then happy with doing this modeling we have a couple of rules aswell in this we do do training aswell we do it at office but u have to pay for the training which u will need if u havent done this before but we do offer to do it on webcam for free the training is for 4 weeks 2 times a week or maybe 3 depends and if u make it though training we pay 12 grand a week and also we take u to london and give u 500 pounds spending money to spend on yourself and we use the cloths and underwear u buy in photo shots we do how u get on but we dont provide cams to see us it is the confidental of the bussiness so i think that is it so hope u here from u soon"

or learning to spell YOU/CUM lol sure i do it but this is on a forum not a 'reputable' site
winks.gif

the guestbook made me think that actually the 'comments' may be made by the site management so it shows people are interested.. just a thought
smiles.gif

little teaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsong
Gross! Its either - as you say - a dirty old man, or its a money scam. No reputable model agency asks for money (at least straight up). They also dont randomly ask people over the net to join - you ask them.
Edit:
The 'txt' spelling and the freebie half-an-hour-in-the-making website is further proof - no professional business would have either of those.

i agree, i think its a dirty old man behind the money scam.

wolfsong

Quote:
Originally Posted by as_cute_as_pie
winks.gif

the guestbook made me think that actually the 'comments' may be made by the site management so it shows people are interested.. just a thought
smiles.gif

Thats exactly what i thought when i read it! - Same crap spelling, avoidance to the full stop and txt speak!

Raerae

Quote:
smiles.gif

thought same thing

glam8babe

some freak on myspace did this to my mate... they said they would pay her £90 an hour just for going on webcam for men. the website was just a form so basically to get ur credit card/debit number n that n there was nowhere to click to actually see the girls on webcam so obviously a SCAM!

anyone can make a website on freewebs etc. i have a piczo website which ive had for like 4 years so you dont need to have your own business. and i totally agree with you... there are girls that really fall for these things

MarieLisa_Smile

that's crazy how people think they will make a lot of money from strangers. strangers are really dangerous. who knows what will happen you know? the world's already crazy so please don't do something stupid. you can regret it if something happend, but what will you do or say if you dont make it to the next day. Scams are real bad. Just tell em No and walk away...
smiles.gif

PomPoko

Quote:
diana
isnt that her off hope and faith/mean girls forgot her name!
if not its her twin lol
hmm yeh a propa agency would say 'the models we have got'
lol wtf
lmao.gif

Lol thats smooth of them, I wonder if Megan Fox knows her name is Diana now...And you know, going from transformers to "modeling" must have been a bit of step down for her.

That being said its quite vile really...I mean webcam training for modeling? But, oh no, you can't see them! Just for confidentiality reasons!

And:
Quote:
we do have a lot of girls cum to us wanting to be models and we make it happen for them every time a new girl cumes we always make then happy with doing this modeling

Apparently the only people that go to their agency are girls that are model material? I doubt many girls that stroll into modeling agencies are instantly added to the books! I'm not meaning to sound harsh, but that sounds super odd to me!

Having said that, I could have misunderstood this bit, since the lack of punctuation/grammar/spell checking of any description has made it almost complete nonsense. The whole thing reads like an illiterate 12 year old wrote it, in hope that some "hawt chix" will strip for them on webcam.

I hope no one has been naive enough to fall for this
ssad.gif