Do Peptide products really work?

X4biddenxLustX

I know I'm a bit too young as everyone tells me to really be looking into wrinkle care and all of that since I'm still 19 right now. But I just feel like for some reason whether it's been exposure to the sun for a big chunk of my life( just normal sun exposure. I only did tanning beds for like 2 months n quit after that and covered up my face with a towel too most of the time.), stress or my hardcore use of benzoyl peroxide products in my earlier teen years but I feel like my skin looks "aged". I mean I don't think it's really like BAD BAD BAD or really that bad at all compared to some other people's skin.

But I have noticed a lot of small lines on my forehead. I have some on the top sides of my nose also. They're most noticeable when I smile or make certain faces. I'm pretty sure it's from the benzoyl peroxide damage my skin went through from the acne treatments. I recently have stumbled upon some peptide products online. I read a little bit about them and found it impressive if it were to work. Now these products are not cheap even coming from a small independently owned company. So I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with peptide products and line reduction/prevention? Any experiences you would want to share about them?

Mabelle

the microexfoliation kit from philosophy has peptiides and viatmine c which would work nicely at lifting any scaring. viatmine c also brightens lightens and tightens the skin

i would really suggest trying help me by philosophy. its a retenoid cream for initial signs from aging. it helps control pore skin, diminish fine likes and wrinkles, and helps with acne and acne scaring. if your worried that your sensitive to retenoids, dont be. This is developed so that its time relased over the night as not to irratate your skin.
i would say a combo of the two would be looking into.
ask for samples at your sephora.

X4biddenxLustX

thanks for replying!

i have super sensitive skin which is why i'm hesitant to use pretty much any product out there on the market. my skin's just that finicky. i've been noticing that products and things that didn't use to make me break out years ago are now starting to. it's just weird.

but would using the microexofiliant be okay to use alongside the clarisonic? like not at the same time or next day but like within the same week ya no? i no for a fact that retinoid products do work especially for wrinkles. but i've heard about the dreaded purging period where basically all the gunk is pushed out of the skin and you break out like crazy. this made me really hesitant on trying something with retinoids in it. will the philosophy creamcause me to purge also?

Mabelle

I would say that yes, you can use the micro. kit with your clairsonic, but only use it once a week.
As for the renteoids, if its going to improuve your skin in the long run, i would suck it up and go for it. I mean, i get it, your skin sucks for 2 weeks or so, but if its one cream that will address most of your concerns, i think its worth it. Besides, with sephoras return policy, you cant loose.

teh ole henriksen acne line is supposed to be good too, but that wont help with the fine lines you mentioned. And as far as the the purging, ive heard it does that A LOT!

don't be afraid. whats 2 weeks in the summer with not so great skin compaired to what it will be like after; less previlant scaring, no hyperpigmentation, diminished fine lines, less acne, smaller pore size etc. Read teh user reviews on sephora.com. Honestly, its one of the top sellers at my store. people love it/

X4biddenxLustX

I actually went to sephora today and was given a sample of it. I was told by the girl who helped me out to use it every other day as I have very sensitive skin. I'm still afraid to use it though lol. I wish I had more time in the summer as I start school in less than 2 weeks and my big goal was to start school with clear skin again lol.

ruthless

It is my personal belief that a moisturizer will only take away fine lines caused by dryness and not age or expression. Everything else is taken care of by botox, fillers or surgery. That's not to say anti aging moisturizers as preventative medicine don't work-it's just that once they're there (due to age etc) moisturizers really don't do much.

On the other hand, if you find something that makes you FEEL better (ie peptides) then you go for it. If that's your pic as an avatar you are a very pretty girl and may be obsessing a tad? I think you look great.

Cheers!