Do you "LLLOOOVVE" working at MAC????

diorgrl

Hi! I know a lot of girls who have been working for MAC for many many years....2, 5, 10 years!

Everytime I ask them or even the other MA's I don't know personally, "How do you like working at MAC?" I ALWAYS get the same response "I LOOOOVEEE IT!"

Even after 5-10 years it doesn't wear off? Any MAC MA's do explain why!!?

(p.s. I am debating a career change and going into my passion f/t)

Thanks in advance!

Bernadette

I loooove it and plan to be with the company for a long time but am still pursuing my ultimate career goal as a metal fabricator restoring classic cars
thmbup.gif
. I know makeup and cars are oppostires but they are my passions and give me some kind of crazy balance for my crazy personality hah.

diorgrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000
I loooooove the actual work...I HAAAAATE retail!

Exxaaaactly....! It's the retail thing that's stopping me! LOL

diorgrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette
I loooove it and plan to be with the company for a long time but am still pursuing my ultimate career goal as a metal fabricator restoring classic cars
thmbup.gif
. I know makeup and cars are oppostires but they are my passions and give me some kind of crazy balance for my crazy personality hah.

LOL that is sooo awesome! At least you are pursuing BOTH your passions!!

How do you like working weekends though?
ssad.gif

diorgrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by claresauntie
I loooooove it. But I've only been there for 5 months.

Hehehe, congrats!!
clap.gif

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by diorgrl
LOL that is sooo awesome! At least you are pursuing BOTH your passions!!

How do you like working weekends though?
ssad.gif

Butting in...
smiles.gif
....I only work weekends and evenings (I left a counter position so that I could freelance and have flexibility...I gave up my discount and gratis, but it was so worth it) except Sundays,,,it works beautifully for me!

MisStarrlight

It's a great job for now, but I really can't see myself doing it long-term unless I become a trainer. Don't get me wrong, that is what I'm working towards, but I didn't go to college and to makeup school to be working in retail forever.

JessArtStar

My first day is tuesday of next week....seeing all these comments make me more excited.

((MisStarrlight, I love Kathleen Hanna...Im wearing my Bikini Kill t-shirt today! HAHA ))

baybehbekah

outta all the cosmetic jobs that i have had, mac is certainly the best one! but like a couple others have said, its the retail part that wears you out. working weekends doesn't really bother me because my location is closed on sundays!
smiles.gif
as for the future, i could see myself moving up, but not quite sure thats what i want for the long term. working for mac is a dream come true & i am 100% happy to stick around for a good while now!
smiles.gif

miss_supra

Quote:
thmbup.gif

I am just like you, al thought my taste for cars is with the Toyota Supra. My two passions are so opposite. Mae-up and fast performance cars.

MAC*GIRL08

Quote:
thmbup.gif

Yes I can certainly identify with two total opposite careers. I am in law enforcement. So I guess when I eventually pull over a speeding car I can offer them a free sample of the newest MAC product. HA HA just kiddin!
tong.gif

VioletB

Quote:
thmbup.gif

I love you.. You are so badass.

chocolategoddes

Anyone working at MAC should "LLLOOOVVE" their job IMO.
Being a MAC MA isn't the kind of job you should be doing just to pay the bills like cleaning toilets in McDonalds would be.
A MAC MA should be passionate about their work, even if the retail aspect of it sucks, and if they don't like it, I'm sure there would be plenty of MA hopefuls who wouldn't mind taking their job from them.

baybehbekah

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
Anyone working at MAC should "LLLOOOVVE" their job IMO.
Being a MAC MA isn't the kind of job you should be doing just to pay the bills like cleaning toilets in McDonalds would be.
A MAC MA should be passionate about their work, even if the retail aspect of it sucks, and if they don't like it, I'm sure there would be plenty of MA hopefuls who wouldn't mind taking their job from them.

i love working at mac, i really really do! and i have worked with other lines and mac is by far the best cosmetic company i've ever worked for. however, with the good comes the bad, and the retail part can be very difficult. customers arent always the nicest people and it takes a toll when people are just plain rude to you. i'm very passionate about my artistry and i take alot of pride in my skill and wanting to learn more, but this is the real world and i gotta pay my bill. i feel lucky to have a job that i enjoy so much, because not many people can say that. but people just suck sometimes and will drain the good right outta you. do the people that suck make me hate my job, or take my joy in makeup away? of course not! but you get tired and that is ok, no job is perfect and like i said, with the good comes the bad.

DirtyPlum

Yep, love it too! I work in IT and am only at MAC on Saturdays - I dont need the job, but I wanted it cos I'm crazy abt the products and the company (more so, now that I work for them) - the rude customers and retail aspect in general can ruin it somewhat but its part n parcel of it but most days its fantastic and the makeup results sure outweigh any sh*tty customers!

chocolategoddes

Quote:
Originally Posted by baybehbekah
i love working at mac, i really really do! and i have worked with other lines and mac is by far the best cosmetic company i've ever worked for. however, with the good comes the bad, and the retail part can be very difficult. customers arent always the nicest people and it takes a toll when people are just plain rude to you. i'm very passionate about my artistry and i take alot of pride in my skill and wanting to learn more, but this is the real world and i gotta pay my bill. i feel lucky to have a job that i enjoy so much, because not many people can say that. but people just suck sometimes and will drain the good right outta you. do the people that suck make me hate my job, or take my joy in makeup away? of course not! but you get tired and that is ok, no job is perfect and like i said, with the good comes the bad.

That's exactly what I mean. You all are human (obviously....) and I'm sure there is a lot about your job that stresses you out. I'm just saying that working for MAC seems to be such an awesome job and if someone is waking up every morning like, " Ugh.. I have to do this crap again" and isn't passionate enough about the makeup to overlook the rude customers and overwhelming retail, then they shouldn't be working for MAC.

***Jazz hands***

andicandi3x12

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
That's exactly what I mean. You all are human (obviously....) and I'm sure there is a lot about your job that stresses you out. I'm just saying that working for MAC seems to be such an awesome job and if someone is waking up every morning like, " Ugh.. I have to do this crap again" and isn't passionate enough about the makeup to overlook the rude customers and overwhelming retail, then they shouldn't be working for MAC.

***Jazz hands***

Thats a bit harsh. I wake up and feel that way about my job but it doesnt mean I shouldnt have the job I mean obviously I earned it so I am entitled to have my "ugh" days. Alot of jobs look and are awesome but when youre in it, it allows you the right to be pissed about having to go in, like you said we're human. Ah retail
choochoo.gif

lainz

Quote:
Originally Posted by andicandi3x12
Thats a bit harsh. I wake up and feel that way about my job but it doesnt mean I shouldnt have the job I mean obviously I earned it so I am entitled to have my "ugh" days. Alot of jobs look and are awesome but when youre in it, it allows you the right to be pissed about having to go in, like you said we're human. Ah retail
choochoo.gif

i agree. passion isnt being hindered by lack of wanting to deal with rude people. having off days doesnt make anyone less deserving of the job. obviously they have the job for a reason....but dealing with the tedious work that may come from working in a retail setting (which basically means youre a slave to the man with the money) does get tiring. especially if you work in a ritzy store or area.
th_dunno.gif