Do You Know What Happens? Shrunken Paint Pot

Shaquille

Deflated Pharaoh Paint Pot?
th_dunno.gif

I bought this pp from a very genuine seller here in specktra (she got lots of feedback and I trust her).

I asked her about this, she said it must have deflated during the shipping, it was full when she bought it.
My guess was she bought it from a CCO where some of the failed products go.
Or yes it deflated somewhere somehow.. but I never heard such things..

So does anyone has an explanation? TIA!

P8300362.jpg

http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/p...y/P8300363.jpg

Susanne

Re: Do You Know What Happens?

Very strange. Never have seen this before. I can't imagine it should be deflated during shipping.

MAC_Whore

Re: Do You Know What Happens?

It appears to have dehydrated. Does it feel dry? Is it creamy?

MrsRjizzle

i saw these paint pots at my local cco. the testers were like this already. So I didnt purchase them. At the CCO they dont allow you to open the box to look but its quite possible it could have been like that already. I cant imagine shipping from point A to B could have done that though....

Maybe the seller didnt even open it and look at it if it was new, not sure... But doesnt really make sense that it could have changed so quickly. I think AIR and temperature is only think that can make that happen...over a period of time that is.
ssad.gif

NicksWifey

That's crazy! I've never seen anything like it. I can see the circular chunk, but I was wondering if the leftover green that goes around the sides of the pot, is that all dried up or still creamy too? It's like it seperated from the rest.

Shaquille

it's dried up.. but still appliable.. it is separated from the rest, yes..

I tried to lift 1/4 content and the whole content went up as well..
th_dunno.gif

esmeralda89

well i dont know the answer to this but all i can say is that this happened to 1/3 of the rim of my rolickin ppt i dont know why but its not as bad as yours the only exp. i came up with was that it was on its side for quite some time but i dont now what could have happened to yours
ssad.gif

2nigurl

i think she didnt close the cap really well. i have my rubenesque p/p just like that and i forgot to close it tightly.
ssad.gif

MACATTAK

Quote:
My guess was she bought it from a CCO where some of the failed products go.

AFAIK, products don't go to the CCO that are bad. I believe they are just extras, or discontinued/LE products. Still weird that this happened though.

Shaquille

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nigurl
i think she didnt close the cap really well. i have my rubenesque p/p just like that and i forgot to close it tightly.
ssad.gif

did you use any mixing medium to bring it back? If yes, did it work?

thanks

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
AFAIK, products don't go to the CCO that are bad. I believe they are just extras, or discontinued/LE products. Still weird that this happened though.

exactly!

this happens with fluidline too. they've just dried up from being exposed to too much air.

Distinque

I've also noticed that the matte paint pots like the mcqueen paint pots with little shimmer to no shimmer aren't as creamy as the other paint pots so it won't take much for them to dry up....

TDoll

I've bought Pharaoh and a few other paint pots from CCO's and they're just as perfect as ones purchased from MAC stores or counters. Yes, testers were probably like that because paint pots tend to pull away from the sides of the pot when they dry out. I don't think this could have happened unless it was shipped with the top completely unscrewed...lol.

BunnyBunnyBunny

MAC_Whore and others are right: It is from it getting dehydrated or exposed to too much air. This is exactly what happened to Chanel's cream foundation compacts because they had them out in the display case, open. They dried up and all collected in the middle. I don't know what, if anything, would restore it to it's original creaminess.