Do you look like "a different person" with + without makeup?

luvsic

So, are you one of those girls who looks like a COMPLETELY different person with and without makeup?

I am just one of those girls who just can't pull it together when I don't have makeup on. And I mean, a lot of makeup. Although I make it look like it's not a lot
winks.gif
(I have modeled my makeup styling after that of the victoria's secret angels...light, airy, dreamy and LOOKING like they don't have a ton on when they really do) Unfortunately, I am not one of the lucky swipe-on-mascara-and-go girls...(although I wish I could be!) I go ALL OUT! And I'm telling ya, I look way different. WAY. Unrecognizable different.

Eyeliner, mascara, false lashes, eye contouring (with a few different shadows), nose contouring, lip liner, lipstick...the works.

How about you guys? I don't really feel bad about it. It's just, if I ever stay at a place that is more rural, I don't think putting on all the makeup I do would be as practical...oh well, I'd make it work. lol.

Personal anecdote of proof: Once I was waiting for my friend in class and didn't have any makeup on. I saw him come in and glance over the room, looking for me. I called out his name and he looked at me, with a confused look on his face for a second.

Him: I didn't even recognize you!
Me: Why?
Him: You don't look the same without makeup...
Me: ...Is that a bad thing?
Him: Well..uh...no. You just look...different. (AKA, yes, I prefer you with makeup, Mani.)

Personal anecdote of proof 2:

Mom: WOW, you look like 2 different people with and without makeup! lol, my mom doesn't lie, either.

Feel free to share stories of such!

Simply Elegant

Yes and no. I can pull off the almost no makeup look but only do that if I'm going to the gym or if I'm in a hurry so yes when I do my makeup like that I do look very recognizable. When I do a full face, dramatic heavy eye makeup with false lashes and lots of eyeliner, contouring, lips etc then not so much. I like an inbetween sort of look. I don't wear false lashes everyday or really dark eyeshadows but I do like a defined look and will lightly contour my cheeks too. I still look like myself then too.

gildedangel

I look....acceptable without makeup on; I can get away with it now that I don't have so much acne and redness anymore. I like to wear makeup though; it makes me feel a little better. I tend to go more for the neutrals and the natural look during the day though. I definetly get a more postive response from people when I have makeup (a full face) on though.

BeccalovesMAC

Honestly, I don't wear that much makeup usually. I remember when I got my first MAC Makeover, I looked like someone totally different.

ginger9

I don't have a face that "takes" a lot of makeup very well. I guess you could say my face is better closes to it's natural look. Sometimes I really want to be one of those people who look completely transformed like I see in the FOTD sections
eyelove.gif

When I do wear a face full of makeup, either done by myself or a professional MA. People always say it's "not me" and I look better with less makeup.

I look best when I just focus on one area of my face. Ie. a red lipstick paired with winged eyeliner. Or a moderately smoky eye. That's it, anything more people start telling me I don't look like myself.

Junkie

Ahh! lol

My face looks horrible without make-up! Haha, well atleast I think so..

My boyfriend swears I look "cute" - well, all know what "cute" can mean though hahaha. I personally think I look like a little kid without make up - very bland. My skin is pretty uneven and I have a lot of hyperpigmentation and acne scarring, so I refuse to go out without a full face of make-up. Just foundation looks kind of funny, so if I'm going "natural" - I'll atleast put on some liner and smudge a bit of darker shadow on my lid to give some dimension. I always use a coloured gloss too - or Dr. Pepper chapstick because it gives off enough colour.

I can go without contouring, blush, highlighter, lots of eyeshadow, lipstick and concealer....but I NEED foundation, powder and eyeliner atleast.

hello_kitty

I still look like myself, but I think I look nicer with makeup.

My skin is pretty good, so I just wear a powder foundation and don't really try to conceal much... I love my freckles and what not. What I go crazy with is eye makeup! I at least have to have mascara on if I leave the house, usually more.

vica

yes, with makeup i look like a pretty asian girl and without makeup i look like a kid. sometimes cute if i dont break out haha
i have some old acne pigmentation and redness so i feel like i need to put on foundation. then when i have a full face of foundation it kinda erases my eyes so i have to wear some eyeliner and a little eyeshadow ..then i dont look complete without blush, lashes, etc so i guess i have to wear a full face of makeup to look better... lately ive been too lazy to put on makeup so ive been wearing just tinted moisturizer and a little eyeliner. it makes me look like a tired little kid..with uneven pigmentation..lol.

Mabelle

I have pretty godo skin, so i feel comfortable with no makeup, but prefer to wear it.
During school, when im very busy and don't have time to put on makeup, I get comments all the time. One teacher insists on telling me how different i look everyday. I dont know if its a good thing or not. I dont think i look any different, but others have agreed with her.

My boyfriend prefers me makeup free. He says he likes to see my freckles in all their glory. I dont know, i dont think i look different at all.

luvsic

Junkie - I don't like being called cute either. As Manny from Degrassi says, "I don't wanna be adorable. Bunnies and puppies are adorable." Maybe my VS bra will help me get rid of the "cute" haha...I think my makeup is definitely more sultry than cute, but it seems like I still get treated like that "cute kid sister" a lot...hmmm. I'm digressing. I gotta shake things up this year! No more "cute" mani
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by vica
yes, with makeup i look like a pretty asian girl and without makeup i look like a kid. sometimes cute if i dont break out haha
i have some old acne pigmentation and redness so i feel like i need to put on foundation. then when i have a full face of foundation it kinda erases my eyes so i have to wear some eyeliner and a little eyeshadow ..then i dont look complete without blush, lashes, etc so i guess i have to wear a full face of makeup to look better... lately ive been too lazy to put on makeup so ive been wearing just tinted moisturizer and a little eyeliner. it makes me look like a tired little kid..with uneven pigmentation..lol.

