Do you buy LE items on ebay?

purrtykitty

This one is probably OK, but yeah there are a lot of counterfeits out there. You just have to weed through the bad ones to find the jewels.

enjoybeingagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
This one is probably OK, but yeah there are a lot of counterfeits out there. You just have to weed through the bad ones to find the jewels.

Thanks ... I thought since it has the barbie emblem it would be hard to fake

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoybeingagirl
Thanks ... I thought since it has the barbie emblem it would be hard to fake

You'd be surprised... They can still fake it.

This thread shows a fake powder (sorry its not eyeshadow but still...) with the pressed barbie emblem on it.

xxManBeaterxx

I have bought LE items on ebay. Paint pots, nail polish, and blush. I've bought pigments twice, and they were fake fake fake i had to toss out the powder in there because you dont know what they use to create the color... then i use the empty jar to mix my own pigment concoction [e.g. pink opal + pink pearl = <3]!! So i try to stay away from things that i hear are counterfeited often such as eye shadows, pigments, and millions of fake mac brushes.

Loirt

Haven't bought anything yet, but I want to buy one of the blushes from the Cult of Cherry collection, and maybe something from the Emanuel Ungaro collection as well.
I always wonder how these collections get to Ebay so fast!
Do people buy stuff from recently released collections only to sell them again?

jdechant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loirt
Haven't bought anything yet, but I want to buy one of the blushes from the Cult of Cherry collection, and maybe something from the Emanuel Ungaro collection as well.
I always wonder how these collections get to Ebay so fast!
Do people buy stuff from recently released collections only to sell them again?

So that they can try to make a profit on those items that are recently sold out
thmbdn.gif

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki~
Other than Barbie, what other fake LE products are there?

i haven't seen any that are close copies. there are some of those 12-shadow palettes being passed off as holiday palettes though.

panda0410

Quote:
Other than Barbie, what other fake LE products are there?

Fafi was a pretty close copy - some palettes and lippies mostly, the BP were pretty obvious fakes however. And you can now add CoC to the list - though like Redambition said they arent all that saimilar to authentic items.

mizuki~

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Fafi was a pretty close copy - some palettes and lippies mostly, the BP were pretty obvious fakes however. And you can now add CoC to the list - though like Redambition said they arent all that saimilar to authentic items.

Crap. I just bought a Fafi BP on eBay! Are there pictures anywhere of the fake Fafis? I'd like to see how fake or real they look.
nope.gif

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410

i saw some fafi glosses on ebay - but they didn't have the decals and the colours were very odd looking.

do you have any examples of the lippies/palettes? would love to see.

redambition

Quote:
Crap. I just bought a Fafi BP on eBay! Are there pictures anywhere of the fake Fafis? I'd like to see how fake or real they look.
nope.gif

can you link to the auction? we might be able to tell from the auction pics.

greeneyes81

I think that majority of the LE stuff would be safe -- but, i'm more referring to the items with special packaging. You'd be able to tell in a second if it was fake Heatherette or Manish Arora (probably spelled that wrong LOL) packaging. I've bought a few LE things on Ebay, and luckily they have all been authentic. You just need to look carefully, ask for additional pictures to see more detail if they only have one or two shots up that are taken from a distance, and of course utilize the lovely ladies here for advice
smiles.gif

I've purchased Royal wink fluidline from ebay one time because the one i had dried up, but the time i needed another they discontinued it. It turned out to be authentic, but yea just ask for more pics and see their reviews. your better off going with someone 100% positive feedback.

redambition

Quote:
MAC M.A.C. FAFI Iridescent Powder/Pressed Belightful - eBay (item 250307613387 end time Nov-11-08 04:04:30 PST)
this is the relisted item of what I bought. Unfortunately, it doesn't have any real pictures, only the one form the MAC website. I messaged the seller if this was 100% authentic MAC or my money back and they said yes so I guess if it's fake, I could return it? And plus they got really good feedback.

yeah - sadly that pic isn't much help
ssad.gif
you'll have to wait and see when you get it. hopefully it's a real one!

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
i saw some fafi glosses on ebay - but they didn't have the decals and the colours were very odd looking.

do you have any examples of the lippies/palettes? would love to see.

The link was here in this forum actually, to several fake Fafi items on ebay
smiles.gif
Let me trawl about and dig up the thread
winks.gif