Do you ever....

michy_mimi

....go to the MAC counter and get a lipstick that you think looks great on you and then get home, wear it a few times and wonder what the heck you were thinking? I am finding that alot of the lipsticks I have aren't working for me....

beautenoir

I found that with Viva Glam I...reds are not me, I am not the joker...but with such a big mouth they make me look like it
smiles.gif
!

Pushpa

yeah but then i think it is just like those days where you feel fat even though you looked the exact same the day b4...i just put that particular shade away for some time and then go back to it later

SMMY

I think half of the time it's a combination of poor lighting in the store and wishful thinking on my part. The next day, in the harsh light of day, the thrill is gone.

michy_mimi

I am having that issue with syrup and strawberry blonde...in fact all my lustres are just not good at the moment....the texture is different then when I bought them....it's hard to explain....

firefly

i only have 1 MAC l/s and that happened to me! i bought sophisto about a month ago, loved it in the store, and now i don't care for it much. My bf didn't like it either...
ssad.gif
maybe it will look better in the summer w/ a tan

user79

I have the same problem although most of my lipsticks are drugstore. I don't like MAC formulations. Lately I wear nothing but lipgloss though.

Katgirl625

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbonnechick
That happened with Sandy "B" just recently.

Ditto - I wanted a peachy color...why wasn't the m/a just honest with me and tell me that it make me look like I head dead lips?????

I either have to cover with gloss, or change the color with a l/l...uh, what's the point?

veilchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMY
I think half of the time it's a combination of poor lighting in the store and wishful thinking on my part. The next day, in the harsh light of day, the thrill is gone.

That's exactly what happens to me - sometimes I just want to have a certain colour (looks so nice in the tube, so nice on a model, etc), but at home I realize it's not for me. At home I then keep asking myself "what was I thinking", but I try to make any work by mixing with some other colours since I couldn't stand the thought of never using it again.

a914butterfly

that happens to me alot. i swatch the lipstick on my hand and it looks nice (or maybe it's the mac lighting in the store), but then go and put it on the next day and it looks horrible. i take it back to mac for credit or exchange, but sometimes i find i can work with it by putting a lipglass over it and blending.

bellamia

Yeah its definitely the lighting in the MAC store. Even the sales people say their lighting is horrible. The thing is if they know that is the problem why don't they change the lights then "Da". I mean come on we dish out our hard earn money for what to come home and be disappointed. I asked the last sales girl who was assisting me she had no comment.
th_dunno.gif

Alison

Xpose. I got with B2M. It was my own fault though because I didn't try it on at the counter.

litlaur

Definitely, but for me it's definitely the difference in lighting. I'm wary of trying products on my lips. I only try it on my hand.

I know MAs try to keep everything clean and hygienic, but I've seen people try on stuff directly out of the tube/pot while there aren't any MAs looking.

YOOTOPiA

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlaur
Definitely, but for me it's definitely the difference in lighting. I'm wary of trying products on my lips. I only try it on my hand.

I know MAs try to keep everything clean and hygienic, but I've seen people try on stuff directly out of the tube/pot while there aren't any MAs looking.

thats exactly why i dont try it on at the store, i only swatch against my hand.
the other day i bought love in laquer and i seriously look ill when i wear it alone. i have to put on blush or layer it over liner or lipstick to make it work for me.

Latest posts