ME TOO. I am Asian too, and I look like a little girl without makeup. And I go all out on the falsies too! I love to play up my eyes the most. They're the most fun, I think my eyes kind of look like Valeria Mazza's eyes (below) when played up (even though I'm Asian haha...) My skin is ok - I am usually too lazy to bother with foundation (I just conceal zits and put on powder to lock in contouring) but I need need need eyeliner/lashes/eyeshadow. Contouring is such a must for me I've become such an addict
shockt.gif

This is kinda the look I do every day! O_O

000000046647-valeria_mazza-fullsize.jpg

Since my eyes are smaller, I think it looks like I have a lot more than I really do...oh heck with it, I do have a lot on =P blegh.

It feels weird when people comment "you look tired" / "are you ok?" when i don't have makeup on...errr, i don't really know how to respond to that. I just brush it off, most of the time.

I find it funny when people say "you look better w/o so much makeup!" because maybe I don't think they really know how different I look without it...I'm used to wearing so much...I feel very naked without it. If I really don't care/am really tired I'll just contour/put on some powder and be out the door (to grocery shopping or something) but that's rare. Otherwise, class, shopping, whatever...it's that look ^^

Lucky ladies who dont need a lot to be gorg! We are all jealous.
winks.gif

carmenhoney

I mean everyone looks different when they wear makeup in comparison to when they don't wear makeup. I don't apply too much foundation because it can look obvious. But this is where good skin comes into play. If you have good skin to begin with, you don't need much coverup. I apply my makeup with a light hand because I don't really care for the "you look different with makeup" comment. I almost never hear that. I wear makeup because my face looks nicer with it, but like I said, everyone's face looks nicer with makeup. Every woman looks better with either lashes/mascara, blush, lipstick, something. The majority of people are darker around the eye area, so when you apply concealer, you do look more alive and alert, therefore you do look different. But I find that people who usually make comments like that are in desperate need of makeup or some type of cosmetic enhancement themselves, so I usually ignore them and keep on truckin'.

Diva009

I have been told by others and by my mom that i look like two completely diff ppl. my daily make up routine consist of :

mac studio finish concealer nc45, mac sff nc45, (mac studio fix powder nc45, when i need more coverage), mac blacktrack fluid line ( sometimes with feline underneath), diorshow mascara, a powder and pencil for my brows, mac mineralize blush in merrily, and my lips vary. it sounds like alot but it doesn't look like much. Plus it only takes me 15 min at the very most.

luvsic

carmenhoney, I can see what you are saying. I guess what I meant to say is, some people, no matter how much they wear, still look like themselves. Hmm, it's hard to describe...my sister has really pretty almond-shaped eyes, and she just doesn't look too different with or without all the eyeliner/eyeshadow/fake lashes in the world. She has natural beauty, in my opinion...maybe I am just one of those girls with a "canvas" face, who looks pretty different with and without it. Kinda like eva:

eva-longoria-without-makeup.jpg

DaniCakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenhoney
I mean everyone looks different when they wear makeup in comparison to when they don't wear makeup. I don't apply too much foundation because it can look obvious. But this is where good skin comes into play. If you have good skin to begin with, you don't need much coverup. I apply my makeup with a light hand because I don't really care for the "you look different with makeup" comment. I almost never hear that. I wear makeup because my face looks nicer with it, but like I said, everyone's face looks nicer with makeup. Every woman looks better with either lashes/mascara, blush, lipstick, something. The majority of people are darker around the eye area, so when you apply concealer, you do look more alive and alert, therefore you do look different. But I find that people who usually make comments like that are in desperate need of makeup or some type of cosmetic enhancement themselves, so I usually ignore them and keep on truckin'.

LOL You girls are so funny. I've gotten the you look different with makeup comments. As I've gotten older, I really don't care so much. Most of the women who make these comments need a little lipgloss and mascara, highlights/good haircut or something to make them look more attractive to me. As long as you are comfortable and confident within yourself, the opinions of others shouldn't matter.

k.a.t

Yes I do! especially since I have terrible skin
ssad.gif

If I didn't look different with make up then I wouldn't wear it..lol or at least not so much.

I also look younger without it, and it doesn't help when you're 5' heh.

BEA2LS

if i wear light make-up (wash of color, mascara, light blush, foundation, gloss) i look the same. people usually think i'm not wearing any.
when i go all out i do look a lot different, in my opinion a lot better. i get the most compliments when i do a dark lip and light eye (with or without black eyeliner). however i feel the best with a smokey eye, that's my favorite look.. that or brights. most people do not like brights on me but oh well lol.
i get the most compliments from men when i do stay natural but it's not really my thing, unless i'm at work or something.

makababy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
I have pretty godo skin, so i feel comfortable with no makeup, but prefer to wear it.

I agree with this. I mean I guess everyone looks different, even if only slightly when wearing makeup (thats the point right ? lol). But I don't look like a completely different person at all. I almost look the same.. almost.

But then again I dont wear foundation or concealer ever. I actually have never worn it, so who knows. Even when I go out at night my face is how you see it in the day (with eyeshadow, and blush of course). And during a regular day all I ever really need is eyeliner. Thats it. I dunno with makeup I feel the more you wear, the more you need. So I keep it to bare minimum.

However I definately understand look like you 5 without makeup because I have such a young face. Even with make up on, my face still looks very young.

Latest posts