Do you bleach your eyebrows?

Cinammonkisses

Iv'e been thinking of bleaching my eyebrows for some time now. I always see the celebs with the most gorgeous eyebrows and I'd like to obtain something similar. Are there any products that you ladies use, or any that I should avoid?

Beauty Mark

I don't want to convince you otherwise, but are you bleaching your eyebrows to match your hair color (like if you dyed your hair blond)? I don't know if you'd want to bleach them unless it's something like that. If you don't like their shape, I'd get them professionally waxed or threaded before I do bleach

pixichik77

I v'e seen good bleaching and bad bleaching. Not pretty when it starts to grow in.

Brow gels are good. I'd only really consider bleaching if your hair and brow color are drastically different. And get it done professionally. No need to risk blindness doing it yourself.

elektra513

Ditto on the "use brow gel" or "get it done professionally" advice already given. I tried to do it myself once and turned mine orange
eeksign.gif
...Granted, I was 13, but still!
lol.gif
I wouldn't try doing it again, b/c you never know with the timing.

MACaholic76

I *just* posted this question on Makeup alley and the replies were an overwhelming "nay".
I saw some photos from Kevyn Aucoin's book "Making Faces" and he makes a lot of references to bleached eyebrows and they all looked gorgeous on the models. It created a softer look, and matched their haircolor.
I say if you can find a good brow powder to go lighter, I say experiment with that first. If you are not satisfied with the results, then find a professional who can do it for you. That's the route I'm taking!
Good luck!

amoona

I was considering bleaching my brows when I wanted to dye my hair light brown but I voted against it. I have very black eyebrows and this bad boys grow constantly ... I get them waxed every other week. I changed my mind and dyed my hair brown hair black to match my eyebrows instead. It looks better.

If you do want to do this though I'd say go to a professional salon and see if they can do it. It seems very dangerous being so close to the eye with bleach.

MAC_Pixie04

most celebrities and models have their brows bleached because they're constantly wearing new hair styles and colors, so with the brows being "barely there" they don't have to worry about their brows being off, because you can barely see them. brow bleaching requires a lot of maintenance and can get expensive because like others, i totally recommend you have them professionally done, including the touch ups.
IMO it's not worth it unless you're like Vanessa Williams, who can afford to have her brows maintained by a professional.

LatinaRose

Hi CK!! I bleach my brows with a kit from Sally. Super easy. They look a bit orange right after I do them, but I fill them in and they look fine. They don't look orange at all by the next day. You can totally do this at home, no need to visit a pro.

hyperRealGurl

I personally dont bleach the brows.. although there was a time when i thought about doing it. i like my natural brow color even though my brows fairly dark.. But when it comes to lighting brows if done correctly it looks amazing... truely brightens your face

LatinaRose

I was thinking about this some more and I don't think yours will come out orange at all. I am super blonde right now and need to lighten mine as much as possible. Your hair is much darker than mine so you don't need such a drastic change. If you just leave the bleach on for a few minutes, it should lighten them enough w/o turning them orange.

kiannack

I bleached my eyebrows a few years ago and it isn't that hard. I used Jolen's Creme bleach. Try using a cream or gel so it doesn't run and to make sure you get the right color remove the bleach every 10 mins to see what color they are keep going if you want them lighter. The only problem is when they grow in.

mkupsusie

For me bleaching eyebrows by yourself is dangerous. It is very near to your eyes and run the risk of getting chemical eye irritation/burns to say the least . I'm a nurse by profession and had seen to many people get into the most unlikely accident. It's up to you though.

Kels823

I lightened my brows myself last summer when I went light brown/blonde. Only issue I had was regrowth. Used Jolen creme bleach for hair.

For those of you that use brow gel - what brands do you suggest? And if I have jet black brows, will using a lighter brow gel really make a difference?

lilchocolatema

My stylist used to do it for me all the time. I was always shocked at how quick it was. It was only $10 and I loved the look, so hot. I always got compliments, it was a subtle change that makes a BIG difference!

Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinaRose
Hi CK!! I bleach my brows with a kit from Sally. Super easy. They look a bit orange right after I do them, but I fill them in and they look fine. They don't look orange at all by the next day. You can totally do this at home, no need to visit a pro.

When new hairs start to grow in, and you want to bleach again, will the hairs that are still blonde turn even blonder?

yummy411

hi cinnamon! i bleach my eyebrows with a mix (cream with powder activator) Super easy! Trust me, I used to be afraid and didn't think i could do it, until one day my sister gave me a Salley Hansen facial hair bleach kit and i tried it... someone on the board says, stop/remove the cream to check every 10mins, i say about every 5 or less. I just check the color and don't make it that light. I bleached them when I lightened my hair, but since I continue to bleach because i just love the look. When I fill my brows in, they look natural, just a touch lighter, but you can't really tell.... check my photos in my profile and see if you can tell. i encourage you to try it. whever i feel my face looks dark and i need to brighten/open my eyes, it because it's time to bleach them again.

yummy411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired
When new hairs start to grow in, and you want to bleach again, will the hairs that are still blonde turn even blonder?

no they won't turn even blonder.. they'll start to mix in with the darker hair.

I bleach my eyebrows regularly using Jolene's face bleach (the one for sensitive skin) I like to lighten my brows to match my hair color. I usually leave it in for about 10 minutes (my brows are very black) and an additional 5 if it's not light enough. I've been doing it for about 10 years now and I've never had a problem with Jolene's. If you are scared, I suggest going to a professional!