Do you play a musical instrument?

msmack

Anyone on here play a musical instrument?.... I work in a musical instrument store (I'm obsessed with guitars!) and try to pick up a few songs on almost every instrument I touch... I GOT A UKELELE TODAY and I am busy strummin' out "when the saint's go marching in" like a mad woman! MUSIC IS SO REWARDING! So....YAH! What do you play? What would you like to learn to play? What kind of music do you play? I wanna hear~!
clap.gif

Tash

I can play pretty much any instrument. But I'm fluent in the organ, piano, guitar, flute, all saxophones, violin, ummmm, pretty much everything. My family is VERY musically talented.

knoxydoll

I self taught myself the piano, flute, trombone, trumpet (not very well lol), clarinet. I was taught how to play the saxophone and because very good at it. I would like to get into string instruments and plan on teaching myself some up-right bass and possibly cello.

msmack

I play electric bass and would LOVE TO GET MY HANDS ON AN UPRIGHT BASS! SO EXPENSIVE! Right on knoxydoll, thats a crap load of instruments under your belt!

knoxydoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmack
I play electric bass and would LOVE TO GET MY HANDS ON AN UPRIGHT BASS! SO EXPENSIVE! Right on knoxydoll, thats a crap load of instruments under your belt!

I was a band geek in elementary school... camp and all. Won some awards but went into art when I got into High School cause it really is my first love in the arts.
I hate how expensive upright basses are but I want one pretty badly. It'll be a few years yet before I get one though.

Tash

I got lucky. My mom was a music teacher so I just borrowed any instrument that I wanted. Now though, I actually own a grand piano, player piano, organ, keyboard, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, saxophone, and a couple other instruments.

I also sing. haha

Dark_Phoenix

Yep. I did symphonic band in high school.
I play piano, contra alto clarinet (in the key of E-flat), clarinet, bass clarinet, baritone sax, guitar, and violin.
I've had lessons on piano and violin since I was 5. All my brothers play piano and different string instruments, so our music room is like a graveyard of instruments now that they moved out, lol.

I got my first electric violin for my birthday this year and it is friggen awesome!!

silverblackened

Okay, all you multi-talented ladies are making me feel scared to admit that I only play the drums, acoustic and electric guitar, and keyboard (pretty badly, even though I had grade 4 in classical piano before I quit, LOL).

Katura

Not gonna lie..I was a hard core band wally when I was in middle shcool up into high school...

I was first chair throughout and loed every second. I still break it out of its case on occassion.

smiles.gif
I've got a beat up accoustic guitar I rescued from my high school that I've picked up a couple tunes on too! I love music and palying it yourself is awesome.

Tubachick02

mainly Tuba here, but also trombone,baritone,cornet, clarinet,flute, bari sax, bass, cello and viola in that order

GothicGirl

I have only one instrument: my voice. I´m an opera singer, currently specified as a lirico-leggero soprano. In my country there is no interest whatsoever in the study of Music as a science, therefore there is no Band at school, and everybody thinks that not reading music sheets is just fine, there´s no need. Only very rich kids take music lessons here...Or if they have a family of musicians...Or if they search for music lessons on their own interest.

ruca_or_hina

I play elecctric bass & would also LOVE to buy an upright

I play mostly 90 rock, punk, & psychobilly... hense the desire for an upright

NutMeg

My primary instruments are French Horn (eight years) and voice (four years) but I played piano when I was younger and I've messed around on the trumpet quite a bit. I can make noise on anything but a flute, but I wouldn't say I play anything other than those four.

msmack

holy crap! we gots some talented ladies on here! I just picked up an electronic drum machine (for free!) from the early 90's... and its hillarious~! it comes complete with 'euro beat' setting and all!

msmack

I just checked into prices of renting an upright bass... and its more than I thought! $90.00 CDN (<--not that that's too far off the american $!) per month... about 4,600.00 outright purchase... AND THATS THE 'STUDENT MODEL'!

xiahe

well i started off on the clarinet in 6th grade and i was in band up until i graduated high school...in high school played the bells / xylophone in the pit for marching band, then i marched on the field as a mellophone (kinda like a trumpet with a much larger bell and it sounds like a french horn) my junior and senior year (i also played the mellophone for pep band @ the basketball games). i was also involved in pit band (for our school's musicals) and one year i played oboe and the next year i played the french horn. both of those instruments were pretty hard to master, let me tell you - especially the french horn. the fingerings are so messed up...you can play almost any note open (without holding down any of the keys) and you switch it from F to Bb and back lol...but honestly that was probably my favorite instrument that i played, i wish i picked it up sooner =/

triccc

I used to play drums, but haven't been on a drum kit for well over a year. I know a few songs on guitar, piano, and violin.