do you find yourself attracted to certain products?

meagannn

This may be a silly question but do you ever find yourself attracted to the same kinds of products over and over? One type of item, no matter what brand, that you can never have enough of? Or just one kind of item you always want to buy?

I find myself, when browsing through makeup stores or online at sephora, to be attracted to the same certain types of products, or fragrances without even smelling them!

For tonights example, i'm going through the lists of 'Limited Edition' products on sephora.com and I found myself eyeing each and every red or electric pink colored item, even if its something I'll never use- Like these Sugar lip glosses that i may never, ever use or need. But this one red is calling my name. I dont even wear red lipcolor much!!
smiles.gif
i cant figure it out.
eyelove.gif

also with the Philosophy items, (particularily the amazing grace scent) I find myself always checking them out. I dont know what it smells like, but something about it almost makes it an option for purchase just based on the name 'Amazing Grace' alone!

I also do this with shampoo and conditioner sets, even though I already have 2 HG brands of shampoo and conditioner.

anyone else have the same crazy shopping tendencies? Or am I alone here?

bellaetoile

i must buy every and all mac pigments. i'm obsessed. even though many are VERY similar, or colors i know i will never wear, i still buy them.

lipglosses, too, in general. i've done this since i first started buying lipgloss, like, 8 years ago. i will keep buying them and buying them, and i have SO many at this point, and SO many are alike, yet i still buy more. it makes no sense.

Juneplum

for me, bath and shower gels, bubble bath stuff, lotions, body butters, lipgloss and perfumes are my downfall
lol.gif
no matter how many of them i own (and trust me...... i have a crapload) i HAVE to buy more!
lol.gif

user79

I'm really attracted to warm golden and brown tones in eyeshadows and I own a few things that are quite similar, yet I continue to buy more.

Lipglosses are the same thing, I have so many and only use a couple of them regularly.

meagannn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I'm really attracted to warm golden and brown tones in eyeshadows and I own a few things that are quite similar, yet I continue to buy more.

Lipglosses are the same thing, I have so many and only use a couple of them regularly.

Ooohh, yeah I am the same way with that, come to think of it! i'm always searching for the perfect bronzy-brown-not-too-orange shade of eyeshadow. hehe

ebonyannette

For me its skincare, Cleansers, Exfoliators, Moisturizers. I can stand in the aisle forever looking at all of them, smelling, testing, reading the lables and ingredients etc.

My new obsession is Eyshadow thanks to Specktra! so any brand no matter what the color I start thinking of what to layer it with.

queenofdisaster

i am obsessed with anything shimmery. or just face products in general... foundations, powders, blushes, concealers, etc... its annoying b/c it's keeping me from building a good e/s collection! LOL!

i used to have a bad problem with lipgloss. i'd walk out with 2 or 3 everytime i went in a store. but since i got addicted to mac i gave all the others i had to my sister. she was happy. now i have about 5 or 6 mac lipglasses.

k_im

i have a really bad problem with lipglosses.. i have about 25 lustreglasses, lipglasses, and lacquers.. and i only really started collecting this summer too!

i'm also attracted to blushes.. eyeliners and mascaras..

Simply Elegant

Pink subtle shimmer highlighters, cleansers and scrubs and brown and gold eyeshadows. Oh and bright red lipsticks too for vintage looks. I'm obsessed with all of those.

jessiekins1

pink and purple shadows and glosses and lipsticks. foody scented perfumes and lotions. foody scented lipglosses. i'm a real lipgloss whore.....i have soooo many but i keep buying more and more because the scent, taste or color.
lmao.gif

meagannn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaizyDeath
im REALLY attracted to packaging even if the product is shit
if the packageing is nice im sold
hahaa

yeahhhhh! thats why i like the philosophy stuff so much, even though i've never used it. I like the simple packaging. heh

csuthetaphi

I have a tendency to be attracted to metallics, especially golds. I went through a phase last winter where I had to buy every gold and silver product I saw on Sephora.
smiles.gif

I am also obsessed with nail polishes. I have hundreds, many of the same color, but it just brightens my day to buy a few! Notice I said, a few, not just one (I never buy one at a time)!
eyelove.gif

I also have a weakness for lipgloss. I hardly ever wear it, but I own hundreds. In fact, I have a storage box on my closet of just lipglosses that I haven't worn in a while!
eyelove.gif

Ms. Z

I'm attracted to pretty packaging, especially if its LE.
eyelove.gif

Brown eye shadows of almost any brand,

Anything turquoise/teal colored.

moonrevel

I am like a moth to a flame when it comes to blue and green eyeshadows. Anything in the blue, green, turquoise, or teal family always draws my interest.